Adding Alde Flow in a 2021 320 CS-S

ArayAray Member Posts: 16
I love long, hot showers. Therefore, I was disappointed to find that the Alde 3020 HE in the 320s does not have Alde Flow. I contacted T@B and they said there was not enough room and they would not do a custom job. I contacted Alde to see how far away the ":Flow" could be from the main unit. After contacting Sweden directly for an answer, the Alde rep said "one meter max". Based on that feedback, it would seem that it should be no problem adding this under the sink in the CS-S as it is adjacent to the 3020 HE. Posted here in case others are curious.

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2020
    I looked Into the same Mod, fo our TaB400, while the Flo can be up to 3-feet from the boiler (based on info from a EU Alde site, which listed 1-meter), the issue I think, is routing the glycol heating lines which go from the Alde main boiler to the Flo then to the heating registers, which on the 400 is in line with each other.  So this would need to be extended in addition to switching cold water to Flo then out to main boiler, with an additional relief valve installed on this line from the Flo.  You are looking at $600-800 in parts, plus labor if you are not good a plumbing in tight spaces.  Electrical connections and changes to setup menu also need to be addressed.

Here is the plumbing connection diagram for the Alde and Flo (from Alde EU):

The non return valve connection on the far right goes to the heater registers, which comes off the main Alde boiler from the a Circulation pump when you do not have the Flo, so this connection would need to be moved to the Flo pump connection point.
    Not saying this can not be done, but will not be as straightforward on a 320, as it is on the 400.
    Cheers 

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • ArayAray Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for all of that input, @Denny16. An involved project, for sure. I would not attempt it, but would contract it out. Not concerned about the money if I can get what I want though. Best!
  • TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    I installed a Flo box. Our 400 came without one.
    If you look around online you can findafind install manual. I recommend believing what you read in it and not what you hear from a salesperson or anyone else. There are good instructions and diagrams in it. The diagram in the above post is useful but doesn't actually match the other diagrams or instructions in the manual. The one meter advice sounds like a best guess.  If you were to go over it, you would have to extend some of the stock wiring.  The water and glycol runs are metric, but the tubing is available a few places.

Not a terrible project on our 400. I too like taking an uncompressed and uncompromised shower. It is well worth the effort.

I got all the parts right from Sugar Creek.  The dealers around here would not do this project and they were asking triple the price on the parts.

Just be bold. It can be done.

Reach out if youhyou questions or need a cheerleader.
    2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I guess if you use the Flo somewhere with a full hook up you would be fine.  Otherwise a 320 owner will quickly fill the gray tank.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2020
    Good point, we managed to fill our gray  tank with two showers and washing a few dishes, when hooked up to shore water.  The gray tanks are not very large.
    Whithout hookups, your fresh water availability limits your water use, so the gray tank is about the right size.
    cheers
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    18 gallons seems so huge to me!! Lol

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Yes, 18 gallons seemed like a lot to me also, I was surprised at how fast it filled up in just two days.  :open_mouth:
    cheers
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Excellent Thread.
    @Denny16 (first post of thread) nailed it.
    Am sure it could be done but real question is would the effort be worth the return . . . which is more of a concern when the good point of limited T@B 320 Gray Water tankage is considered.

However, really do like the simple concept of the Alde Flow Box.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+