Options

Rusty water stain on exterior - how to remove?

JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
The water hookup where we last camped left a water stain running from hose
hookup down to the trim. I tried straight white vinegar and that didn't work so I tried some lighter fluid and neither worked to remove this rust stain. Suggestions? My next option is Goo Gone but I'm afraid that might actually eat the finish.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @JP2558, I would give some cleaner wax (like Meguiars) a try.  I use Meguiars to wax my T@B (body and trim) and it works great.

(I don't believe Goo Gone will be a problem with the finish, but I doubt it would remove a rust stain since that is not what it is designed for . . . . . . . . BUT, like any other chemical/substance, test it out first on an inconspicuous area, just to be safe.)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Same experience. Awesome will remove stain on trim and side. I think I used glass top stove cleaner or liquid barkeepers friend on keder rail. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    @Bayliss - Thanks for the Meguiars tip - that did the job!

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Peanut butter works on removing sap and tar from the TaB side.  You outfit on, let it dry and rub off.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.