Options

Storing T@b trailer - leveling jacks up or down??

Hello!
we are happy owners of a 2021 T@B cs-s 320 boondock clamshell. I've never had a trailer before so please forgive ignorance...
should we store it for the winter with the leveling jacks UP or DOWN?  Cannot find this info anywhere in the owners manual. 

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    If storing, you can do have the jacks up or down, no hard and fast rule here.  I leave them down, as I access the trailer occasionally during the winter to check on it, a d ventilate as required.  During storms, having the Jack’s down helps stabilize the trailer in high winds.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    edited December 2020
    When I parked ours after our Halloween trip I put them down so they were barely touching.  That way I could go in and out.  I noticed the other day that they were down solidly.  I think the tires either lost a little bit of air or settled in with flat spots.  I went and cranked all 4 up so they were barely touching again.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I have noticed the tyres will deflate a little whilst sitting for any length of time.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @crescentmooncamper, we store ours with the stabilizers down. Those of us near crime areas (5 miles south of Detroit, MI), use the deployed stabilizers as just another security measure. It is only one of several layers, but will delay anyone trying to drive away with the trailer for a few more minutes, making it a less desirable target. We also check the trailer weekly as it is conveniently parked in our back yard. Makes it more stable while we check the inside.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    IMHO  It really makes no difference. Remember they are not leveling jacks. They should only be used for stability not lifting.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,433
    @Tampakayaker's comment suggested the only possible issue with leaving the stabilizers down long term. If the ground under your parking spot is unstable because it is soft or prone to frost heaving, you might end up with extra force on some or all of the stabilizers over time. Even then, I doubt it would do any damage as you would be unlikely to exceed the capacity of the stabilizers or the trailer frame.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Our stabilizers are down for reasons stated by @Tampakayaker and @dragonsdofly.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    incidentalmusicincidentalmusic Member Posts: 16
    Ours stay down, but more importantly, how did you make or where did you purchase that sweet door decal!? I know its vinyl, just thought it looked really cool. Good job!
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    Guess I’m in the minority, jacks are usually up when stored. I have a trailer mover installed, and the trailer gets remote controlled out of the way at times because it’s parked in front of a door that I need to bring large things through. Having to raise and lower the stabilizers just adds hassle to that chore with little actual benefit.

But, extremely safe neighborhood, in a wind sheltered area, and on top of that it’s under a carport that’s below grade from the prevailing wind direction. No real reason for me to have them down unless I’m working in there and want the added stability underfoot. 95% of the time, I don’t bother.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW