For those who have been asking about UCamp21 and who don't use Facebook

Comments

• TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Only problem, is registration on Friday the 12th or Monday the 15th?
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    I took that to mean nearly noon on Monday 15th.  The real problem is that registration will be full at 1130:15!
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Monday, February 15th
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    I took that to mean nearly noon on Monday 15th.  The real problem is that registration will be full at 1130:15!
    2/15 Federal Holiday, Presidents Day!  Everyone will be off from work!
    Tampa FL
    @Tampakayaker, obviously, nüCamp is open. (They are closed for other holidays such as Good Friday (I think), Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years—there’s only so many holidays a full production line can observe.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 21
    This is purely a curiosity question...not sure there is a way to know the answer (unless you are uCamp or evenbrite).  I looked at the registration page and they mentioned carryover registrations from last year.  Anyone know how many sites are available and how many are/were available after filling some with folks from last year?

It's always tough to get a reservation due to the popularity of this event and I just wondered what the reduced availability of sites might be this year.
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    edited February 2021
    @HellFish..no answers have been provided..but with them also having the spots at Timbercrest that will help..plus there's boondocking available across from the park. 
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2021
    I looked at the above video, all the posts, and the uCamp info on the NuCamp home page.  I see no mention of Timbercrest...anyone know how "them also having the spots at Timbercrest " (as ontheroad mentioned) relates to uCamp21?

I looked at an aerial photo of Timbercrest.  From what I saw, I wouldn't "camp" there.  Looked like a "big rig pull-through parking lot" to me.  I think I'm missing some information.  Can someone point me towards it please?

Maybe this info is on Facebook? 
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @HellFish, nüCamp has in the past used other nearby RV campgrounds for additional attendance at üCamp get togethers. If you paid the fee, you got to attend all events on the itinerary, got a welcome kit and anything else provided to all official campers, but I can't speak to plans this year.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Timbercrest is fairly basic, but I love the laid back nature of it. You get FHU sites, and they have a very good bakery, clean bathrooms, and a anice small laundry facility on site. It is located about 15 minutes from Winklepleck and closer to Walnut Creek and Berlin. 

A few of us used the week of the canceled üCamp event to camp there last year.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @hellfish...there are 3 ways to attend uCamp...stay on site with electric...stay onsite and Boondock...or stay off site and buy the welcome pack...as @dragonsdofly mentioned above NuCamp has mentioned other campgrounds in the past that you can stay at... Timbercrest is the one that was used by many two years ago...hope this helps...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
    @HellFish, if you choose to stay in the RV parks as close by as Timbercrest or maybe the KOA near Cochocktan (sp?) that is 30 minutes away on roads with lots of Amish buggies, or even a state park that is farther away, you are welcomed with open arms (maybe not physically touching this year!) at üCamp. Be sure to introduce yourself with your userid, too, so we know your real name and your forum userid. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,272
    Sort of off-topic, but I tried to join the Facebook nuCamp group. Membership has been pending waiting for approval for a few days. Is this normal?
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

@AnOldUR the spelling was important and now it’s been changed. Make sure you are at “uCamp” without the two dots over the “u”.  They just changed the name today, so your request may be lost in never-never land. 

Okay. Who is going to remind me what the name of the two dots is?😂😂😂😂
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Verna, it is a Umlaut:)
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,272
    Verna said:
    ..... so your request may be lost in never-never land.
    Nope. Just me being impatient. FB Group membership came through this morning. Lots of interesting stuff!

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

Verna said:
    @Tampakayaker, obviously, nüCamp is open. (They are closed for other holidays such as Good Friday (I think), Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years—there’s only so many holidays a full production line can observe.)
    I meant everyone will be home so they can try to get a reservation
    Tampa FL
  • xdrxdr Member Posts: 259
    We were able to sign up on Monday afternoon and have a boondock site reserved. I assumed this would be offsite. Is the boondocking camping at the Winklepleck Grove campground as well?
    We are sure excited to be a part of the festivities! 
    mer
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • monamona Member Posts: 240
    The boondock area is directly across the road from Winklepleck.

jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk.