Options

Delayed Delivery on 400s?

Anybody awaiting delivery of a 400 hear of any delays? I spoke with my dealer maybe two weeks ago and he was lamenting that Nucamp was due to send him some trailers (some T@Gs and Cirrus 620) and they were late. He wasn’t able to give me an exact date for ours but said late March to early April. Anybody seeing delays or vague delivery dates?
2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 

Comments

• Options
    kmulhkmulh Member Posts: 36
    Yes!  My 400 is delayed due to a lack of door hinges (I think the bathroom door) and blinds for the front window.  At least that's what I was told today.
    2021 T@B 400 BD
    2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Columbus, OH
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,191
    I’ve noticed that the nationwide listings for 400s haven’t moved for a couple of weeks (yeah, I’m that obsessed) so I’m wondering if there’s a huge backlog due to parts availability (which seems to be the norm due to Covid). 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    We got our 400 about 2 weeks late one week ago. Not too bad for delays..
  • Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    Ours came in a week ago as well, which was about two weeks late. 

We left ours at the dealer so they could fix some factory mistakes (we caught not the dealer) though and will be going back soon to actually pick it up. 
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    edited March 2021
    Delivery of our 320 BD ordered back in August and originally scheduled for early March arrival was delayed for a week or so due to parts shortages. There were a few parts involved but the only one I recall was the porthole window. The rescheduled delivery date (for arrival at the dealer) was yesterday, but I don't yet know if that actually happened. I do know that our BD will arrive without a rack and with a different toilet installed, again due to supply chain issues.
    Problems with part shortages are affecting many industries not just the RV manufacturers. Things will work themselves out over time but there's no recourse at present, and we'll just have to learn to live with the delays.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 590
    I have a new platform and tub on order with my dealer in Portland, to be shipped with next trailer delivery. He called me Friday to say it's been delayed another couple weeks as nuCamp waits for parts for trailers due to be shipped.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Just a quick update for anybody that might be waiting on their 400. Just called my dealer and I guess ours was done and off the line on the 7th but they're waiting on cushions (something about windmills going down in Texas affecting their supplier). I guess ours will be on with a shipment of Cirrus 820s...hopefully soon.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    NorCalMikeNorCalMike Member Posts: 52
    I have a 400 DB which was supposed to be built week of June 7 and they already pushed out one week.  I won't be surprized if further push outs occur.  Makes camping reservations a crap shoot...
  • Options
    USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 66
    We have just received an update from our dealer on our 400BD, NuCamp is estimating the 3rd week of May to ship, a one week slip from original date.
    2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
  • Options
    scottincarmelscottincarmel Member Posts: 29
    Supply chain woes have impacted nearly everything, even cars and trucks. The winter storm in Texas shut down the chemical factories that make foam for seats, mattresses, insulation, etc. Anything imported via containers is delayed by weeks if not months. Take a look at this WSJ video about the delays at the Port of Los Angeles: https://www.wsj.com/video/cargo-ship-logjam-in-los-angeles-highlights-pandemic-supply-chain-issues/6263BB27-B208-46C9-B41F-B5C4C9A1243A.html
    2021 T@B 320S-BD
    2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    Carmel, IN
  • Options
    USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 66
    Supply chain woes have impacted nearly everything, even cars and trucks. The winter storm in Texas shut down the chemical factories that make foam for seats, mattresses, insulation, etc. Anything imported via containers is delayed by weeks if not months. Take a look at this WSJ video about the delays at the Port of Los Angeles: https://www.wsj.com/video/cargo-ship-logjam-in-los-angeles-highlights-pandemic-supply-chain-issues/6263BB27-B208-46C9-B41F-B5C4C9A1243A.html

After looking at the video, I was surprised that I didn't get worse news on the delivery date.
    2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    There are more ships at the anchorage outside of the Port of Oakland than I've ever seen before. Normally there would be 1-3 oil tankers. Now there are a bunch of container ships, too. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Finally got the call today. It’s ready to be picked up next week!
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    PcmanPcman Member Posts: 4
    Hope to get some answers on my Tab 400 boondock I place a order in April with down payment was told it be delivered in mid part of June no show. now it August  what's up NUCamp.
  • Options
    JohninMissouriJohninMissouri Member Posts: 28
      We ordered our Tab400 in mid-February for May delivery.   Later, dealer told us due to parts shortages the delivery was expected late June.  Called dealer last week (end of July) and was told the he walked inside our 400 at the Ohio factory where is is parked in storage.  Waiting for an air conditioner "kit".   Air conditioner unit is installed, but still waiting for other hose, brackets, etc.   It is not known when the parts will come.
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    May not be much consolation but let's remember. Back in 2019 we were in a bit of a trade war. Like it or not, China and parts east play a critical role in the supply chain. Should we take steps to fix that...well, that's a topic for an entirely different fourm.

Fact is, for the past decade or more manufacturing was all about JIT inventory and staying as lean as possible. The past 18 months have blasted a huge whole in that concept. If manufacturing businesses subscribed to the "Lean and Mean" JIT inventory thinking, they were caught short. Not saying that's what happened to nuCamp...I have no insight into how they manage their business. 

But the fact remains..."trickle-down" is alive and well in the supplier/procurement/vendor management world. 

I have no doubt nuCamp is jumping thru every hoop possible to get as many units our the door to dealers ASAP...after all, they have nothing to gain by NOT doing so. They are in business of selling units...not storing them. 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    PcmanPcman Member Posts: 4
    Well I got the call it is ready to be pick up awesome was not disappointed 
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Congrats! Enjoy!
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Jkjenn did an interview with PJ of Princess Craft fame.  PJ  revealed the issues with supplies - including a urethane shortage that has impacted our foam cushion supplies.  Starts at 6:29.

https://youtu.be/0tE-5OIjwO8
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
      Our Tab just came Monday the 9th August.    Looks good, except the factory did not install the agreed upon Maxx Air fan.   Also, seem the dining are cushions are a little thin.   So, ordered mid-February, delivered to dealer early August.
  • Options
    CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2021
    Ours just showed up as well on Aug 11... also ordered in February. Looking forward to picking it up in the next few days. Then I can start installing all the stuff I learned about in this forum that I've already procured (fan upgrade, aeroflo, soft-start, Victron, etc...) and checking for the issues widely reported in the 2021 400s (dining table bracket, brake wires, keder sharp edges,  front tub gouging the trim)... anything else I need to look out for?

We are super excited to get out there and join all the rest of you! Really happy it's finally here!

Cheers,
    C
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • Options
    Interior fit and finish is what we had the most issues with (granted the frayed brake wire was #1). 

Cabinets that were misaligned and the biggest issue that I’ve yet to deal with is the entire upper cabinets weren’t installed parallel to the lower cabinets. The result is a 5/8” or so difference in their sitenced from each other from left to right. I’ll need to remove all of the screws holding the uppers in place and hopefully push the right side up slightly to minimize how bad it looks. 

Another issue is the white interior cabinet pieces are splitting (the cubbies above the dinette). This wasn’t readily apparent until I really checked them out a month after picking it up. I’ll probably need to replace those pieces at some point as well. 

I have a laundry list of other issues I’ve had to correct as well. Definitely an eye opening experience with this thing so far.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
       ...and I just figured out that the "official"  Tire Loading Information, yellow sticker on the trailer is wrong.
        It has the Tab's vin number and the wrong tire size listed.   And therefore the wrong max tire pressure listed.   Listed pressure is 50 psi and when I got it at the dealer the tires had 65 psi. .......so I reduced the pressure to 50 and drove 114 miles home.   65 was correct.  99 degree day on the Interstate, I hope I did not hurt the sidewall.
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited August 2021
    They are fine, the 65 PSI is what is recommended for the Maximum Load of the tire. I am pretty sure that you were no where near that, the GVWR of our 2020 400 BDL is 3700 pounds.

Look at the label on the tongue of the camper and look at that sidewall of the tire. In our case they are both 50 PSI. I would think that at 65 PSI you would wear the center of the tires out. On ours, 205 or 235/75R/15 are still set to 50 PSI for maximum weight rating as per the label. 

Brad

P.S. Another thing that I like to do is to always stop after about 50 miles and just do a quick touch of all the tires (including TV), as something that is low on pressure will be warmer. I also touch the hubs on all wheels.
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
      Dutch061, I think you are correct, that no real damage was done in114 miles of 60 MPH interstate during 99 degree day.  Did make 2 rest stops for a bit, feeling hot tires (did not seem too hot).   Yup, that new Tab was pretty empty too, so low weight.
       Just seems they should get the label correct on a new Tab.  Especially since it sat on the lot for months waiting parts.  AND they did not get the MaxxAir fan installed, although they billed for it.