2021 Washington State East Meets West, Lincoln Rock (Spoiler...No official gathering due to Covid19)

HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
edited August 2020 in Events & News
Greetings everyone! Due to the unfortunate issues with Covid-19 I have decided to err on the side of caution and we will not hold a planned, sanctioned event in May 2021. First and most importantly we don't want anyone to be exposed and get sick or worse because we held an event. I/we also are mindful of any liability issues if the worst did happen, and none of us want anyone sick in the first place. 

So, that said, if we were holding it in 2021, which we officially aren't, it would be the weekend of May 20-23, 2021. As always, people are free to make reservations to camp when and where they choose. Washington State Parks reservations open up nine months in advance, first come first served. Lincoln Rock State Park tends to fill quickly. Loop A is closest to the water and are really nice tent sites with lots of shade, nice bathrooms and showers and a few shared water spigots. Loop B is up on the bluff, and many have all three hook ups, a real treat! Many sites have great views although if a strong storm blows through they get hit first and pretty hard. (Ask @2Cougs!) Loop C has a large grassy area in the center, and is nicely laid out. All sites there have water and power. Any other sites are in an arid area by the cabins and not close to the rest. 

Lincoln Rock State Park is not quite a central meeting place in the State, but it's just about 10 miles north of Wenatchee. You can take a day trip to Cashmere to visit the Applet and Cotlet factory, and Leavenworth. East Wenatchee has all the amenities you'd need, including a Costco.

I wish things in this world were different, but right now they’re not. Many happy memories from our first three gatherings will have to do until things change. In the meantime, keep Tabbing and stay safe!
2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Bump... :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    edited August 2020
    Note on the winds in loop B, if you happen to snag a north/south facing site, put your tail in the wind and your stabilizers down and you won’t even feel the 50-70 mph gusts. 😁

(All visors should be taken down when the storm hits, Walker and Isabella awnings did fine, as did Clam shelters and @Homebodyatheart’s fabulous red tarp awning! Some tents, not so much.)
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    edited August 2020
    @VictoriaP - We were in loop B, site 47 in 2018 and almost blew off the cliff even with stabilizers down!  We went from a beautiful, calm, 90 degree evening having dinner to 15 minutes later 5 inches of standing water in our site and couldn't get the visor down without three of us wrestling it down in those winds you are talking about.  LOVE this event... but certainly take the weather seriously and be proactive if you even think there is going to be a weather event.

We are reserving a spot.  We are optimistic that we can physically distance and be safe... and hope the campgrounds don't get shut down again.

Mr. @Cougs will be glad to make mementos for this "non-event / lots of T@bs just happening to be in the area" if people want.  He had even started making mementos for the "virtual 2020 East Meets West" for people who wanted to stay home and just raise a glass and wish we were together!  :lol:   Will touch bases in the spring when we have a better idea if we can gather camp.  ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2020
    we have a saying in the pacific north west, if you do not like the current weather, just wait — it will change!  B)
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 484
    You can make reservations now, provided your arrival date is 9 months away - today is the 15th August, and we made reservations for 15th May through 25th May (Site 52).  You can cancel out the earlier dates later for a small penalty.  Otherwise set your alarm for 7:00am on the 20th August to snag the best sites.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
    yay @rh5555.... look forward to meeting you!

We just reserved site 86 :clap: ... same as 2019... same as we were supposed to have in 2020 :bawling:

Coincidentally I'm in site 84, same time! You know...retirement is so close, yet SO far away! :rofl:
    Booked for 56, from the 15th, will shorten a bit later this week for planned arrival on the 19th. 😁
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    @VictoriaP I may or may not shorten. Depends on life by May...  :)
    @VictoriaP I may or may not shorten. Depends on life by May...  :)
    Sigh. I could sure use 9 days out of this house right now. Though I’d pick the coast rather than Wenatchee. 😁
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    Just booked mine. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
    @Kr@cken what site are you in for which days? It will be nice to meet you, too! 
  • Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    I am in spot 81 from the 16th - 23rd. Not sure how close I am to what is going but just thankful I to a spot. Should we move? Is this spot ok?
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
    Kr@cken said:
    I am in spot 81 from the 16th - 23rd. Not sure how close I am to what is going but just thankful I to a spot. Should we move? Is this spot ok?
    You’re in section C, and there will likely be more Tabbers there than in either of the other two sections. Should be fine!
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • kmweisekmweise Member Posts: 7
    Just booked site 82.  Looking forward to meeting all of you!  

Otherwise known as - No Nokn
    2021 T@B CSS Boondock Grey/Black (Prior Model 2005 320CSS)
    TV: Toyota Highlander
    Pacific Northwest

kmweise said:
    Just booked site 82.  Looking forward to meeting all of you!  

Welcome! We’re happy to have you! When you get a chance, you may want to edit your signature line via your profile to let us know your Tab model and year. Just makes it easier for everyone when you get involved in discussions around here—which we hope you’ll do. 😊
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • paddyopaddyo Member Posts: 5
    I've just booked site 16, loop A, for May 20-24.
    Patrick & Jackie Callahan
    2018 T@B 320 CS-S
    Almost Lincoln Rock time!!!  :)
    Looking forward to it @Homebodyatheart!!!!

Anytime more than one Tab/Tag/Tada are present anywhere it is always a fun time! Camping season here we all come!  =)
  • KristinaBlueKristinaBlue Member Posts: 5
    Hi! We managed to snag a spot in the A loop. I think its #6 but oddly the reservation email doesn't specify. It will be our first time camping in the T@b.. oh well at least if anything goes wrong we'll have lots of experienced T@b owners laughin...I mean...there to help. LOL
    Kristina & Michael
    2005 T@b Dutchman Black&Silver
    TV-Ford Excursion Diesel
    Snohomish WA
    @KristinaBlue- Yay!  Look forward to meeting you!  This is a great group... only laughing happens when they water the grass and @ericnliz is running around with pots and pans trying to cover the sprinkler heads!!!!rofl

@KristinaBlue A loop is really nice, on the river and lots of trees. We usually tend to laugh at ourselves, not other Tabbers and anyhow my biggest goofs are some of my best campfire stories! As for the built in “water feature” in @ericnliz screen tent that @2Cougs mentioned... well I didn’t know he could move that fast!  ;) As you enter the park there is a watering schedule posted and you will want to know when the sprinklers by your site are set to run... or you can become another great campfire story.  It’s all part of the fun!  =)
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    As new 320 owners we're looking forward to our first (unofficial) gathering. Having the vaccine will make it a lot less stressful for people I hope.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
    Agree agree!  Can’t wait to see you... we are all counting the days!

• db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    We won't be camping there that weekend, but don't be surprised if DB Cooper and wife show up on the bicycles to say Hi.  If we are at our place hideout in Leavenworth we may bicycle up from Wenatchee on the Apple Capital trail.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• LivingInThePNWLivingInThePNW Member Posts: 1
    Yay! Really looking forward to this non-event. We will be in #78. 
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock
    2019 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
    Liz & Sabra (with our dog, Brandy)
    Seattle, WA
    @db_cooper - Please do drop by... would love to see you again!!!!

Interested people need to start checking for available spots if you don't have one.  I know right now there is an available spot #36 in B loop  ;)

Two weeks!!!  Can't wait!!!  Hoping we still have the fun group who said they had spots:
    @Homebodyatheart, @VictoriaP, @Kr@cken, @kmweise, @paddyo, @KristinaBlue, @MarkAl, @LivingInThePNW, and a possible visit by the dubious @db_cooper.  Not bad for a non-event :)