Options

Water where there shouldn’t be...

Help… Tonight is our first night using “city water” in our new 2021 320. Up until now we have only used water from the tank. After a few minutes tonight I noticed several areas where water was rapidly dripping on the ground. The water hookup is:  filter then pressure valve then hose to camper. I cannot tell where this water is coming from but the dripping is along the front edge and behind the door step. The inside is dry.  It stops immediately after I shut off the water.  It works fine from the tank in “dry mode”. My guess is that there is a line that is not connected correctly and that the water is finding its way along the front of the camper from
perhaps a single leak. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I would check the pressure regulator first the $10 versions have been known to malfunction even when new. There is a yellow pressure release valve that may need reseated by opening and closing it. On the 320 it is under the driver side rear seat cushion. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    @Bclarke is that a wire foxie in the 1st picture?
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,426
    @Bclarke, are you sure everything is dry inside, including the nether regions behind the toilet wall? 

The new T@Bs are configured a bit differently because of the Nautilus system. Still, it doesn't seem like there's much plumbing that runs outside of the enclosed space.

If it's not an overpressure situation (as Dalehelman suggested, and I agree you should rule out first), then it has to be in some line or fitting that gets pressurized on city water but not when using the pump. That limits the possible culprits considerably, but again, with the Nautilus, I can't offer any more specific suggestions. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    You could check the city water connections on the back of the Nautilus panel also, another 2021 TaB owner reported having a loose connection here.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    BclarkeBclarke Member Posts: 110
    @Dalehelman @Denny16 @ScottG I made it home last night and really began further exploring today.  The relief valve was not open.  I opened it and water did come through the ground in the back as it is supposed to.  There is no water under the benches.  I don’t know how to get behind the toilet without popping off the plastic tabs.. do they cover screws?   The pressure valve I have on the hose is new and brass. I will try a new one.  But I would think if it was too high of pressure the internal valve would have opened..?  Sigh… I hate to go back to the dealer but fear I must. 
  • Options
    @Pintoplumber great catch!   Actually that is Kodiak.  He is a Bichon / Schnauzer mix.    He will be 16 next month!  He loves the outdoors and hiking (mostly being carried) and sleeping in the shade.  
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 268
    Denny16 said:
    You could check the city water connections on the back of the Nautilus panel also, another 2021 TaB owner reported having a loose connection here.
    cheers
    Agreed. I have a loose/bad connector on the back of my Nautilus panel at the black water flush inlet.Tried tightening it by hand to no avail. I’m guessing it is either cracked or needs Teflon tape. My trailer is brand new so I’m having the dealer fix it. I discovered the leak when I noticed water dripping from the edges of the trailer as I was flushing the black tank.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    How do I get behind it.. from the inside under the bench?
  • Options
    Don’t know about the 320. With the 400 you take out the plywood panel at the head of the bed to expose the back side of the panel and a lot of plumbing and Alde equipment. It’s real tight in there.
  • Options
    To expose the back side of the Nautilus panel, that is.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @Bclarke - under the driver side bench you can view the Nautilus backside.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Well… I give up.   Time to call in the dealer!   After pulling the benches and examine the plumbing I don’t see anywhere there may be a loose connection etc. The only thing left to do is to recreate the problem but I don’t want to run water and induce more leaks.  We shall see!   Thanks everyone for your ideas an help.  
  • Options
    jimrjjimrj Member Posts: 57
    Please let us know how your problem was solved. 
    Jim and Robin / 2021 320S / 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk / Oregon
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    @Bclarke, in Sharon’s picture there are 8 gray colored nuts that have a cone shaped rubber washer inside. I would try snugging them by hand or gently with a pliers. I’d be willing to bet one of those is a little loose and leaking.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    Thanks @Pintoplumber..  they appear to be tight.  I will hook up the water again and watch carefully.  Stay tuned!