Options

Problems using drill adapter on 2021 stabilizers

I’m having problems raising the stabilizers on my 2021 320S Boondock using an electric drill with a 3/4” adapter. Even at a slow speed it doesn’t seem to make sufficient contact to loosen it. I’ve been using a 19mm socket on a socket wrench to loosen the stabilizers and can then use the drill to finish.
Lowering is not a problem.
Am I doing something wrong?
Any suggestions?
2021 320 S Boondock
Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
Des Moines, IOWA!

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Not sure this will help, but I've been extremely happy with this "DaleH Mod" for the past several years.  Simply cut off the handle from the wrench and insert the end into a 1/2" drill.

Here is what the working end looks like:

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    andyboyandyboy Member Posts: 120
    I’ve read a out those t-slot adapters. Here’s a dumb question: will they work on regular lug nut-type things?
    Is that’s what’s on top of that big crank I recently found under the seat? We got no instructions from our dealer and no manual was included. I started using the socket just by guessing—-not because I’m so handy, just desperate! Then I read about drill adapters here.
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @andyboy and @tabaz, nüCamp changed to a 3/4” bolt for the stabilizers a couple of years ago. I use a long 3/4” socket (I’ll get the link in a moment).

@andyboy, try the 3/4” socket and see if it will grab the bolt head better. NüCamp is all standard, the only metric would be inside some of the appliances. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @Verna Thanks!!!! Anxious to give it a try! Looks like it should be my problem
    solver. My neighbors will thank you too so they won’t have to herd their kids inside when I talk not so sweetly to the stabilizers.:)!
    Appreciate your help as always
    it will arrive Friday.
    Have a safe holiday.
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I’m starting to feel old with my 2016 TAB. People with more current models will post a problem, and I’ll try to provide a possible solution based on my experience - only to be told it’s no longer applicable. Perhaps the forum should be stratified by category: Geezer (pre-2016), Soon to be Geezer (2017-2018), and Geezer in Waiting (2019 and on). This way I’ll know when not to jump in.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    I appreciate your input. I’m pretty new here. Any of your wisdom is welcome. It’s amazing how much things have changed in just a few years. I’m glad I just joined the family. So glad I missed the black tank days! Geezer in waiting? I like it! Makes me not feel so old, because a geezer I am!

While your sage advice may not be pertinent to my situation, it is to other Geezers.
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    @Tabaz , if you’re a “geezer”, what does that make me??😂😂😂😂
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @Verna
    You just got a new T@B that makes you young again.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    As forum administrators, @Verna and @Michigan_Mike are required to get a new model every few years, just so that their knowledge base (ala @Tabaz) doesn't become outdated.

Requirements for humble moderators are less stringent, but I do have to pass a rigorous annual examination demonstrating my command of @Sharon_is_SAM's extensive accounting of T@B model year changes
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    ScottG said:
    As forum administrators, @Verna and @Michigan_Mike are required to get a new model every few years, just so that their knowledge base (ala @Tabaz) doesn't become outdated.

Requirements for humble moderators are less stringent, but I do have to pass a rigorous annual examination demonstrating my command of @Sharon_is_SAM's extensive accounting of T@B model year changes
    😳😬😷

I guess I’m a geezer in waiting.  Kinda like having a place in Florida, “God’s waiting room.” ☠️

🤣😂🤣👍🏻
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    "nüCamp changed to a 3/4” bolt for the stabilizers a couple of years ago. I use a long 3/4” socket (I’ll get the link in a moment)."
    Wow, what happened to our 2020 320s...it takes the  t-sloted type....
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    Well, @trimtab, maybe 2021 was the first year for the 3/4” bolts, or maybe it was a mid-year change for nüCamp. The t-slot was always thought to possibly be a deterrent for theft as the t-slot was not as readily available as a 3/4” socket. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    OK Verna, thanks for that.
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    trimtab said:
    "nüCamp changed to a 3/4” bolt for the stabilizers a couple of years ago. I use a long 3/4” socket (I’ll get the link in a moment)."
    Wow, what happened to our 2020 320s...it takes the  t-sloted type....
    If you use a T slot then you ha e the older style. I believe the regular 3/4" socket it new one ll 2021 models.

I have been using a shorter bit without any difficulties. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014