Options

Name that part? What are these fittings?

I bought my trailer (2018 320S Boondock) second-hand from the original owners last fall.  They included a lot of extras that I am sorting through, including these parts that appear to be plumbing related.  Can someone identify them and explain their use for the T@B?  Thanks so much!!

Photo #1 -- appears to be a pressure reducer?  How is this used (e.g., what is to be connected at each end, when is this used)?

Photo #2 -- Appears to be a simple right-angle connector for water.  When would this be used?

Photo #3 -- This one is stumping me completely??????  What is it and what is it used for?

Photo #4 -- What would this be used for?

Photo #5 -- I don't even have a guess about these things.

2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    1.It appears to have “water regulator” printed on it….water pressure regulator?
    2. A 90* fitting so your water hose isn’t pinched coming out of your connection on your T@B. 
    3. You use this with an air compressor to winterize to blow out all water in the water pipes in the T@B. 
    4. Looks like an extension to give you the higher pressure propane hose like what is on the 2021 T@B’s.
    5. Black & yellow—connect a water hose to it and it is used to flush your sewer hose. Red & clear—adapter for sewer hose at dump station. All black—cover for the end of your gray:black sewer outlet. 

Questions?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited June 2021
    @PNWtabber

1. You are right, is a pressure reducer for water. Place it at the spigot before your water lines.
    2, Angle adapter goes in the water supply connection to your T@B. It reduces pressure/kinks in the hose.
    3. Goes in the water supply line to blow out with air when winterizing.
    4. Is the same as #3, only better because you can turn the air flow on and off when blowing out to winterize.
    5. The clear elbow goes on the sewage drain hose to see when it is done emptying tanks. Solid black cap is when you are only dumping gray water, attaches to a garden hose. I believe the black and yellow one is the same, don't have one of those myself.

Hope this helps...

Edit:

@Verna and @Bayliss identified the black and yellow fitting in photo 5 correctly. As I mentioned, I don't have one of these and wasn't sure if it was for back flushing. Didn't want to be THAT far off in the guessing game and cause you any real problems. Thanks for letting me play.  :)

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,331
    edited June 2021
    @PNWtabber:

#1 - Water pressure reducer - - attach it between the campground/municipal water supply source and your hose before using water from those sources.  The one depicted reduces the water supply pressure to between 40-50 PSI, which is exactly where you want it.  NEVER connect your home or campsite water (which is under pressure) to your water supply inlet without the reducer.  Otherwise, you are likely to create a leak somewhere in the plumbing.

#2 - 90-degree water inlet connection elbow.  Connect the male end to your water inlet connection at the driver's side front of the trailer.  Then, connect the orange (female) end to the male end of your freshwater hose with the orange connection pointing down toward the ground.  It helps relieve stress from your hose on the water inlet connection.

#3 - That is used for blowing out your water lines when winterizing the trailer.  You screw it in to the freshwater inlet and then connect the other end (threaded Schrader valve) to an air compressor (connects just like an air compressor would connect to fill the air on your vehicle tires.

#4 - Similar to #3, but it has a separate on/off quick-connect valve that attaches to your compressor hose, along with the yellow-handle shut-off valve.  With this set-up, #3 is already attached.

#5 - Lower right in the photo is the 90-degree elbow that connects between your sewer dump hose and the campground sewer drain connection.  The connector in the photo appears to be for the Camco Rhino RV Sewer hose.  The straight clear tube attached to the threaded orange connector is designed to be inserted down inside the campground sewer dump drain.  The clear 90-degree end attaches to the campground drain end of your sewer hose (rotate the bayonet connector onto the sewer hose to lock it in place with the small tabs that mate up with the hose.)  You will similarly connect the other end of the sewer hose to your trailer's holding tank drain, BUT make sure the holding tanks gate valves are completely closed before opening the drain tube cap.  Top right is a modified cap for your black/gray water drain tube.  It includes a hose-sized connection so you can easily drain gray water from the gray water tank to a portable gray water dump tank (often referred to as a "blue-boy."  Lower left is a similar cap for the holding tank drain tube, but it has an on-off valve (yellow) that allows you to connect a water hose to assist in flushing out the holding tank(s) . . . . . , but DON'T use a drinking water hose for this purpose, or at any time while cleaning out your sewer hose.  You would probably just use this to back-flush the black water holding tank.  You can also flush out your tanks from inside the trailer by filling the empty tanks with water from the toilet (for the black water tank) or the kitchen sink (for the gray water tank) and then draining the holding tanks.  Do this a couple times or so and your tanks should be pretty well rinsed.  There are other tank-rinsing methods that are available, such as a "wand" that connects to a hose, which you stick down inside the black water holding tank to spray gunk off the tank's inner walls and to generally flush out the tank.

You can use the "Search" box at the top-right of the forum pages to find more on these connections and how to use them, or search the applicable category folders on the left side of the forum pages for sanitizing, winterizing, etc.  Those topics are too much to answer here.  They have been discussed repeatedly on this forum.  Also, Google and YouTube are your friend, so search there for more on these topics, or for videos on various subjects.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Actually, no 3 is a Schrader type air valve ( same as on a tire) to blow,out the lines with the same air fitting used to fill tires. No 4 is a different version of no 3, to blow out the water lines using a standard compressor hose fitting.  Both are used separately, not together, and the large brass threaded part on both  connects to the city water inlet.

To blow out the water lines, after draining your tanks, you need to open the low point drains on the trailer, so the water has a place to drain out of.  This, as previously pointed out is part of the Winterizing procedure at the end of the season.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 492
    Thanks for all of the information.  I have a couple of basic questions:
    1. Photo #5 -- that clear thing for draining to a campsite sewer (I had no idea) that is not necessary when using a dump station?
    2. Gate valves -- do they pull straight out or is there a twist involved?  I don't want to mess this up!  (first trailer) (I searched the forum for "gate valves" but did not find the answer on the first 11 pages of matches)

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,588
    @PNWtabber - the clear elbow can be used at the dump station.  Some owners like to have a clear view that their tank drippings are clean.  The gate valves pull straight out.  When you attach the hose, sometimes there is some antifreeze left on the other side of the cap, so have your hose ready to collect the drippings.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 492
    Thanks again, @Sharon_is_SAM.

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,331
    edited June 2021
    @PNWtabber, @Sharon_is_SAM makes a very good point regarding having your sewer hose ready to collect the drippings.

The "drippings" can include residual antifreeze after winterizing, gray water, or sewage that has leaked past the gate valve(s).  Therefore, after connecting the campground (dump) end of the sewer hose to the campground drain, hold the "trailer" end of the sewer hose opening below the trailer's sewer drain as you open the sewer drain cap.  But remember, as already stated above, always make sure that the holding tank gate valves are fully closed (i.e., pushed in) before you remove the sewer pipe drain cap.  Failure to do so will result in a very unpleasant surprise (i.e., a sudden rush of sewage, etc.)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,503
    @PNWtabber and @Sharon_is_SAM I usually use my partially filled trash bag(last one used before leaving to dump and move on) and put it under the outlet before I remove the screw cap. Any drippings go in the trash bag, leaving a clean area. Trash bag then goes in trash can and I’m done.  :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    @Homebodyatheart, that's a great idea. Think we'll steal, er, borrow that one.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,503
    @dragonsdofly anytime my friend!  ;)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red