Options

Blinds/Shades - Assembly Instructions

mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 707
After many email inquiries, I finally received a note and attachment from Horrex (manufacturer of the blinds/shades - at least for the 2016 models. Not sure if others have this kind). Although it does not show what to do if the white strings come out (the unit comes pre-assembled, except for the last step), it may help if you have to take the unit off the wall. In one of the photos it says to be sure the white and black strings are not crossed or intertwined. This was what definitely happened to mine (whoever installed it at the factory had them twisted). Just wanted to pass this on to the group.
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    We have a side window shade that doesn't  close completely at one corner. Been trying to find out if the shade can be adjusted somehow. 
    Also front shade sags at the top. Been trying to find out if it can be reinforced or braced somehow.
    Thanks
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Seems pretty informative even though not specifically addressing a loose thread - strings need to go through the hole in that little metal piece and tighten the screw (hex head) to hold them tight and in place.
    Looks pretty much like I recall my old one looking.
  • Options
    Sabel - as PXL noted, the "tension" piece is the tiny screw in the corners. You might be able to loosen it a bit without taking the entire thing down, pull to make it a tad shorter to see if that helps and tighten back up.

PXL - The white strings lay in this channel and then pushed down through the black piece (see pic), then up the sides. The black piece is narrower at the very end so it's supposed to hold the string in, but in reality it can be pulled out fairly easily.

Displaying IMG_0531JPG

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I just fixed mine last night (again.) it definitely wasn't in as bad of shape as Mickietucs, but still a real pain.

I think it gets off track the string messed up when you pull it up or down with one hand. It seems that adjusting the height with one hand in each side might help keep it more level.

Thoughts?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    I just fixed mine last night (again.) it definitely wasn't in as bad of shape as Mickietucs, but still a real pain.

I think it gets off track the string messed up when you pull it up or down with one hand. It seems that adjusting the height with one hand in each side might help keep it more level.

Thoughts?
    Jenn - did you have to take the whole thing off the wall? What do you have to do to fix yours? I wonder if your cords are twisted?

• Options
    jkjenn said:

Thoughts?
    Jenn - did you have to take the whole thing off the wall? What do you have to do to fix yours? I wonder if your cords are twisted?
    They were twisted. I just pulled the bottom of Thad out from behind the plastic, fixed it, and pushed it back inside the plastic rails.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Gosh, good you were able to do it without taking the entire thing down. You're much handier than me! Glad you found the problem.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I didn't think it was hard to take the whole thing off - four screws - at least it wasn't on the front one when I replaced it. But I can see where it might be on the driver's side as it's up under the shelf :-(
  • Options
    PXL - when I took the one off on the passenger side it was one screw that was a bit difficult due to the wood valance being a tad low - but I did it. Then I looked at the driver's side one and just shook my head - that one I think would be impossible to get to due to the a/c and shelf. There didn't seem any way to get to the top screws and I wonder if it was installed BEFORE the a/c.

• Options
    Ya, that one's a bugger - Wonder if the shelf is hard to remove - will have to look tomorrow.
  • Options
    Let me know what you think (in case I ever have to tackle that side).

• Options
    That shelf would be difficult - would definetly need a 90 degree ratchet of some kind. Not sure I'd tackle it. Looks to be easier to just take the shade frame entirely off. Probably need that same ratchet though.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I stuck the link for the instructions in the video resource area for future reference should anyone need it.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    @mickietucs and @Michigan_Mike thanks for following and posting directions and links. I am trying to fix now and these are quite helpful. Somewhere along the line, the black and white stribgs have become twisted.

• Options
    I stuck the link for the instructions in the video resource area for future reference should anyone need it.  
    @Michigan_Mike I dont't see it in the resource area. Did we lose it?

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    jkjenn said:
    @Michigan_Mike I dont't see it in the resource area. Did we lose it?
    I think so and it happened when the new forum was created and taken over by nuCamp.  This is pretty common and impacts files and photos.  Sorry
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Jenn, isn't the link in mickietucs initial post?  Is that what you needed?

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SAM said:
    Jenn, isn't the link in mickietucs initial post?  Is that what you needed?

Thanks @SAM. The instructions were there, but not the video. I finally got it figured out, though.

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591

Once Again This Forum Has THE Answer

mickietucs said: After many email inquiries, I finally received a note and attachment from Horrex (manufacturer of the blinds/shades - at least for the 2016 models. Just wanted to pass this on to the group.
    Thanks for the posting & file.
    My passenger side screen was not working ideally from the factory, with one black string swinging free.  Yesterday returning from my most recent (4th outing) that included a long section of very poor condition interstate arrived home to find the screen diagonal in the window and several inches of screen out of the side track/guide.

So it was, search the forum, find ideas, even better find a manufacturer instruction sheet ! :smiley:

All gave me the confidence to dig in . . . . and such a simple fix . . . so I checked all the windows for correct assembly.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Obviously pulled this up via a search, and glad to find this info!

Front window on a fresh from the factory 2019 320s is having shade problems; screen pulls down, shade only goes up about 2”. Looking at the strings versus those of the side windows, they aren’t merely out of place, but twisted together more than once on both sides of the frame. Popped out lower corner trim and there are no screws securing the frame to the walls, though screws are present in the top corners. Does anyone know if the front window inside frames are attached differently in the most recent models? Or even better, how to untangle and realign the strings without removing the frame from the wall? 

Trying to avoid a dealer visit because I probably can’t manage one before my next scheduled trip.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    mntrailsmntrails Member Posts: 143
    Found this very useful - 2021 320S Boondock passenger side screen came off the track with the white string flopping around.  Using the manufacturers instructions above, the screen corners pop off, 4 screws remove the unit from the wall, and it can be put on a flat surface, the string loosened, put back in the black side groove, strings tightened, and replaced.  The pre-symptom of the problem was the screen able to be raised with the aluminum base tilting slightly. If the strings are all properly tensioned, it will stay in a horizontal position while going up/down.
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock - 2018 Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    DudleeDudlee Member Posts: 24
    I also had the white strings come out of both sides of the driver side window. I didn't want to remove the air conditioner and cabinet to access the top corner screws, so I drilled thru the cabinet face with 1/2inch drill. I made plugs with birch plywood to cover holes. I didn't see in the instructions where it showed how to route the string into the slot in the black corner piece. I was able to look down into the frame of the passenger blind to see it was routed thru the slot in the black piece. I found a screw missing from each corner that holds the frame together? This is step 9 of the instructions. I wonder if this is contributing to the strings coming undone. I had screws that fit so I'll see how it holds up.

—  2019 320 S Boondock, 2016 Nissan Frontier, Sonoma County
  • Options
    MisssubaruMisssubaru Member Posts: 5
    This is a simple problem to fit
    mine string came out of rail day1 if purchase of my 2021 Tab 350 S Boondock 
    I tried everything nothing worked…
    Finally my sister came over. 
    I had her stand outside if the open window.
    I went inside the camper.
     I asked my sister to pull that lose string as close as possible to the channel in the side of the window where it came out from.
     I was able to gently put the string back in with a flat head screwdriver 
    Problem solved.
    having my sisters every help to bring that string close (needs tension) it allows me to tuck that string back in the area where it came out from
  • Options
    kerilynvjkerilynvj Member Posts: 15
    Hello! My shade was destroyed last weekend by a dog (renters). I have the new one and need to replace from start to finish. Does anyone have directions for taking out the old and putting in a new? Thank you!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    This is located under the User Manuals Category.  There are 2 sets of shade instructions.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6399/windows-awnings-shades-and-screens#latest
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rick_kellingrick_kelling Member Posts: 1
    My son and I had to take the entire assembly off the wall to get to the cord and route it correctly.  Really not hard at all!

2021 T@B 320 BD
    TV: 2021 Toyota 4Runner
    Rick in Oly, WA
    2021 T@B BD - 2021 4Runner
  • Options
    mjwaldnermjwaldner Member Posts: 44
    I wanted to add some more info to this thread for anyone who needs more help with the shades. We have a 2021 T@B 400.
    I received this link from the manufacturer distributor (http://transatlanticprod.com) with some videos showing how to restring the shades along with how to remove and install them. 
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhhCEOni5lJpkR0ew5-aX5jtLBXU

I had some problems when my unit was under warranty and they sent me a bag full of replacement parts (way more than I needed) along with the link above on how to fix it. It was welcome news as I was tired of hearing "bring it back to the dealer to get it fixed".
    2021 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport Elite / Nashville, TN
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 988
    Thanks for the link.  I'll keep it handy for the time I'm sure will come when I need to fix mine.  I agree with you on not wanting to take things to the dealer.  It would take an extreme issue for me to even think about doing that.  I just wish NuCamp would look into using a completely different window.  There are others out there that use no strings and allow you to actually see well out of the screens.  And they keep the bugs out! 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado