Phoenix AZ area

We are new TAB 400 owners and looks like the previous owner didn’t maintain the Alde system.
Anyone in the PHX area work on or recommend where we should take it to?
we haven’t attempted to turn on the water heater. TIA

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Welcome to the Forums.......
    Tom's Camperland is one of the largest Tab dealers.  They "might" help, but they were not servicing trailers they didn't sell a couple of years ago.  I'm sure they can point you in a good direction, though.
    The question:  what "service" are you needing?  Some of the Alde "service" can be done pretty easily without a lot of help.
    What do you need help with? (And, what year is your 400?)
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • PBingPBing Member Posts: 6
    We purchased a used 2020 from a private seller. We noticed the reservoir for gycol is empty. Unsure if we can just refill it or if it should be looked at by someone who knows about the system. (Which we do not)

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Yes, you can fill it yourself.  Not hard to do, and that is an easy task.  Do you have Alde manuals and such? 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    The 2020 will have Century TF-1 fluid in it.  You can buy a gallon from Amazon, or from Tom’s Camperland.  If you do need service for your TaB, San Diego is going to be your closest TaB dealer who offers support to all TaB owners, Little Guy Trailers, https://littleguytrailers.com/.  That said, Truma/Alde and nuCamp are supporting changing the fluid to the new Rhomar fluid at the next Alde service cycle (2-years) and are making a technician team available, try contacting nüCamp for their suggestions also, help@nucamprv.com.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Yes, we have the manuals. Wasn’t sure if safe to just fill and use system if it had possibly been run dry. Since the reservoir is totally empty and we don’t know the history of how it’s been used or sitting dry for a while. Should’ve asked but we were just excited to finally find a unit that wasn’t overpriced and available 😃
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Fill the reservoir and run the pump without turning on the heat.  That will circulate the glycol and help to eliminate any air if it is very empty.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Don't know anyone in the Phoenix area who would recommend a local dealer for competent service.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    +1 what Sharon said. This document offers some tips for running the pump without heat for eliminating any trapped air. (The relevant part starts at step 8 on page 6.)

How much fluid you have to add--and whether there is any trapped air to bleed--will depend on how low the fluid level has gotten. Unless there is an actual leak in the system (and you'll find that out soon enough) my guess is you won't need to add very much.

Regardless, you won't do any damage to the system by topping up the glycol and running the pump (without heat). Once they glycol is replenished and the air bled, you can properly test all functions. 
    2015 T@B S
  • BWidgetBWidget Member Posts: 35
    Tom's Camperland in Avondale serviced my T@B 320 and I did not purchase it from them. I had them flush the Alde system and pack the wheel bearings.
    Bill from Los Angeles Arizona
    2015 T@B S Maxx Outback
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
    Thank you! We scheduled an appointment with Tom’s. 🤞there won’t be any issues with the system. Everything else seems to be in working order.