Options

May he rest in peace

2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
Forgive us if you have already seen this.  We would rather err on the side of posting this in two places, than risk people not knowing.

It is with great sorrow we need to share with the T@b community that our dear friend Eric ( @ericnliz ) passed away last week after a courageous fight with lung cancer.  Many of you knew him for his awesome pit BBQ at East Meets West, or from his lighthearted and knowledgeable presence here on the forum. His favorite place to post was the Off Topic Chit Chat thread.  I would encourage you to grab a favorite beverage, sit back and reread some of the fun banter, and remember a special T@b family member.

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Thanks @2Cougs.  We never met, but Eric was a funny forum member.  You could count on a good laugh and a wet computer screen if you dared sip on your coffee while reading his banter.  He also had a serious side and I remember thoughtful posts about tire safety.  He shared his good times with his Pit Barrel and his grief over Liz.  Gone too soon.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    I always appreciated how he was quick to offer a helpful or encouraging comment.  Sorry to hear he's gone, but maybe he's in a better place with Liz.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Great guy and looked forward to Eric’s humor, insight and camaraderie here on the forum.  Sharon hit the nail on the head as you had to watch what you were drinking or risk busting a gut and spraying the computer via Eric’s quick witted humor.  He was a fixture here on the forum and we looked forward to his presence. And although you never met him, you could feel his warmth and friendship from afar.  I know losing Liz took its toll on him and I checked in with him from time to time to see how he was doing.  He was a good guy, helpful and brought a light touch and humor to the forum in times of uncertainty and when people needed a change. I send my condolences to Eric’s friends, family and loved ones, but know he is in a happier place with the love of his life, Liz.  May you Rest In Peace Eric and know that you made a difference and will be sadly missed.  🙏🏻😢❤️
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Thank you all for reaching out. This is Ben & Josh, Eric's youngest and oldest sons..
    Here is a copy of the invitation for the celebration in memory of our dad. Wanted to share it with you all. If you're interested in attending, it will be held on Saturday, 9/4/21 near Spokane. Please RSVP asap if you'd like to attend.

Please contact one of us to RSVP or with any questions:
    Ben's Cell: 650-576-4895
    Josh's cell: 253-283-3200
    Thank you!

2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    So sorry to hear of Eric’s passing. I always enjoyed his postings. 

Jeannie 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Thank you, Ben and Josh. Eric meant a lot to me. I know you are busy with details and going through the motions numbly as you deal with your Dad's death. If you have a chance, Verna has given an example of Eric's humor on a close thread called Idle Chit-Chat 2. He would throw zingers (and so did @Homebodyatheart and @2Cougs!) and those were the spray-worthy, monitor-cleaning comments. Take care. Patricia and Rocket (Ratkity).

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am so sorry to hear of Eric's passing. He was a great member of the community!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    Eric was a great guy.   We sure enjoyed him at our monthly breakfasts, and camping.  
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited