When will nuCamp announce 2022 changes?

My understanding is they have been building '22 MY units since early July.  I have even seen some pix of TAG's out there but their web site still shows 2021 models.  I have a 2022 400 on order and they still won't even tell me what changes will be on mine. Cancelled my '21 based on representation of some great changes I was interested in but now those seem to be in flux.   Apparently some changes will be running changes based on availability of parts during the build year.  I don't understand the lack of transparency.  I am paying nearly $2K more for new model year and my dealer tells me he won't know what it has until it arrives.  Does that sound a little crazy to you...?

Comments

• CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    @NorCalMike, I'm on the other side of your equation. I have one of the last '21s built. Build date was supposed to be June 28, but I just got it last week. My frame and floor don't match other '21s, so I think I may have gotten those upgrades because they ran out of '21 supply. I also seem to have a newer version of the bathroom fan. All other stuff are clearly '21 vintage.

So I would imagine as they run out of inventory they start into the new stuff. Some late '21s may have a few unexpected upgrades. Some early '22s may be missing a few expected upgrades.

It seems to me that your '22 will have the new frame and floor, as those seem to be already the current stock, which is the biggest deal. Everything else you can upgrade afterwards if necessary. (I know, you've already paid for those, but the floor is the really big deal I think...)

Cheers,
    C
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • McMullapMcMullap Member Posts: 24
    I hate to say but NuCamp is notorious for making changes. They continuously try to make improvements. Even if it means making a dozen changes in a single year. I understand some people may not like this method, but you can’t argue that they don’t listen to their customers. Always trying to make the best products. 
  • jkuangjkuang Member Posts: 3
    @CJax, what is the frame change in 2022 tab 400?
  • CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    edited September 2021
    @jkuang , there are a lot of posts about these frame holes, where critters can get under your TT and find their ways in. The frames have apparently been made this way for many model years.

So I reached out to @manyman297 for the dimensions (the above picture is from one of his posts I believe) whilst I was waiting for delivery. He was gracious enough to provide them, and I prefabbed some nice custom mesh covers to install once I got mine so I could be proactive on the critter front.

Then I got my 2021 T@B 400 Boondock in August (ordered in February)... and to my surprise, when I went to install my critter covers, I don't have these holes in my frame! The beams are solid.

I'm only speculating that I may have gotten a 2022 frame since I had one of the last 2021s made and who knows when their inventory switched. Or due to the supply chain issues, I may have a one-of-a-kind frame. Logic tells me it's the former but I can't rule out the latter -- at least until I see a 2022 somewhere to compare.

Cheers,
    C
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • jkuangjkuang Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2021
    @CJax Interesting. These holes are made to reduce the weight. Holes are cut in areas where the metal does not do much to provide strength to the frame. I think they can just remove the holes on outer surface beams, but keep holes on the inner beams.
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    A new video popped up on YouTube and is a purported 2021 400 but check out the screengrabs I got: 

Appears to have different overhead cubby fascias. I know @rhyno had some issues where the screw holding the fascia to the ceiling is coming out (and mine didn't even have a screw in it). Looks like that won't be an issue now.
    (link to post: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/173093#Comment_173093)

Isotherm has the stainless steel door instead of the black one...I would've killed to have this option. Could be a parts shortage issue though. I know the stainless version is a bit more money.

Also, it looks like the cushion fabric is different on the dinette but I can't tell.

Link to video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKJDiamSeAE&t=451s
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Just an FYI that I found out today - the 2021 and 2022 320 model fresh water tank drain now comes out the back of the tank.  So, to drain it more completely, raise the tongue.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    edited October 2021
    The low point drain valves came up this morning over on the FB page.  The picture in the comment above shows the Hot/Cold water low point drains, and shows the fresh water tank drain there, too. An owner this morning of a 2022 320 CS-S had only this configuration.  The Fresh Water tank drain was over behind the passenger side wheel.  Question:  What is the gray handle to the right of the Hot/Cold valves?
    And the Fresh Water Tank Drain over behind the passenger side wheel.

Edit:  the Gray handle I was asking about is apparently the new gray tank drain valve.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    edited October 2021
    @pthomas745 - Good to know.  The 320s with Nautilus fresh tank is still in the same location except the drain comes off the rear of the tank.  Where is the actual gray tank outlet?

Berger’s photo was the 2022 400.  Looks like all the plumbing drains are still on the 400 driver’s side.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio