Options

New tubs from All Pro

It looks like All Pro is offering tubs for the front that blend in perfectly with the current tub. They are PRICEY but I am thinking about ordering them, since they look so nice!

https://allproadventures.com/collections/t-b-accessories/products/storage-tubs 

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I love mine!  The door side (passenger side) has the electrical cords and water hoses, the driver’s side has the sewer hose parts and the Legos. It works very well. 

Well worth the money to match with the middle tub and the locks on the tubs for pieces of minds on your necessary pieces and parts. It’s also nice not to have to dig for them in the tow vehicle. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    @DenverJaguar are you in the Facebook group "T@B Camping Trailers"? David Hess from Sea Biscuit Designs in TN has been making side bins for many of us and there are many pictures in this group. Or: https://www.facebook.com/seabiscuitmetaldesigns/
    He makes all sizes depending on your front tub/handle situation in two heights. They have a rubber lip to seal the top. I bought a smaller version at $450 for two plus $50 each in freight and love them.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    I also have the smaller of the Sea Biscuit/Bradley Boxes and am very pleased with them. The diamond plate is virtually identical to that of the factory storage tub, so the setup looks great. David Hess is great to work with and the construction of the boxes is first-rate. As @dsfdogs indicates, the weatherproofing is impressive and the cost is substantially less than the All-Pro.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    DenverJaguarDenverJaguar Member Posts: 57
    Those do look nice. The small/regular size is $550 for 2 boxes now, and if shipping is still $50 each, it makes them about $200 less than All Pro. But the All Pro ones are larger (and they come with key locks), so if I got the "XL" bins from Sea Biscuit Metal, they'd be $300 each plus $100 for shipping (maybe more for the larger bins), for a total of $700. Still cheaper...just not enough for it to be an easy choice. 
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    I know the XL bins were more expensive. Too bad the prices have gone up. I'm in Oregon so freight from TN was high, yours might be cheaper. Certainly reach out to David Hess, call him, he's very very nice and can answer any questions.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    For me, the tie-breaker is the locks on the All-Pro bins vs. the Sea Biscuit XL bins. I've just ordered mine from All-Pro.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    The diamond plate bins ARE beautiful. We decided to play off the Boondock theme and added these instead.

The buckets are attached through the bottom to the platform. The lids have a screw on center and are from the hardware store. The cord towards the top is just decoration, playing off the theme of 'boondocking and crabbing'. After thousands of miles this year they have proven to be watertight and are still firmly attached. As others noted, it is nice to clear the space for the  'wet' items from the TV.

There are no locks, of course. I am not aware of a black market for used sewer and water hoses though. If someone takes them 'cause they can't afford their own, then so be it.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited September 2021
    @CrabTab, the only thing I really worry about in my Boondock platform tubs is the 25’ 30 amp electrical cord and the 25’ 30 amp electrical extension, as thieves seem to like copper. I don't consider the other “stuff” to need to be locked up, although it has always been locked in the truck bed (yes, I’m aware the truck shell’s lock isn’t as good as the truck doors locks).  Hopefully, if there’s a lock, thieves will go to the next camper. 

(My post is not meant as an argument, but just to explain about the two things that are most important to me…the other stuff in the tubs are less expensive to replace. Yes, the locks can be defeated, but I think most locks can be defeated as the thieves are always one step ahead of the honest people.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,653
    If you don't like spending 500 on aluminum, there were/are many different nice ways to store things on the rack. This thread has many of them, or search for "actionpacker."

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    I agree with @Verna ... locks won't stop any determined thief, but hopefully they stop the lazy thieves or the casual hooligans who just like to mess with stuff... I store the sewage hose in the Valterra tube (no locks needed); the tubs are for electrical, freshwater, and leveler/chocks stuff. Mostly concerned with protecting big electrical cords and some tools from the casual thieves and hooligans.

I do love the ingenuity of @CrabTab 's buckets. The simple solutions are often the best. This is my first RV and it's still new, so I'm still overspending on aesthetics...

Cheers,

2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    Yes, someone posted pics on the FB page of the ones they build.  They look exactly like the Allpros.  I don’t remember if it was David Hess.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.