Options

Exterior Shower Hose Upgrade

HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 611
edited April 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades
Saw that I needed to re-caulk the exterior shower box and used that opportunity to replace the cheap stiff shower hose with a longer and much more flexible one.  It's much easier now to pull the hose out or stow it.

Got this one at Amazon. Just search RV shower hose. 

Rich
2019 T@b 400
2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
Bellingham WA

Comments

• Options
    jimrjjimrj Member Posts: 57
    I used mine on our last trip and it was stiff and hard to manipulate. Where did you buy the hose?
    Jim and Robin / 2021 320S / 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk / Oregon
  • Options
    TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    @Horigan

I would like to know as well.  

2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Search RV shower hose on Amazon or the web. 
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Also available at Home Dept and Lowe’s 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 256
    Great idea!  
    On a similar note....is that small, plastic tube at the bottom of the shower panel supposed to seep when the shower is running?  It bugged me so I added a little extension so it drains to the ground.  I read somewhere that it is some sort of vacuum relief.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    The shower hoses are just ordinary hand held shower hoses......
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    One of the first things we did...even though we haven't used our water yet...soon ...dewinterization will happen..
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I attempted this, all I can say is when my outside shower controls were installed, they meant for them to stay forever. I finally surrendered and recaulked around it and called it a day.

I don't think King Kong could have gotten it out.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,274
    edited October 2021
    Did a similar mod, except added a quick disconnect so that the hose can be stored in the tongue box instead of getting shoved in and out and possibly damaging something. The hose (linked below) is long enough to reach under the trailer and be used for washing dishes on the other side.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    edited October 2021
    AnOldUR said:
    Did a similar mod, except added a quick disconnect so that the hose can be stored in the tongue box instead of getting shoved in and out and possibly damaging something. The hose (linked below) is long enough to reach under the trailer and be used for washing dishes on the other side.

Do you have link for the quick disconnect?  I’m looking to do the same hookup to a portable sink I have ordered. Thanks!
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    rcuomo said:
    Do you have link for the quick disconnect?  I’m looking to do the same hookup to a portable sink I have ordered. Thanks!
    Sorry, no link. I already had several for my homebrewing setup. I bought them used from a friend who went to all stainless fittings. The manufactures name on them is CPC, but there are other brands available.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    "
    AnOldUR said:
    rcuomo said:
    Sorry, no link. I already had several for my homebrewing setup. I bought them used from a friend who went to all stainless fittings. The manufactures name on them is CPC, but there are other brands available.
    CPC is Colder Products Company and they have many different disconnects available. Thanks!
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @AnOldUR, nice upgrade.  What did you use to hang the hose sprayer on the passenger side of your trailer?  Can you provide a link to the item?
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    Bayliss said:
    What did you use to hang the hose sprayer on the passenger side of your trailer?

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Thank you, @AnOldUR.  I appreciate the prompt reply and links.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 288
    AnOldUR said:

Any chance you could post a photo of how you made the connection from the inside mixer to the outside quick connect? Thanks.
    edited November 2021
    elbolillo said:
    Any chance you could post a photo of how you made the connection from the inside mixer to the outside quick connect? Thanks.
    Cut the original hose and slipped it over an NPT to barb adapter and threaded that over the quick disconnect.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    AnOldUR said:
    elbolillo said:
    Cut the original hose and slipped it over an NPT to barb adapter and threaded that over the quick disconnect.

Thanks so much!!! Very helpful.
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 346
    We took a different path to the same destination. I didn't like the inside shower hose making black marks on the wall and sink while we drove. So, a trip to ACE yielded a white, rubberized metal shower hose. Then the long, flexible, old shower hose was installed on the outside shower. Its longer and also takes up less space under the sink.

I like the quick disconnect fitting. 
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    elbolillo said:
    AnOldUR said:
    elbolillo said:

Thanks so much!!! Very helpful.
    3/8 or 1/2 inch barb?
    Mickerly said:
    We took a different path to the same destination. I didn't like the inside shower hose making black marks on the wall and sink while we drove. So, a trip to ACE yielded a white, rubberized metal shower hose. Then the long, flexible, old shower hose was installed on the outside shower. Its longer and also takes up less space under the sink.

I like the quick disconnect fitting. 
    That’s the path that started this thread!  ;)
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    elbolillo said:
    3/8 or 1/2 inch barb?

1/2" barbed. Stuck the tubing in boiling water to soften it and allow it to slide over the barb.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    AnOldUR said:
    elbolillo said:
    3/8 or 1/2 inch barb?

1/2" barbed. Stuck the tubing in boiling water to soften it and allow it to slide over the barb.
    thanks again. I have the quick connect parts on order and am looking forward to getting it installed.