Options

Glycol Brand (Century Chemical Transfer Fluid) to buy

On Amazon,
any chance that these are the same thing? They both have the exact same label and text description but one includes a code # at bottom and the other does not. I know the recommended fluid has been described on the forum as "TF-1". Transfer Fluid, 1 gallon I presume. 

$24 a gallon

$61 a gallon

Tab 320s Boondock
TV: Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    i think those are the same,  i just replaced our glycol after sorta fixing some corrosion issues.  I bought the $24 jugs.  took 2 on a full replace.  
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    SneakleSneakle Member Posts: 131
    I think so too.
    Tab 320s Boondock
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    @Sneakle Since you’re changing out the reservoir anyway, now might be a good time to switch over to the Rhomar Water that Truma/Alde now uses instead of Century. Century has been known to corrode parts of the Alde system, and I personally find that just too big a risk given the cost of replacement. My 2019 is in for service this month, and they’re doing the changeover as part of that.

Just something to consider…
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    So the Rhomar is ok for earlier systems like my 2018 320s? And changeover is simply drain out the previous and replace?
    Tab 320s Boondock
  • Options
    I might follow your lead and let the dealer do this after I install a new tank.
    Tab 320s Boondock
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Sneakle said:
    So the Rhomar is ok for earlier systems like my 2018 320s? And changeover is simply drain out the previous and replace?
    Yes, it’s OK, but no, it’s not *quite* that simple, as it requires a flush & drain in between with distilled water, from what I understand. It’s also more expensive. Dealer gave me the option of either, but my attitude on it is that since we’ve seen corrosion on units that were still within the supposed 2 year lifespan of Century, it wasn’t worth risking damage by just using that same fluid again. I know others here disagree, so definitely do your research…lots of info on the forum over the last several months on this topic!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,658
    The Rhomar Water is completely unobtainium.  Until Truma gets their supply together, switching it out will be problematic.  And, no doubt, costly. 
    The difference in price on those two pages above is the delivery time:  the 24 dollar bottle is not available for "1 to 2 Months." Even the 61 dollar ( and up!) bottles are taking 2 to 3 weeks.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Rhomar is available to dealers from nüCamp, and can be ordered from nüCamp via a dealer.  That said, nüCamp has supplied many of its dealers who service the Alde with the necessary system to change out Alde systems from Century CF to the new Rhomar.  Personally, I would switch over at this point, as Victoria pointed out, not worth the risk to Save a few bucks.  The large part of the cost is the1-2hr labor charge to change out the fluid.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.