T@B Floor Tie Downs

sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92

Recently was at Harbor Freight looking at Gizmos & Gadgets. Found and bought 2 pc. (X2) Flush Mount Truck Bed Anchors.

I haven't yet ordered my T@B, but I'm getting VERY CLOSE!

I figure the main floor area inside the T@B door would be a good area to put stuff when traveling to the next location, but fear some items may slip/slide, or tip over, causing damage. With a drill & a utility knife, the "anchors" can be easily installed into the floor. Use caution not to drill/cut any water/electrical lines, or damage chassis.

The eyelet for which to attach/hook bungee cords, etc., actually retract into the "anchor' housing itself so everything is [mostly] flush with floor when not in use! AWESOME! 

I can see myself installing 4, possible 6 anchors, especially since they only cost $10.99 for a pair!

I apologize for not being able to post a picture of the "anchors," but I can't seem to figure out this computer stuff when it tells me NO! If anyone visits the Harbor Freight website and can download the pictures, that would be great!

By the way, these Truck Bed Anchors would also work as TRUCK BED ANCHORS! Now why didn't I think of that earlier??

As always, feedback is welcome!

Comments

• AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Rather than cutting holes in the floor, why not use an item used in truck beds.  It is a pole that twists to shorten or lengthen and uses pressure to hold itself in place.  They are called cargo bars.  Here is an example  http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-bed-accessories/69A6220A0A0.aspx
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    These are not solid floors in the T@B.  Be aware of what your mounting too!
  • sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92

The cargo bars may damage the walls. But, then again, I'm cutting holes into the floor!

Ever since I was a kid, I've cut and hacked my way through life. Facory stuff? Nope.....just won't do! Grab the saws! Get the torches and welders!

Did you look at the "anchors" I described? If you can, post them here that would be appreciated!

I understand the construction of the T@B. I won't overtax the setup. Wouldn't be carrying heavy stuff anyway. I guess it's my desire to customize with GIZMOS & GADGETS!

• JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We leave our table down all the time, so small loose items go on the bed with soft and heavier items on top. I wouldn't do the " tie down" thing in the T@B, I did it in my T.V.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Re: Cargo bars.  If you put a square block of wood 3/4" x 6" x 6" between the wall and the pole, it will not poke a hole in the wall.  The block of wood will absorb the pressure.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Be very careful when drilling into the T@B floor. The tanks are close to the bottom of floor, and as mentioned, the floor just isn't a solid floor. There is no wood in the floor to attach screws or bolts to.  There is a discussion about attaching a table to the floor and that owner describes what he found the floor was constructed of. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Oh well. Just another dopey thought on my part. I guess I'll just use the "anchors" for their intended purpose on the pickup bed!

Maybe I won't admire Thomas Edison anymore!

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Not a dopey "idea" just not a good thing on a T@B floor. Great idea if the floor was solid.
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I learned the hard way - bought stuff that ultimately didn't work and gave it away and started over to a certain degree. Still changing stuff here 9 months later.
  • twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 197
    edited July 2015
    Allie - Love that tension bar!  I use a tension bar in the bathroom as a towel bar. Is this one more sturdy?  Also, I can't tell if the ends attach to either side or its purely a tension bar.
    I also use Rubbermaid bins for storage and pack the floor area like you would a moving truck to prevent sliding.  I do avoid placing anything that can't take a jolt on the CS-S bench, as it normally leaps off and ends up on the floor.
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    Transitioned from 2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx to 2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Things I store in the cabinets, I hold in place with towels and foam.  Things I carry in the floor I put in duffel bags.  Have had no problems so far.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    If you really wanted to use tie downs, I would recommend anchoring them into the bench cabinets versus the floor.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Let me give you another option. We put all our extra "stuff" in the back of the truck. (We have a full shell) Except for the step, and one small bin for shoes, we leave the inside of the T@B "sleep ready" on the road. Part of it is for necessity, since I have a Dutchmen T@B with a low CCC, but the remainder is just for ease and comfort. If I'm overnighting somewhere, I get a pull through site, plug in, open the door and go to bed. If I've had bad traffic, arrive late, or it's pouring down rain when I do arrive. Just back it in, plug in, and go to bed. Yes, there are trips where I bring a lot of outside stuff, and the truck is stuffed to the brim, but the way I set up the T@B, I can also travel with as little as my visor, one camp chair, my BAL, and one bin with extra extension cords and tacky lights.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited August 2015
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • EmergencyKenEmergencyKen Member Posts: 29
    Just wanted to follow up and see if anyone has done any anchors? I was thinking of adding something like what holds the TV in place and stretching a bungee (or bungee net) across from one bench to the other to keep things from bouncing around.  I’d like to be able to put stuff on the floor of the tab without it bouncing/sliding all around. 
    Cleveland, OH
    2018 Tab 400 
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    Husband, Nurse, Hufflepuff

• MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    I carefully load things on the floor of the trailer and the last thing that goes in is a big outdoor beanbag chair (lime green bag in the below photo) that keeps things from shifting around.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    We put the heaviest items on the floor between the benches on top of a floor runner with a rubber backing.  We use pool noodles and foam to pad everything.  No problems with shifting. 
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio