Options

Jack-It mounting

Question from a newbie about the Jack-It bike rack and a 2022 320s.  It doesn’t look like the Jack-It tower can mount to the receiver plate because of the 4 bolts that hold the receiver plate on.  These are not the 3 jack bolts.  Am I missing something? 

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I believe they sell a spacer plate or others have used stacks of washers to move the jack up and away from the bolt heads. I would use a spacer plate.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    FishtrapcabinFishtrapcabin Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the advise.  When I called Let’s-Go- Aero yesterday, the customer rep didn’t mention a spacer they sell.  I think I’ve seen a post from someone who had a machine shop fabricate one.  
  • Options
    RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 129

2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited January 2022
    @Fishtrapcabin, see my photos and discussion in the below discussion thread.  I obtained the spacer from https://allproadventures.com/ .  I received it at no extra charge when I purchased my Jack-IT from them, but that was back in June 2019 when they had just started selling the Jack-IT.  The photo on their website is actually my photo.  It is a pricey spacer, but you need it (don't use washers as a substitute - - - you want a good and stable support for the Jack-It tower.)

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/11049/bike-rack-for-2015-t-b-320#latest   

IMPORTANT (edited in light of @DukeHewett's comment below):  When mounting the Jack-IT and spacer to your trailer, I would recommend that the trailer be hitched to the back of the tow vehicle.  That is because to add the Jack-IT, you first need to temporarily remove the jack tube/crank from the front of the trailer, which needs to be supported for removal of the tube/crank.  All you do is remove three bolts, so it is easy.  You can alternatively support the front frame with a jack or some other form of support and chock the tires.  However, leaving the trailer attached to the tow vehicle avoids having to do that, plus it provides an added measure of safety (i.e., no risk of the frame or trailer shifting, especially while you are under the trailer's A-frame.)  Your choice.  
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    FishtrapcabinFishtrapcabin Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, Bayliss - ordered the spacer.  Appreciate your advice & experience.
  • Options
    DukeHewettDukeHewett Member Posts: 41
    It is NOT necessary to have the trailer attached to the tow vehicle.  It IS necessary to support the tongue/A-Frame of the trailer supported prior to unbolting the tube jack.   Just make sure the wheels are chocked on fairly level ground and that the tongue is supported securely by blocks or other devices.   I would have found it a little more awkward having the tow vehicle attached, as I wanted better access under the tongue to install longer and grade 5 or 8 bolts and double-nutting the bolts with grade 5 to 8 nuts.   As an additional safety feature, you can always lower the front outriggers or the trailer.
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    I mounted mine this way having my local welding shop cut out the areas showing in the photo that way I did not need the spacer block. You do not have to remove the front fence. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge