Options

Clothes storage?

hikerchickhikerchick Member Posts: 31
Just trying to figure out where to keep my clothes in my new Tab 2022 400. Some older ones had a closet but this new one doesn’t. I’m rethinking if I should have bought the Little Guy

Comments

• Options
    marchulemarchule Member Posts: 38
    Having come from a 320S, I feel like the 400BD has lots of options.  The drawers and under bed storage can hold a lot of carefully folded items.  I've added Command Strips for hanging coats.  In particular, a Command Clothes Hanger above the bedroom cubby.  It'll hold 7.5 pounds and works great for clothes on hangers.  It is just around the corner of visibility from the rest of the trailer, too.
    2018 320S / KIA Sorento 3.5 V6  - 2022 400 Boondock / KIA Telluride 3.8 V6  -  Utah
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited March 2022
    You also have the center under bed storage locker, and the small shelf storage cubby above the right side of the galley.  You also have a locker under the front dinette, on the passenger side.
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited March 2022
    I use this.....I used to hang it in various locations in the dinette area but now I just keep it on the driver's side dinette seat.  I think it might fit in the lower cubby under the fridge.

Stow-N-Go Travel Luggage Organizer and Packing Cube Space Saver With Built In Hanging Shelves and Laundry Storage Compartment. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ2SGCR/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_EA1FCF1BTPGQ21XPM43A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
  • Options
    hikerchickhikerchick Member Posts: 31
    Thanks I will look at it.
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    We have a 320.  I store my clothes in a duffel bag in my truck.   My wife’s are stored in the trailer.  Not because of trailers lack of space.  In fact the compartments under the bed are always empty.  It’s because my wife and I are opposite sleepers.  I’m up with the sun while she’s still dreaming away for a couple hours.  So that I don’t bother her I have my clothes in my truck.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Tons of clothing storage in the 400 IMO.  Just no real hanging storage.  I use the drawer under the fridge for my clothes and can fit more than enough for 7-10 day trips.  My wife uses the small drawer near the floor under the stove and a little of the space in the cabinet just above that drawer.  We hang a few rain coats and or hoodies on hooks in the bathroom.  Shoes stay outside on a plastic boot tray under the trailer by the door.  We have a couple of command hooks in the dinette area where we hang our hats.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I built a couple of shelfs for the large wardrobe closet in our 400 BDL. I didn't want to but my wife urged me to fix it so we could better use the space.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Nicely done, and this is idea to increase storage.  Our TaB came with shelves done like this.  I removed them, going to add one removable lower shelf back in and some shelves across the back area next to the Alde Reservoir.  The issue with the full shelves, you can not get to the Alde Reservoir to check the fluid or add more fluid.  I find I need to add some fluid at the start of each season, after running the Alde on low (50F) dueling the winter months.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    @Denny16, funny thing is that I actually thought about the need to top off glycol. My shelves are held in with 1 screw on each side, lift the shelf out and you have all the access you need. In fact, to add I would only need to remove the top shelf.

BTW, I can still see the sight window for the glycol. The desired height I installed the shelves actually was also correct for viewing the reservoir.

I got double lucky!

Brad
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    I’m in a 2017 320S. What works for me for storage are these collapsible zipper window totes. I have one for cold weather clothes, one for warm weather clothes, and one for hand towels, tablecloths, a hammock in bag, with room to spare. Works well for me. Good luck and enjoy your journey! 
    Clothes Storage Bins Box - Linen Fabric Foldable Stackable Container Organizer Set with Clear Window & Carry Handles & Metal Frame - 2Pack Large Capacity for Bedding, Blankets, Toys, Books https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VDBS8XV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_F3KYS3X28Z4SH1GMQ5CP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Brad, have you added glycol to your Alde Reservoir?  If not, I got a news flash for you, you will need to remove all the shelves, then the top plywood cover panel in the corner above the tank, then loosen the screws on the gray shroud and lift it up so you can remove the Reservoir tank lid and add fluid.  Removing the top shelf is not going to be enough room I don’t think, or will be awkward at best.

Here is what the tank looks like with the shroud in place:

As you can see, the Reservoir tank cap is still not accessible with the top plywood panel removed.  This is the alternative shelf mod done by a member here, that I plan to do, this adds some shelf storage, retains the hanging feature (which we use for jackets) and gives full access to the Alde Reservoir tank, now you just lift up the shroud and Bob’s your uncle... 
    Cheers
  • Options
    Denny,

Mine is not like that, I can easily get the lid off by removing the upper panel. In fact, removal of the lower panel does nothing for me, unless I want to physically see the tank. This was my experience was from topping off the tank while traveling last year with some distilled water.

I believe the major difference is that I do not have the shelves on the rear wall like shown in your picture. 

Even if I have to remove the second shelf, it is 2 more screws. I only added the screws to keep the shelves from moving around, they physically carry zero load.

Brad
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Lucky you Brad, I have to remove the shroud (not a big deal once I worked how) to get the cap of the tank and have access to the top filler hole.  The shelves were a mod, the TaB came with a blank wall there and the 45-degree top panel over the tank, which was removed in this mod.  
     Cheers 
  • Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 133
    My 400 has the 3-way frig so I also have no closet.  I use the double shelf cabinet under the stovetop, which has plenty of capacity for most trips.  Using compression packing cubes is my approach to keeping my clothes organized and easy to reach.  For my five-week adventure to New England last fall, I utilized the storage bin under my bed for additional clothing and things like warmer clothing, extra blanket, etc.  I intentionally leave that space empty otherwise.

I love the gray Lean Travel cubes I purchased from Amazon. Compression Packing Cubes for Travel, Set of 3, Color Grey, Double Zipper, LeanTravel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUA6GUB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_W464KV8Z1NGFBAC10B0J

As mentioned by others, I also use Command hooks in places such as the wall next to my bed and inside of the entry door for jackets, pjs, dog leashes, etc. The open cubby under the frig is used for hiking boots, rainboots, and other shoes as well as my shower bag.  
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    aphillipsaphillips Member Posts: 27
    I just posted this in a different thread. Good luck! 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/17118/clothing-storage#latest
    2022 Tab 400 Boondock
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    If you are all or mostly dispersed camping, removing microwave and replacing with cabinet frees up a lot of clothing storage space... particularly in 400 with 3-way frig (or 2-way in 3-way space). It's done pretty simply for 2021 models and newer. It's a royal pain for 2020 models because of the "no longer carried" cabinet hardware. We were lucky enough to have leftover Baltic Birch veneer plywood from AC swapout. Gave me the opportunity to prove it's a good thing I did not try to make a living as carpenter. I'm hoping I am the only one to notice the flubs! https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14948/swap-microwave-for-cabinet-door#latest

2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM