Options

Average Age

I know this may be personal but I’m trying to get an idea how many seniors are pulling tab 400s over the age 65?
this is more about having a trailer that is easy and doable for us seniors
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 345
    Friendly suggestion... would this work better for you if it also included 320's?
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 345
    Put me on the list- 70 years old, 2 years into pulling a 320, and planning on five more years ... then reassessment and who knows. No regrets.
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I am over 70 pulling a TaB400.  Another member here is also over 70 and has pulled a 320 and 400 and was living full time in both.  So no reason a senior can’t have fun!  :)
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TowheeTowhee Member Posts: 47
    79 pulling a Tab 320 with Tesla model Y
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    76 years old, we are downsizing our tow vehicle and camper and plan to continue traveling and camping  indefinitely.  

I do think a small camper makes it easier if travel is your goal and the camper is to facilitate that travel.  The T@b 400 is perhaps better for extended stays at chosen destinations, the tiny T@b 320 (if you fit) may be better for touring and getting into more remote locations.

Doug K
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    montanahopemontanahope Member Posts: 10
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    If interested, you could reel in more responses by setting this up as a poll. Responses can be set as "anonymous" if you are concerned some might find the question to personal.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    @montanahope I think it would also be helpful to know if the senior 400 owners had previous experience towing prior to their 400 experience.  Some owners new to towing start out with a smaller camper and other owners end up downsizing to the 400!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    66 years and been pulling stuff since my teens.  Have two boat on trailers in addition to the Tab 400.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I have towed boats/trailers and started out with a 1957 Kenskill 27’ trailer back in the 1970s.  The TaB is easy compared to the Kenskill.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ViajeroViajero Member Posts: 123
    60. Towing with Tesla model Y. 
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    67 and pulling a 320 for past seven years. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    edited March 2022
    It depends who’s driving.  I’m 61 and wife is 75. I’ve been towing since ‘75.  Started with ski-boats.  Had a military CDL.  My wife has been towing sailboats and RV trailers since ‘69.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    GherzigGherzig Member Posts: 99
    I am 72 and just retired from being mayor of an upstate NY city.  We just purchased a 2021 Tab 400 and a Ford Ranger.  I have had some experience towing my 22' Cape Dory sailboat -  but not far.  I see getting older as an advantage. The many mistakes made while younger provide warning flags to keep you safe every day. 
    2021 T@b 400 Boondock
           Oneonta, NY
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    I am 75 had 2 T@Bs now have a 2019 320. Have CDL and pilots licence. Had A  Winnebago with w/d and residential refrigerator for 10 years but love the Tab better! I never unhook it while traveling, don't cook so just pull it into restraunts and eat while watching it right out the restraunts window. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Wow, is 65 considered senior?  I thought it was the new "middle aged", lol.
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    78 and Tabbing.  Not a senior citizen yet but I keep threatening to make reservations in an old folks home when I become of age.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Passport 👍!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    To pile on @ScottG 's comment maybe a poll, which as he points out can be anonymous, could also pull in all ages of T@b owners (on this forum at least).  Those data points would be interesting to see what % of owners are in what age category. Obviously it wouldn't be too scientific since you wouldn't know how many owners don't respond to the poll, but would still be interesting.
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    jimrjjimrj Member Posts: 56
    I'm 75 and spouse is 77.  We began our trailer life in 2015 with a 15' Escape and have now graduated to a 320S.  
    Jim and Robin / 2021 320S / 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk / Oregon
  • Options
    MadCityJackMadCityJack Member Posts: 106
    edited March 2022
    I’m 72 and my spouse is 67.  Tent campers for years, we bought a used TAB 320 from a neighbor in November 2020.  We manage it together quite well with no major issues.  I upgraded my battery and installed a new housing for it in the front tub just yesterday—fun to do in retirement and a welcome respite from world news!  I purchased the materials for a twin bed modification and will be working on that soon.   What the future brings is an unknown but certain likelihoods increase as we age.  For me, this awareness increases my commitment to living fully and for me that includes camping.  I have to make lists, work smarter and plan more now, but I love it. I never thought to take a poll but reading the comments here have been inspirational!  BTW:  I never pulled more than a U-Haul once or twice before getting the TAB but my spouse pulled her Dad’s sailboat when she was a teen.  
    2017 T@B 320 Q Max 
    2018 Toyota Highlander, XLE  
    Wisconsin
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Will be 70 this year. Pulled a cargo trailer with a motorhome for several years up to last Spring. The T@B 320 is easy.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    AmyJoAmyJo Member Posts: 24
    I am 83 and pulling a 320S.  In the recent past I had a Chinook and before that pulled a Little Guy.  I have a friend who often camps with me and he will back it into the site if I beg him to.  I hate backing up.
    Sliver and white 2018 T@B 320S bought 10-21 in Sarasota, FL.  
  • Options
    KimmieGuyKimmieGuy Member Posts: 27
    53 here and envious of all of you older than me and doing this 😆 Tab320S here, love it, but it takes a lot of me… love that I’m starting earlyish! 🌈
  • Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 76
    2020 TAB 320S Boondock.  Age 82, I do the backing.  Much younger, She keeps it  between the white lines going ahead. Been a team 40 years. 
    Gig Harbor Tom
    2020 TAB 320 S Boondock Lite
    2019 Toyota 4 Runner
    Puget Sound Country
  • Options
    hustoncshustoncs Member Posts: 18
    @montanahope My wife and I are 66 and 65 respectively and we choose the TAB 400 because we wanted it to be easy and it is! Hope this helps Cheers
    2001 Toyota Sequoia || 2022 Tab 400 Boondock
  • Options
    OkpeteOkpete Member Posts: 15
    I know this may be personal but I’m trying to get an idea how many seniors are pulling tab 400s over the age 65?
    this is more about having a trailer that is easy and doable for us seniors
    Thanks

• Options
    OkpeteOkpete Member Posts: 15
    I’m 80/ wife 71. Towing 320s with maverick and so far, everything goes the way it’s pointed