Options

Have you ever "practice" camped in your T@B in your own driveway?

2»

Comments

• Options
    We followed it up by doing our first live run to a local city RV park, close to a Camping World.  We spent two days getting educated on all the different power plugs, water fittings, dump options.  Just admit you don't know anything, want to learn, and you'll do fine.  That was 10 years ago, and we have since been all over the country, several times.  Still using the gear we bought at that first outing.
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    lol "Camping World". How much did you spend?
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    Planning on it when we pick up the 320 in the spring. I want to figure all its features 1st before having to apply them,,,,

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• Options
    RadcatRadcat Member Posts: 20
    Lot of good ideas. On the flip side, there's the Captain Ron approach; "Anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there".

• Options
    madtroutmadtrout Member Posts: 56
    We love using our TAB400 as the world's most expensive microwave popcorn and movie night hangout. A good excuse to escape from our Jack Russell Terrier!
    2021 T@B400 Boondock
    2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Silver Spring, Maryland
  • Options
    mhyattmhyatt Member Posts: 6
    I would only drive way in a dire camping withdrawal emergency.  Besides, a shakedown cruise is more fun than hanging out in front of the house.
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    edited April 2021
    For giggles we tried out our bed mod by driveway camping last night. T@B is still winterized, so had to use home bathroom. It was in the low 20’s. Upon my second potty run, my wife had enough and we moved back into the house. The trailer passed the warm and comfy test, but lost out to common sense. We have a Harvest Host stay planned for next weekend.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
    With no manual or parts list, how else can one learn how to operate the Alde, A/C, power and charging and verify function?  Many folks find the cushions unworkable after a few nights.  Best to test at home first.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    There is a manual for each major appliance in the TaB, including the AC, Alde, radio, and power control center.  There is also an overview manual on the TaB, comes with every new TaB.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Having a 1 bedroom house we use our 400 as a guest space.  Especially since we have full hookups.  Often we will stay in the trailer and let our parents stay in the house!  Sometimes we stay in it even when we do not have guest!  It's just comfortable and fun!
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    I second that bergger!  Staying in the TaB every now and then is fun,
    Cheers
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    edited February 2022
    We did something similar to what @AnOldUR did last spring.  We wanted to test out how well the Alde performed "off-grid" when temps dipped into the teens.  Again the Alde was up to task but we lacked the common sense to return to a perfectly warm home before the sun rose.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    We haven’t driveway camped here at home, but when we sold our 1973 Shasta in 2005, our wire haired fox terrier and myself spent the last night of ownership in there.

With the recent surge in camper restoration, my wife said that would have been a good one to keep. But back then it was just an old camper.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    Cheryl13Cheryl13 Member Posts: 30
    When we first got our 2021 400, we spent the weekend in it in our driveway as our first 'trip'.  Second trip was a weekend in a state park a few hours away.  3rd trip was cross-country.  We figured we needed that first weekend to figure out how to live in it!
    2021 T@B 400
    2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Options
    Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    We spent a lot of time in it getting familiar with everything when we first received it. We had to wait for cushions so there was no sleeping. When we did get cushions we spent a night in it to make sure we slept comfortably. Then before we went on our first trip we spent the night in my father-in-law's driveway who only lives a few miles away. Finally in the fall when temps dropped I spent most of a night in it testing and tweaking the heat.

We've already rode out a passing storm in it and since it's parked by a tree where I have bird feeders, it make a great blind for bird watching. Seems whenever we need to open it up for something we end up spending some time in there. Probably should have spent some more time in there before our first trip this season because I forgot to put a couple unimportant things back in that I took out after last season.
    2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    During a long stint of Working From Home, I'd often move to our Tab for meetings and a change of venue.  It also gave me an opportunity to try out heat and other systems.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    The TaB makes a grand alternative space, to get away from everything…
    cheers 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    Last weekend we spent two nights in the 400 parked out back behind the house.  Got down to 25 degrees and we were comfy.  We probably spend 7-10 nights each year just sleeping in it at the house.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    edaletayloredaletaylor Member Posts: 12
    We did it several times, not to be prepared but because we wanted to!  lol
  • Options
    KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 96
    A daughter and grandkids are visiting this weekend. They get our room. We get the 400BD :):)
    73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT
  • Options
    CanyoneerCanyoneer Member Posts: 8
    Doing it as I type as we are getting our hardwood floors refinished.  We have the 320 Clamshell so we do get a lot of neighbors stopping by to check out the rig while we're cooking.