Options

Interesting Issue with Alde 3010 using Early release Digital Panel with 'Remote Pump Speed' Feature

This is Advanced Adle Operation Troubleshooting.

There is an interesting Tab Owners on Facebook discussion active now (late October 2022)
It appears the Original Poster has a Model 3010 with the early Digital Panel - - with very early user interface software - -

His unit has the inline circulation pump with Remote Control for Pump Flow Rate installed.
At this time he cannot, or no longer can, control the Pump Speed (flow rate).

Now it is not clear if this is a operator or system failure.

The Facebook Discussion has gotten quite interesting.
The attached PDF file has the most  interesting (to me) posts/comments.

This is a link to the facebook page/section  {{i think}}
However, the forum sometimes blocks links  . . . . .

enjoy
'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
Adventures:  52   Nights:  329  Towing Miles 41,900+

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,720
    Thanks for chiming in on that thread.  It went waaay over my head when the whole issue of where that extra wire was  and what it was all about.
    I asked about what was the build date of his 2016.  It looks like the early discussions of replacing the analog panel with the touchscreen were around Dec 2015.  One owner (Nomad? ) says he had one laying around for a few months but hadn't installed it.  Other owners in another thread said they were available in the NuCamp parts department and they could be ordered.
    Might be one of those NuCamp situations when they installed what they had, and let the various combos of parts go out the door.
    Here is the thread:

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 469
    Did FB post have a picture of the Alde circuit board ? The pictures I found on the web have a simple relay and no additional control connection. The control panel has a connection labeled "pump signal" but it's unclear if that is an input or output. Might be worthwhile investigating with a voltmeter. 

Nobody on the FB group or here has a 3010 with working remote control pump and can have a quick look where the white wire goes ? Note that the 3020 is different and has a single 4 pin connector (3 used) on the PCB. 
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,611
    Grumpy_G said:
    Did FB post have a picture of the Alde circuit board ?
    . . . control panel has a connection labeled "pump signal" but it's unclear if that is an input or output.
    FBook only has a picture of the PCB main connector area.

Can you provide a reference diagram/picture of the control panel with 'pump signal'?

However, at the Alde Main PCB level all I can find are two wire Pump Connections.
    There is no labelled 'pump signal' at the PCB - - - -

• Options
    MuttonChops said:

Can you provide a reference diagram/picture of the control panel with 'pump signal'?
    Page 22 in the "Alde Compact 3010 - Operating and Installation Instructions" manual from the Alde website. 

• Options
    Grumpy_G said:
    MuttonChops said:
    Page 22 in the "Alde Compact 3010 - Operating and Installation Instructions" manual from the Alde website.
    Okay, Thanks.  IMHO that is a 'red herring' as on Page 24 the only connection between the Digital Panel and the Adle PCB are +12v, Gnd, and two Bus Communication lines.

So my thought would be:
      A  )  The Pump Signal is used on non-3010/20 systems
      B  )   The Pump Signal is tied High/Low if the unit has a PWM Remote Control Pump.
              With the 'how to tie' not documented.

If " B " is the case . . . it should be a non-issue for the FBook Post as we assume at one time his system did have a working Digital Panel Pump Control.

• Options
    MuttonChops said:

Okay, Thanks.  IMHO that is a 'red herring' as on Page 24 the only connection between the Digital Panel and the Adle PCB are +12v, Gnd, and two Bus Communication lines.

True, but then there is nothing connected to that connector on page 22 either. In any case, some digging unearthed this: 

The cables are a little on the long side but I suppose one could whip up something custom or shorten a cable. 
  • Options
    @Grumpy_G ;  Well- Well

Good search, far better product description than I came across.
    "Connected to control panel to allow remote control . . ."
    with really long wires.

Now is that the pump & wiring the FBook guy has or something different?
  • Options
    Artie101Artie101 Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2022
    Hi All,
    I just came across your discussion here and thank you for having it.  I'm the "Fbook guy." still trying to figure this out.  I have a 2016 T@B 320S Outback Edition.
    I bought it used and do not know the original owner to ask about this.
    In the photo below is where the wires connect to my Alde PCB.  That white wire with a dual connector attached is what is coming out of the "Inline circulation pump - remote controlled" pump.
    I've been wondering about that connector that says "Control Panel".  The 2 slots on the left side are vacant and can accommodate this plug but I cannot find out what they are for, if anything.
    I really know nothing about this stuff.
    May be an image of text that says Listed forms to ansi 21 13 fied to CSA ents mer es Control panel Ingrepp panna Nr fordoneti SE innan frskvatten GB domestic risk MPa Nur Demontage Abdec nicht DE Sie bitte die Betriebsanw
    This is the pump...
    No photo description available
    White wire is coming out but hard to see in this photo.
    This is a photo of the inside of the pump...
    No photo description available
    and this is my control panel...
    May be an image of indoor and text that says  225 Off Off  Off Off On
    I wrote to nuCamp and got this response:
    "Unfortunately, myself and tech are not familiar with this particular Alde pump, we do not use the remote control version so we're wondering if this was an aftermarket install. At this point, I suggest reaching out to Truma (Alde) https://truma.net/contact-us and see if they can offer more info on this particular pump."
    I've been communicating with Truma about this with 3 different people.  The first 2 could not offer any answers.  The 3rd person asked me to send photos on Oct 31st and said he would look at it and call me back.  I sent the photos right away but he never called me back (I'm going to call him tomorrow).
    If any of you have any insight on this, I'd really appreciate hearing it :)
    Thanks.

• Options
    @Artie101 ;
    I do not believe the 10-pin connector J14 Control Panel is the correct place to install the 'White Wire' from your pump.  The Model 3010 {North America} owners manual defines the J14 circuits:

Pin 9 & 10 are labeled as Not In Use.
    Also as @Grumpy_G found that style pump can have very long cables. . . . Long enough to reach the Control Panel.  And the control panel 3010 613 does appear to have a two pin connector location - " B " - for the White Wire.
    nuCamp trailers have never used the 'remote pump signal' feature.  So it seems more likely that an earlier owner installed your pump with what was available on-line at the time and not with a typical nuCamp build pump.

If you are brave, you could try running a wire from the White Wire to the Panel - " B " - pin and see if operation changes.

Initially I guessed the PUMP PWM control did not require another wire.  However seeing the cable length options and control panel - " B " - connector I've shifted to suspecting the control panel must be directly connected to the White Wire.

• Options
    Artie101Artie101 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you very much MuttonChops.  I really appreciate the information,  I will try running a wire as you suggest and keep my fingers crossed.  I'll let you know how it goes.