Options

Some help with measurements ..... 320 - Done, THANKS ! .

B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 188
edited January 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades
Hi again all , 
Have a big favor to ask from anyone who has the time , and is willing ........ need some measurements . 
Looking for the measurements for the rear cushion set in a 320 . I know the overall width is approx 70" , and length approx 72" , maybe 6" high for the cushion set when in bed mode. I am looking for the individual measurements of each cushion , if at all possible from someone who is willing . 
1. Folding backrest - width x length/height   
2. Rear seat - width x length (2 pieces) 
3. side seat - width x length 
3. side seat backrest - width x length 
4. distance between side seat opening when in dinette mode - width x length . 
( do not need measurements from the odd shaped corner piece) . 

Why you ask ???? 
Well we sold our 2019 320 recently and we still miss it immensely . We purchased a Ford Transit  that we are in the process of converting into an adventure/travel camper van and I am looking to build , close to the exact same bed/dinette set up that was in our 320, in the back of or Ford Transit . Its such a perfect, well engineered set-up that we would like to use it in a slightly different application . Our available width and length is very close to the tab 320 set-up that I think it will work out perfect . 

Anyone have the time and is bored enough to help me out, lol ? 

Thanks again ! 
2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Would be happy to!  Give me about an hour to wake up and take the measurements.  I have a 2016 Outback it that matters to your project.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Tabaz said:
    Would be happy to!  Give me about an hour to wake up and take the measurements.  I have a 2016 Outback it that matters to your project.
    Thanks Tabz ! 
    Honestly , there is NO rush at all . Still in the planning / mockup stages , and putting all the pieces together . Thanks , as always for your willing to help another (prior, in my case, lol ) T@B owner ! 

Was seriously considering getting a T@G , but we are really going for ease of traveling, and didn't want to be towing anything on longer (multi thousand mile) trips . 

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    Probably not what you're looking for, but I removed the folding back bench seat from my 2020 320S. It's got the hinge hardware and wood backed cushions. It's about 70" wide. Suppose it could be used in a van conversion. If it's something you're interested in, let me know.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    AnOldUR said:
    Probably not what you're looking for, but I removed the folding back bench seat from my 2020 320S. It's got the hinge hardware and wood backed cushions. It's about 70" wide. Suppose it could be used in a van conversion. If it's something you're interested in, let me know.
    Thanks for the offer ! If you had the whole set, I would loved to have used them . I was following your interior conversion when you did it, and it came out really nice ! The T@B seats worked out much better than the dog beds (unfortunately for my needs, as I could have used your whole interior cusions ! lol) . 

• Options

Here ya go.  All cushions are 5" thick.
  • Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH , Tabz ! 
    This is exactly what I was looking for ! I can not tell you how useful this will be for our conversion ! Wish I could have just run out and measured our 320, but sadly that ship has sailed ........still missing it ! Should have kept it , mistakes were made , #dumb idea to sell , lol . 
    Thanks again for your VERY quick help here , and very detailed , THANKS ! 

On a side note : If anyone has an entire cushion set out of a 320s , hit me up ! 

• Options
    edited January 2022
    B0atguy said:
    If you had the whole set, I would loved to have used them.
    Yeah, reworking the side bench seat cushions looked much better.
    Too bad the rear ones won't work for you, I'd love to get them out of my basement. =)

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Hmmm , let me think on that a bit AnOldUR ! Looks like you have Sofitel model seats, so they would be the vinyl cushion set correct ? 

Edit : Looks like you are about 2.5 hours away from me (Central PA) , but I am sure my wife wouldn't object to taking a day trip to Ikea in Conshohocken , lol . Hmmmm .......

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    B0atguy said:
    Wish I could have just run out and measured our 320, but sadly that ship has sailed ........still missing it ! Should have kept it , mistakes were made , #dumb idea to sell , lol 
    As someone literally looking at vans (again) this weekend, would love to hear why you think it was dumb to sell your 2019. Like you, I *really* don’t want to be towing on long trips!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    BoatGuy - The back (vertical) cushions that go against the side walls on the driver and passenger side are actually only 4" thick.  I don't use them, so they're in a bag for storage, hence the prior incorrect measurement.  The long back cushion (70") is 5" thick.
  • Options
    B0atguy said:
    Looks like you have Sofitel model seats, so they would be the vinyl cushion set correct ?
    Showing my nuCamp ignorance, but had to Google what the Sofitel model was. We bought our T@B used and didn't see that description anywhere. Regardless, yes the cushions are vinyl. The tops are beige and the sides/bottom are brown. (color blind, so don't quote me on that)
    I'm sure my wife could be talked into a trip to Ikea also. :s:o

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    AnOldUR said:
    B0atguy said:
    Looks like you have Sofitel model seats, so they would be the vinyl cushion set correct ?
    Showing my nuCamp ignorance, but had to Google what the Sofitel model was. We bought our T@B used and didn't see that description anywhere. Regardless, yes the cushions are vinyl. The tops are beige and the sides/bottom are brown. (color blind, so don't quote me on that)

@AnOldUR From the pics you’ve shown us, your trailer isn’t a Sofitel, it just has the upgraded cushions, which were an available option for a while.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    VictoriaP said:
    B0atguy said:
    Wish I could have just run out and measured our 320, but sadly that ship has sailed ........still missing it ! Should have kept it , mistakes were made , #dumb idea to sell , lol 
    As someone literally looking at vans (again) this weekend, would love to hear why you think it was dumb to sell your 2019. Like you, I *really* don’t want to be towing on long trips!
    Well, maybe not dumb, but we sure do miss it . We just came to grips that it was just more than we wanted to tow for long distances . We live on the right hand side of the country and LOVE the left hand side. With a dog, we have reserved ourself to driving . Towing a trailer (of any kind) just throws more stress into the equation for long distance travel . We want easy basically . This will not be a full timing / sleep in it all the time van . Just a tool to get us where we want to go in comfort, and have the ability to overnight in it , on the fly/road, at state/national parks from time to time and such . 
    We have a larger RV for our easy east coast trips (heading to Disneys Fort Wilderness in 2 weeks!).  But our longer multi thousand mile trips we prefer to just jump in and go , basically as least stress and enjoy the ride type of travel . Be able to pull in to any gas station / rest area ,etc, and NOT have to use the "tractor trailer" side will be a lot nicer way to travel . Ability to go through drive throughs , or come and go wherever we want (National /state parks) with no "trailer / RV restrictions will be nice. 
    Still miss the T@B though ........ so much so, that our goal is to make the inside of our van very close to a T@B 320 bed set-up . 

If you are looking for a van , let me know if you have any questions . There is a reason why we choose a Ford Transit (and we looked at them all !) 

• Options
    edited January 2022
    AnOldUR said:
    B0atguy said:

VictoriaP said:
    AnOldUR said:
    B0atguy said:

@AnOldUR From the pics you’ve shown us, your trailer isn’t a Sofitel, it just has the upgraded cushions, which were an available option for a while.
     Yes, it does not appear to be a Sofitel Model 320, but does have (had, lol)  the Sofitel cushions for some reason. Like VictoriaP said, it was prob an option or custom order.  

• Options
    Tabaz said:
    BoatGuy - The back (vertical) cushions that go against the side walls on the driver and passenger side are actually only 4" thick.  I don't use them, so they're in a bag for storage, hence the prior incorrect measurement.  The long back cushion (70") is 5" thick.
    Thanks for the update Tabz ! 

• Options
    B0atguy said:
    Thanks for the update Tabz ! 
    I think that all the foam is the same 4" thick. The difference being that the bottom cushions are backed by a thick piece of wood, but the upright cushion are not.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    You are probably correct AnOldUR, the actual foam may be only 4" thick.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You might be able to order the cushion set from nüCamp via a dealer?
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Denny16 said:
    You might be able to order the cushion set from nüCamp via a dealer?
    Cheers 
    I thought about that, but I am afraid of what the price (and dealer up-charge !) would be ! lol .
    I can just have my upholstery guy make me a set when I get all the measurements ready . Would really like to see if I can acquire the factory Ford charcoal cloth interior that my transit has. That might be a tough find though Will  have to see if my upholstery guy can source it , or get it really close.  

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Sounds like a plan, good luck.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Forgot to give some updates on my "project" . Has been stalled a bit lately , still have more to go . Have to finish the hidden porta potty cabinet behind the drivers seat , and have to install the Lagun table as well . Also a "shillowcase" for the bed as a topper for sleeping. Here are some pictures of the "320S" style interior custom made in our Ford transit. Cushions were custom upholstered by a good friend who owns an upholstery shop . We tried to match the original Ford fabric as best as possible and went with a very durable yet comfortable tweed in a darker grey . Matches ok. Even found the "Click/Clack" rear backrest adjusters that NuCamp uses . All the woodwork was done by myself . Some people say it resembles a boat cabin , lol . Wont see it in the pictures , but the kitchen is in the rear of the van , much like a 320CS or Tag . 
    Anyway , thanks to all who helped with the measurements . It was a big help !

Sorry , one of the pictures is sideways , lol .