Options

Alde hot water leak

2»

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    edited June 2017
    The tube is silver color. I can see the black collar but no sign of any threads or brass nut. My trailer was built March 2016. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Photomom said:
    The tube is silver color. I can see the black collar but no sign of any threads or branut. My trailer was built March 2016. 
    If you push the black ring back into the red fitting which is spring loaded you should be able to see the brass fitting that screws into the tank.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    TowingTipsyTowingTipsy Member Posts: 19
    Up date on the leak. It was not the plastic "T" O ring that is dripping. It's the threads on the brass fitting that screws into the Alde tank. Very strange the threads are not tapered as with US plumbing fittings. I am able to screw in brass fitting all the way to the shoulder with no resistance. There is no washer or seal. Even with teflon tape water can pass the threads. Apparently they use some sort of sealant on the threads. When I first removed the brass fitting it was very tight And there was some sort of  residue in the threads. Since I don't want the threads to be bonded permanently I am trying silicon on the threads. I also installed an O ring to shoulder. If this doesn't stop the drip I will contact Alde.
    What was the final outcome? I have this issue with my 2015S and am trying to troubleshoot.  I was assuming/hoping it was the O Rings.  My cold water connection is leaking pretty good, I tried stuffing a towel during my trip and it wasn't enough, so I have to fix this before I go out again.

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @TowingTipsy @Dalehelman has sold his t@b but stops by the forum. I'm hoping he sees this mention and gets you an answer. He was one of the most accomplished t@b 320 trailer modifiers/repairmen we've ever had here.

@Dalehelman are you listening?

An alternative is @Grumpy_G who seems pretty knowledgeable himself and should be able to check and see what was done as he now owns @Dalehelman's trailer.

Good luck.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Wow that’s going back a few years. My memory is a little weak on that particular issue. If I remember right the silicone on the threads and the o ring did the trick. Be careful not to over tighten and squeeze the o ring out of place. If that didn’t work I would probably havefollow up with a better solution. I’m still out here and tune in once in awhile. I must say there are many times I miss our T@b, but finding camp sites just required too much planning ahead. Our Tug boat gives us the ability to go at a moments notice. Unfortunately the Range Tug forum is just not very active. I guess that’s why I check in from time to time. You all are the greatest.

1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    Looking good @Dalehelman!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Dalehelman thanks so much for your response and thrilled you check in from time to time. We miss your modifications and solutions.

Also glad the tug provides such enjoyment and secretly hoping you'll be a t@b owner again someday. Much love and admiration!

-Jim & Denise 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Great to see you, @Dalehelman, and your Loan Ranger - Nice!
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods