Options

T@B 2020 and Older Cutting Boards/Sink Covers

JcKehoeJcKehoe Member Posts: 5
edited June 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades
I need some help with knowing what years the sink cover cutting boards were supplied with the T@B's prior to 2021. 

I have Etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/KehoeKrafts). I have new boards for the the models made between 2021 to present and replacement boards for what originally came with T@B's prior to 2021. When did the T@B's come with a cutting board sink cover? The only resource I have now is pictures searched in the used market. The problem is, the original boards more than likely were warped, fell apart or got tossed because they were used. Therefore, they didn't get resold with the camper or shown in the listing pictures. I have a rough estimate of 2012.

To accurately place a description for these boards, I would really appreciate a history lesson on when the T@B's started supplying a sink cover cutting board upon purchase of the trailer prior to 2021.

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    I own a 2017 320S and still have my original T@b cutting board. It’s still in great shape, never has warped. Let me know if you need more info about it. I’m not sure when they started coming with Tabs, but my guess is 2011/2012. Just a hunch though!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    I also have a 2017, a Sofitel model. It came with the cutting board which I immediately removed and packed away. The Sofitel models have different sinks than the standard models. I believe standard sinks have the drain to the side and a slight rise above countertop height. For the Sofitel the drain hole is in the sink center and the sink is flush with the countertop.

This is probably more complicated than you think because there are also Tabitha models out there too with different kitchen sinks than standard.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    2017 offered a tempered glass lid for the sinks in different flavors. That year also brought back the open sink with a cutting board. That same board had the same dimensions of the previous years and the the years after. 

2017 was a transition year where NuCamp decided to construct the campers themselves instead of hiring the help of Little Guy.

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    JcKehoe said:

2017 was a transition year where NuCamp decided to construct the campers themselves instead of hiring the help of Little Guy.

This isn't exactly correct. There have been only two manufacturers of the T@B in the US. The first was Dutchman and the second was Pleasant Valley. Initially the Pleasant Valley-manufactured T@Bs were marketed by Little Guy. Then Little Guy decided it was going to make its own teardrop trailers. So then Pleasant Valley began selling T@Bs under the NuCamp name. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Back on track. Neither company made the boards. The boards didn't change even when the sink did. 

Pop Quiz: When did the boards begin?
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @JcKehoe Pleasant Valley-nüCamp always manufactured the t@b trailers after purchase from Dutchman/Thor. Little Guy never built nor assisted in the build of tab trailers. They were a marketing (arm)company only. The separation of the co-venture had Pleasant Valley continue building tabs and Little Guy begin building and marketing their own trailers. 2017 was not a transition year but a continuation of the manufacture by Pleasant Valley. The same owner who began building tabs in a garage 10-11 years ago is still present in today's process.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    JcKehoe said:
    Back on track. Neither company made the boards. The boards didn't change even when the sink did. 

Pop Quiz: When did the boards begin?
    I'm pretty sure that Pleasant Valley made the boards in house. They had (have) plenty of woodworkers. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,434
    Here's mine from 2015. I've never used it, but tonight I pulled it out from the cabinet depths for this photo.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited June 2023
    I just want to know when the cutting boards started accompanying the trailer. I have a Pleasant Valley T@G haha. 
  • Options
    JcKehoe said:
    I just want to know when the cutting boards started accompanying the trailer. I have T@G haha. 
    A quick search of the forum turns up October 2014 as the earliest mention.

If you really need an answer to this question I would suggest contacting NuCamp.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    From what I know now and what I can honestly say, whilst upholding the integrity that I strive for, I'm going to list them as a dimensionally fit board that dates back to 2014. I believe it would be appropriate to describe 2017 as the year of the glass.