Options

New full size spare for T@B 400 BDL

One more question on this general topic.  Thanks for your patience.

Has anyone purchased and used the rim at this website?  It sure looks like the originals on my 400 BDL!  Thanks for any insight.

https://trailersetgo.com/store/thoroughbred-15x5-5-lug-black-aluminum-trailer-wheel

Comments

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    That probably is the correct rim, that dealer is the aftermarket dealer for the OEM tires for sure, I ordered a set of the Boondock tires from them.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    I would double check your current wheels. Mine (2019) appear to be Matte Black rather than Glossy Black. And for some reason, they only carry the Matte Black complete with the tire, they don’t seem to sell that wheel individually. (Which is fine if you need a matching tire, not so much if your plan is to change from the factory tires.)
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @VictoriaP, and others who may be interested, I recently ordered this replacement wheel from "trailersetgo.com," because the original was inadvertently damaged by a tire dealer.

Although the website appears to only offer the wheel with a clearcoat (glossy) finish, immediately after submitting my online order I wrote to their Customer Service to find out if I could get it in the matte finish.  I received a quick response, which advised, "Yes, we do have stock of this wheel in the matte black/machine."  The rep included a photo (see below) to confirm it was what I needed.  It was, so they shipped it out immediately and I received it in four days, just as promised.  Great service!

@VictoriaP, thanks for noting what you did about the wheel appearance.  I made a note of that when you first posted it, so I was prepared before ordering and am very happy that I was able to obtain a matching wheel.

SIDE NOTE:  I am replacing my original Rainier Apex tires (ST 235/75R15) with the Goodyear Endurance (ST 225/75R15.)  For unknown reasons, my local Goodyear dealer was unable to get the tire off one of the wheels.  One of their machines actually broke when they were trying to remove the tire, which is what caused the damage to the outer rim of the aluminum wheel.  Unfortunately, they had a brand new trainee (first day on the job) trying to remove it.  I could see that he was really struggling with it.  However, even a more experienced employee (the Service Manager) said he could not get the wheel off with a separate machine that he said is more "gentle" with aluminum wheels.  Nobody else on this forum has reported a similar experience, so maybe it just wasn't my lucky day.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    @Bayliss Good to know you can still get replacement wheels! Please update us on how you like the Endurance, I’m leaning towards those as well.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    edited July 2023
    @Bayliss
    Yes, please let us know how the Endurance 225/75 15 works out.
    Also, found some more info on the wheel...which seems to have a max PSI rating of 75PSI - Just something to keep in mind with the Load Range E 80PSI MAX tire. According to Goodyear, 50PSI is still the correct inflation for a 2150 load...just as with the Ranier Apex.
    https://shop.redneck-trailer.com/p-6220-tredit-15-x-5-aluminum-wheel-545-thoroughbred-series-black-wh155-5a-thb.aspx
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited July 2023
    @ChrisFix and @VictoriaP, see my response to @ChrisFix's specific question about the Goodyear Endurance here:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/16656/2023-boondock-tires#latest
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)