Options

Ultimate Toys--Camper

jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 135
I am eagerly awaiting the completion and delivery of my Ultimate Toys Camper (Modified TAB 320S CS). 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLvkWsiXkXE
I was wondering if there are any other owners of this trailer on the forum?
Cheers!
Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
Volvo XC-40
SF Bay Area, California

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Interesting, I like the minimalist rear galley area with a grill built in, and normal full galley inside, a CS and CS-S combined.  This adds to the TaB line, with another layout option.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    I really like the woody graphics and moon wheels, where can I get the graphics? You will have a ball with that! Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    I'm super excited!  The 'woody' is the one I have on order
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    Brian56Brian56 Member Posts: 13
    Hi @jbajor, we purchased the Ultimate Toysd teardrop back in August and are loving it. Dropping it off at the dealer this weekend for some warranty work. Just little things we discovered when out camping in it, nothing major. Mayeb we should start a thread for those of us that have one. I know I've discovered things about it that are different than the T@B 320. I think it may have self-adjusting breaks for example (no adjustment port on the back of the drum). I'm going to ask the dealer when I drop it off. The lack of documentation on it is a but frustrating, but no where near the level to make me doubt our purchase. It would be good to hear from otehr owners things they may have discovered.
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Dallas, TX Area
  • Options
    Congrats on your camper!  We love everything about it. I would love to swap stories!   Oh boy does it attract a crowd!   Between a real bed (length) and the extra kitchen in the rear I cannot imagine having anything else!  We have done a few mods that we love too.  Cheers and enjoy!
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    Welcome to the group.  UT owners are a very small subset of the T@B family and sort of "the red headed step child".  Lots of subtle differences as well as different  heating and hot water systems.  Still the wonderful quality and support NuCamp is know for...
    We've come from many years with a 2009 T@B CS built by Dutchman before NuCamp took over the brand in the US.  With that trailer, there were also many differences from the new T@Bs being built by NuCamp (Pleasant Valley Trailers at that time). 
    We're very happy with the updates and added room of the UT.  I've made a few modifications and added accessories to accommodate our well established CS travel style.  

Have fun...
    Bob

• Options
    @jbajor and @rfuss928 please share the mods you've made. Looking for ideas!
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Dallas, TX Area
  • Options
    mods/additions:  Teak floor in bath, replaced main kitchen sink faucet (sprays, pivots and pulls out), added plug in on tub for solar suitcase, misc shelves and hooks for storage, apple TV on 110 v (pure sine wave) inverter, quick release for water inlet, Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller, and lots of gizmos and gadgets... (including bluetooth 'leveler,' lights, BAL leveler, Trailer Dolly).  let me know if you want details on any of the above. Such an awesome camper!!!  
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    edited March 15
    Most of the ideas for the 320S and CS modifications and accessories are directly applicable to the UT.  Also, searching "Ultimate Toys" will bring up the existing discussions.
    These are the significant modifications I've done so far.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/17094/cs-galley-peninsula#latest

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/199213#Comment_199213

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/202823#Comment_202823

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/17065/motion-sensor-step-light#latest

Have fun!
    Bob

• Options
    edited March 15
    @jbajor thanks! I do have BAL leveler, but have never had to use it. I still bring it along because some day... Also have the Prodigy RF (sp we can easily switch between TVs). I put a removeable closet rod in the bath so we have some space to hang things. Have never used the shower since we primarily stay at parks, and maybe never will. Nice to have the option though! I'd like to put a pull-out drawer for the Yeti. It's just really difficult to get it in and out becasue fot eh non-slip pads. We take it out on-site and use the space for storage. I haven't gotten around to any serious searching yet for one that would fit though. Where have you added shelves?  Also, what faucet did you get?
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Dallas, TX Area
  • Options
    @rfuss928 Thanks for the link to the pensula mod. I saw that pic, but not the mod discussion. That's definitely on the list! Where did you get the counter top? Also interested in the step light mod. It bothers me too that's it's always on!
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Dallas, TX Area
  • Options
    Brian56
    The peninsula counter top is the original Lagun table top that came with the trailer.  I made a different top with fold out leaves and used the base plate.  I don't see any reason it couldn't be added to the top with the base still in place.
    The step light was very easy.  The motion light is still working well.
    Have fun!

• Options
    Here is the faucet I swapped out for with the interior sink.  Original is still in the back

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092YSBW7X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got an Omnia oven to be able to bake (fresh cinnamon rolls!) in the camper.  I have not had a chance to try it out yet.

Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    @jbajor thanks for the faucet info. That looks great! Here's a picture of a custom wood cutting board I had made to fit the sinks.
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Dallas, TX Area
  • Options
    Oh baby!  Where can I get one (two)?
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    Let me get some info and I'[ll get back to you.
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Dallas, TX Area
  • Options
    edited March 20
    Here's the info if you're interested. Here's the website. The guy who made mine is Scot Sheppard. His email is lovingsdesigns@gmail.com. I paid $120 for the one I did. They will work with you to decide on what color of wood you'd like and the design of the board. I'm very happy with the one they did for our camper.

Ultimate Toys Teardrop
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Dallas, TX Area
  • Options
    I've seen occasional references to the UTs being discontinued. Anyone heard of anything on this? Doesn't really bother me since it's supported by nuCamp. Might even bump up the resale a little (not that I'm even thiking of selling).
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Dallas, TX Area
  • Options
    I have not heard that...  Still on their website.  It would be a shame to discontinue as it is a superb product.  We could market the heck out of it for them!!!  I now that some dealers (nuCamp) in California have alot of animosity towards it!
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California