Drooping lagun table

Our table is "drooping" - it's not level and tightening the levers doesn't seem to make any difference. The joint is loose - I can hold the table where it is level but it won't stay that way.  Is there something in the joint that we've messed up and need to fix? Anything I can do myself? The picture is outside mount but it does the same thing inside.

Thank you!
DeAnne
------------
2021 T@B 320CS-S
2016 Chevy Colorado

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,679
    Take a look under the table top.  Anything loose or bent?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • FreespiritFreespirit Member Posts: 157
    @dluck, the picture kind of shows the table is not seated all the way down on the top spindle. You may have to jiggle the table a little to get it to sit flat. I have that issue with my table. 
    2020 TAB 320 U
    TV 2022 Highlander
  • Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 428
    edited June 2
    Hi, Agree with @Freespirit,

Look closely at the circled area in the picture and double check the horizontal arm is seated on the vertical spindle, hopefully that's it...best wishes

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,339
    edited June 2
    Agree with @Sharon_is_SAM. The bushing should be seated all the way over the sleeve. It's sometimes hard to get it all the way down. Be sure the clamping lever is not tight. Twisting back and forth can help.

edit to say how slow I am at snipping and editing a picture. Everyone beat me to it. =)

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• kevmonkevmon Member Posts: 34
    Glad you all caught this. I was going to ask if trailer was level 😝 
    2023 T@B 320
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee 
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,689
    The Plastic Bushing of the Arm have failed on mine several times.
    The Bushing can be purchased from Lagun - - real pain to remove/install.

Lagun claims the table can remain 'up' while traveling however that has not been my experience.

A short term quick fix might be to flip the arm around . . moving bad bushing to under table. That way the bad bushing only has vertical weight, no cantilever effect.

Picture of my bad bushing before replacement . . note how the clamp is very tight but there is a gap between the center post and bushing side wall.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  53   Nights:  334  Towing Miles 42,600+
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,339
    edited June 2
    To add to what @MuttonChops wrote, two other things that I've done were to slit the bushing with a saw so that it collapses further and to remove the black plastic end cap. Both these things make it easier for the clamping action to work.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• dluckdluck Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, everyone! It just wasn't seated correctly and once I knew what to look for it was an easy fix. Hooray for collective wisdom!

-DeAnne