Options

Condensation Issues

2»

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    My MaxAirII mounts that way to the fan frame but has hinges on one side and pull pins on the other so you can either tilt it up to clean or easily take off.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Speaking of which...I "lost"my fantastic fan lid (don't have aeroflow cover) on a carport that was .5 inch too low.  I have ordered a replacement FF lid.  Tips for install? (besides a tall ladder) or advice (check my clearance better, I know, I know)?
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Speaking of which...I "lost"my fantastic fan lid (don't have aeroflow cover) on a carport that was .5 inch too low.  I have ordered a replacement FF lid.  Tips for install? (besides a tall ladder) or advice (check my clearance better, I know, I know)?

Verna said:
    KyBawpaw said:
    PXLated - Will the vent cover you use attach above the Fantastic Fan that's on my T@B or do I need one that's made for mine? I remember you said you had it installed in just a few minutes. Does it require some drilling and screws to install it? I can do that if needed..have to find a place to be above the roof or scaffolds. I don't think I want to put much of my 200 lbs on the roof, :-)
    @KyBawpaw, I was able to install mine with an extension ladder against the side with a heavy quilt between the ladder and the T@B. If you don't have two extension ladders, you'll need to move the one from side to side. It really is a simple process, although it may take a while to complete. Make sure the vent cover is straight, side to side, front to back, use a pencil to mark 4 holes on the lip of the vent, drill the 4 holes, attach the vent cover using the included hardware. There is no need to get on top of the T@B...just safely reach to the vent from each side. 
    Sally, here's my instructions and cautions. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I know what I can get you for Christmas now Sally...  You will hear a small beeping noise (similar to the ones in cars) from the dashboard of your car that will alert you for that roof vent clearance.    ;)

Hey, don't feel bad as I had a friend who drove into her garage with kayaks on the roof of her SUV!   :o
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Thanks Verna. It was the hand-crank up and down 14x14 plastic lid that "lost its way" (impalled in the car port roof) pictures to follow someday, and not an elevated aftermarket vent cover, but the advice for dealing with an issue on the roof is useful.  Ladder(s), padding, careful leaning, coming at it from both sides as appropriate.  Will do.

Mike, Kayaks = much worse for sure.  I use to worry going through drive-throughs with the SS with regard to clearance side to side.  I am now super careful with the the T@B with the added height.  It was a fluke thing, not a head-on dinger and not in a drive through either.  Bring on the warning alarm install, I deserve it.  Lesson learned.  

Camping for 5 days seeing the sky through the FF in 40 degree rainy weather made me become very creative with garbage bags/tape, interior drain channels, noise reducing drip receptacles inside the T@B, etc.  Luckily the guts of the fan suffered no damage despite get rained on and being submerged in pooling water for quite a long time.

i will say that when I finally got cold enough to fire up the Alde, it had me TOO hot (coming up through the bed cushions beneath me) within a half hour.  First time using the Alde for heat, zero complaints here!

Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Sally, at least you were luckier than these guys!  =)   :o

https://youtu.be/JsAlzV4qSD8?t=5
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Thanks for the info on the Maxxair ll.  Upon looking it up to order, we found out it comes in a silver color which we ordered.  I also plan to convert all four attachment points to pull pins, so we can remove it, when putting in our storage unit.
  • Options
    Dave28Dave28 Member Posts: 40
     I carefully sat on the roof of my TAB-S while drilling holes into the vent flashing to install a black Camco Aero-Flo roof vent cover. The Fantastic Fan cover does not completely extend open inside of the Aero-Flo. 
  • Options
    It doesn't extend 100% in the MaxAir either.
  • Options
    Dave28 said:
     I carefully sat on the roof of my TAB-S while drilling holes into the vent flashing to install a black Camco Aero-Flo roof vent cover. The Fantastic Fan cover does not completely extend open inside of the Aero-Flo. 
    How much do you weigh if you don't mind sharing. I am scared to even lean on the roof...
  • Options
    I didn't install mine but I was able to get on a ladder, lean over without any problem (I'm short), take it off and clean it. So, I'm pretty sure I could have installed it by leaning in.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks. I will give it a go.  I am actually having to swap out the lid and hinge of the fantastic fan itself, not installing the vent cover, but it sounds as though I should be able to reach over far enough.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks. I will give it a go.  I am actually having to swap out the lid and hinge of the fantastic fan itself, not installing the vent cover, but it sounds as though I should be able to reach over far enough.
    Sally, I think you're a bit taller tha me. You can reach over from a ladder because I did. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I used the UltraBreeze and my fan cover opens all the way. I chose this over the MaxAir (still a good product) because of a youtube video someone else pointed out to me (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fhkbl_1yQ). Could be all hype, but it was *very* easy to install (like the MaxAir) and at 5'6", I installed it from an 8 ft A-frame ladder by myself. Moving the ladder took the longest time. I've been very pleased with the results. On another note, the inside plastic that is attached by 4 screws on the fantastic fan has cracked in one corner where the screw is located. I superglued the plastic, but I doubt it's going to stay. Guess I need to do a warranty claim. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I used the Aeroflo cover on my former Silver Shadow trailer and now the T@B unit without any operational/efficiency issues.  You really don't ever fully deploy the vent cover anyway so it's not an issue.  And for me personally, I never liked the looks of the larger/bulkier looking covers either so it was a good fit finding the Aeroflo cover.
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    I used the Aeroflo cover on my former Silver Shadow trailer and now the T@B unit without any operational/efficiency issues.  You really don't ever fully deploy the vent cover anyway so it's not an issue.  And for me personally, I never liked the looks of the larger/bulkier looking covers either so it was a good fit finding the Aeroflo cover.
    I agree completely.
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    I can't recall ever opening my vent all the way so for most, whatever vent floats your boat works. 
  • Options
    StephensharpStephensharp Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Just received my aero-flo vent cover and am looking at installation procedure on my 2016 tab s max. My fantastic fan base doesn't allow me to get to the nuts when using the machine screws so I am forced to use the self tapping screws which don't seem as the best alternative to attach. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Steve (Dream Catcher)

• Options
    edited September 2016
    @Stephensharp, I drove 25,000 miles in my Silver Shadow Teardrop and over 8,000 miles in my T@B with my Aero Flo vent cover brackets attached with screws to the flange and  L brackets to the cover itself with absolutely no problems. Trust the instructions. It took me longer to to think about attaching it, than to actually attach it. Sometimes I tend to overthink......
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Some manufacturers also recommend "lapseal" (found at local RV stores) in the holes for water proofing. Great stuff and not as messy as silicone or latex caulk. I am caulking impaired and need an entire roll of paper towels (wet paper towels, dry ones, grocery bags for spillage.... it's an entire mess!) :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Ratkity, you are supposed to put the caulk on what you are working on first, not yourself, then the project. You just have it backwards! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I'm a paint and caulk magnet, I tell ya. Doesn't matter where I want it... it sticks to me like glue! Speaking of which, I'm also superglue impaired....