Options

Lagun Style table mount with table for under $75.00

Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
edited December 2015 in Modifications & Upgrades

I like the Lagun table mounting system, except for two things, the high price just for the mount with no table and you still have a post in the middle of your bench. We have been using a fold up table and it works fine, but I wanted something that was there when you need it and out of the way when you don’t. So here is what I did in my T@B Max S. I used a Barkan Flat panel TV mount model #34F which can support 77lbs ($50.00) and the top from a Mainstay folding table I was using from Walmart ($15.00), and some hardware ( under $10.00).The hardest part to this whole process is you will need to reinforce the wall below the TV, there is a piece of ½” plywood in the wall at the bottom of the  hole where the TV mounts and behind the support rail for the bench at the bottom of the wall. The wall between the two is just paneling. If you like this idea and need more detail on how I did the install send me an email for more information.

Thanks, Shawn

Comments

• Options
    elmeauxelmeaux Member Posts: 44
    This looks pretty darn cool! How hard is it to remove the table top if you needed all your space free?

2016 M@x S Sofitel - The T@bahoula
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Cool - looks like it swings around so you can use it as extra counter space while cooking.
  • Options

the table can be removed, if needed with one screw, and yes it does swing around and could be used as extra counter space.

• Options
    elmeauxelmeaux Member Posts: 44
    Ah, when I saw the post earlier only the first three pictures loaded. I didn't realize you could stash it out of the way vertically. Nice job!

2016 M@x S Sofitel - The T@bahoula
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    edited December 2015
    I love the stow ability. Can you elaborate on the pivoting of the table top. Where did you source the tv mount?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    The TV mount came from Menards, if you don't have them in your area, its like a Home Depot or Lowes. To answer your pivoting question, all of the TV mounts I looked at would only tilt about 15-30 degrees, I needed it to tilt 90 degrees. what I did to solve this was to remove the short brackets that limited the tilting movement and replaced them with a longer turnbuckle, the turnbuckle allows the top to tilt the full 90 degrees needed and also allows you to level the table top 
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Clever solution to the table dilemma. Also, nice faucet and soap dispenser!
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    Thanks, I found this $165.00 Pfister bar faucet on clearance for $35.00 at my local Home Depot. Had to buy it for an upgrade, I like a single handle style faucet and I never cared  for the plastic faucet the T@b came with.  Also bought a matching toilet paper holder to use for a towel bar at the kitchen sink.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Brilliant, Shawn! I might go this route instead of Lagun.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    My solution was a lot cheeper than yours.  Mostly just stuff I had in my shop except the top. I used the same one I like it because it is very light strong and low cost. I love the way your idea is stowable very cool. If I can find the bracket I will probably have to up grade. Like you the Lagun was a little expensive and you still have to store the table as well as the support mechanism. Thanks for sharing your ideas and keep them coming. I could not use your tongue storage idea because that's where I generator lives. Still a good solution to some wasted space.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    It's funny how so many of us have that same cheap, lightweight table :-)
  • Options
    Great minds think alike ! :)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    edited December 2015
    Best lightweight folding table I've come across, even if it did come from Wal-Mart.  And, last time I was in the store, I noticed they've started coming in different colors.  Naturally, I latched onto a red one. :)  BTW, Pop-T@B,

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    PopT - can your knees fit under the swing arm if sitting on the driver side cushion? If so, is the table height comfortable for reading or laptop work (appears high from photos)?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    Yes you can move the swing arm out so you can use the full bench on the driver side and still have the table centered in the middle of the seating area. Yes, the table top is higher ( 31" ) than the stock table (28"), this is a sacrifice I had to make to be able to have the table store above the bench against the wall. you can tell it is slightly higher, but not an issue for us.     
  • Options
    Hmmmm - 31 could be a problem for me. Being short, I could almost lick my plate without leaning down :-(
  • Options
    Is there any wiggle room to mount it lower? Or will it interfere with the cushion?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Very sharp, like this setup and the way it swings out of the way.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options

I could cut down the table's center support post. This would allow you to make the table height whatever you wanted it to be, but you would no longer be able pivot the table to store it against the wall. If you go shorter in height, with this size ( 26"L x 18" W)  table top, it will hit the seat cushion when you go to store it. You can do this is you don't mind removing the table top and storing the top somewhere else. You could also go with a smaller table and mount the arm lower on the wall. I was looking for easy table set up and a easy way to store it, with the table I already have. The added 3" in table height is a sacrifice I was willing to make, for the convenience I gained. This is something you would need to decide to see if it would work for you.

• Options
    Pop T
    What of you lower the mounting. Could you remove the cushion stow the table against the wall then wedge the cushion back in place?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    you could do that, the only problem is the lower arm on the TV mount would also be below the top of the cushion, see the picture below. this would limit how much you could move the swing arm around once you reinstalled the cushion. It may not big that big of a deal to most and it would allow the table top to be mounted lower. Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    Can the silver pedestal be shortend? Would that allow the table to be tucked behind the cushion when stowed?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    It would require cutting it and welding the top pivot point back on to it. I will check to see if the cushion can be put back in with the table tucked down behind it. I will go check it out and let you know in a few minutes. 
  • Options
    Could it be mounted further right and down on the shower stall wall, right of the cushion?
  • Options

Pxlated, I looked at that location, just not enough room for the mounting base. I do have an update for you. I took dalehelman suggestion about cutting off the center mounting post. So I took it out to the shop, cut out 3" and welded it back together. The table height is now 28", same as the factory table height. It will still stow against the wall it just presses down on the seat cushion some. This may work better when towing down the road to keep the table a little more secure. 

dalehelman, Thank you for the suggestion, it worked out great :) ! You know how the old saying goes " sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees". It's always better to get a few other sets of eyes on something to get it right.  Thanks!

Here's a few updated pictures with the shortened center post

• Options
          Pop T, Now that's perfect. My wife and are l are both built a little closer to the floor. Thanks for all of your help. See what happens when you come up with a good idea. The Lagun was just not right for us. A little to heavy and brake down and storage seemed a little cumbersome not to mention cost. I have been waiting for just the right solution. Thanks.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Pop T Now if you can give us some insight on how you reinforced the wall to support load. I assume you used some 1/2" wood as a backing. It looks like it may be necessary to inlarge the opening under the seat to fit a large enough piece. Your help once again would be appreciated.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    dalehelman,  I sent you an email with the details on how I did, let me know if you do not receive it.  Thanks, Shawn
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    I have a Q-model with a plywood side to the cabinet (where the stove sits) at the end of the settee, so there is not wall like in the S-model.  Does this matter - i.e. do you need to have the wall to fold the table against or can it just fold up against the cabinet?

Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    I don't think it would matter, as long as you have a solid place to mount the bracket securely. The table may just be a little higher than the cabinet when it is stored