Options

Coyote Howls next weekend

Comments

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Verna said:
    ...My T@B got her new feet today without a hitch!  A much smoother ride, too. 

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Can't wait to get there!!!  See you in a few days.  Started packing today. :):)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I'm here.  It's been a nice quiet day.  Reading, cooking, walking some, but just a "take it easy" type of day.  Sunny Day thought she would take a nap inside the T@B (in the full sun) late this afternoon.  86* inside, 83* outside.  She normally doesn't like a fan blowing on her, but she has a new O2 Fan that is her best friend ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Verna-the quietness will soon disappear. We are on our way. Quick question-are there water spigots inside the camp where we can fill our tanks or should we come loaded?
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    You can get loaded there, Verna's got wine I would suspect...
    Oh, you were talking water, never mind.
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    Someday  :s

Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    Pxlated: it would be cool if their spigots poured wine;-)) and all for $9 a night. 
  • Options
    Cindy - Would probably make for some good YouTube vids.
  • Options
    cbarnhill said:
    Verna-the quietness will soon disappear. We are on our way. Quick question-are there water spigots inside the camp where we can fill our tanks or should we come loaded?
    Yes, there are spigots, but I've been filling my tank with jugs as I use the water. Easier than moving. I also found there is a dump station at the closest restroom to our area. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Well, it's 4 am and the propane ran out. Good thing it's warm because I'm rolling over and going back to sleep!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Poor Verna! The "PXL Propane Tank" curse. I must say, swapping out these on the T@B are easier than swapping tanks while standing/stooping under the pulled-out queen-sized bed on my old popup during a very cold Thanksgiving camping trip in TX (Big Thicket). At least it was light out when I had to do that and the pulled-out bed shielded me from the cold wet sprinkles. Still was a good trip!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    For people who have yet to swap tanks or take out an empty, do a trial run before a trip. you might find that the wingnut might be stuck (mine was) and/or the metal retaining band might need some help letting go of the tank the first time. Mine was a tight fit. It's still a snug fit, but easy to pull out the tank now (I ditched the bolt - fit is good).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Welcome to the club Verna :-)
    Take Ratkity's advice, the first time can be a struggle.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Welcome to the club Verna :-)
    Take Ratkity's advice, the first time can be a struggle.
    Oh, this is not the first time I've run out of propane. Mine takes a 9/16th" socket for the bolt and the wing nut is large enough that it hits the strap and stays there, so I don't have to worry about twisting it off, too.

It always happens between 10 pm and 4 am, never in the daylight hours!  I had shown Pit Pat what the inside of my front diamond plate tub, and showed her the gauge showed in the green area....Bad gauge!  It didn't occur to me that the tank had been in use for over a week! I will replace this tank with one of the built-in gauge tanks when I get back home!  It is worth the money to me. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I removed the bolt. The tank fits so tight the tank doesn't move and still takes a good tug to get it out. Have gotten where I can change tanks in 30 seconds flat.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Verna - Can I "buy you a beer" if you show me a few things on my T@B this weekend? Like what you talk about below? Since I've never used the propane before (but will at Coyote Howls) it didn't occur to me the tank is bolted in. Also interested in what the built-in gauge tanks are....and lastly wanted to double check my Alde pipes/direction of knobs, etc.

"Oh, this is not the first time I've run out of propane. Mine takes a 9/16th" socket for the bolt and the wing nut is large enough that it hits the strap and stays there, so I don't have to worry about twisting it off, too.

I will replace this tank with one of the built-in gauge tanks when I get back home!" 

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    phulishcatphulishcat Member Posts: 89
    the planets have aligned  and work schedules adjusted the wife and I will be out Saturday with the blueberry! And i am going to try my new found artichoke spinach dip cast iron recipe for the pot luck..

• Options
    I'm here already! What fun. Can't wait for you guys to get here.  phulishcat-so glad the planets lined up for you. 
  • Options
    Mickietucs and I will be on our way tomorrow a.m.  Phuliscat, I love spinach artichoke dip.  Can't wait to see everyone.  :):)
  • Options
    Verna - Can I "buy you a beer" if you show me a few things on my T@B this weekend? Like what you talk about below? Since I've never used the propane before (but will at Coyote Howls) it didn't occur to me the tank is bolted in. Also interested in what the built-in gauge tanks are....and lastly wanted to double check my Alde pipes/direction of knobs, etc.

"Oh, this is not the first time I've run out of propane. Mine takes a 9/16th" socket for the bolt and the wing nut is large enough that it hits the strap and stays there, so I don't have to worry about twisting it off, too.

I will replace this tank with one of the built-in gauge tanks when I get back home!" 

Michelle, I'll tell you what I always told my favorite neighbor.  All I've ever asked is a "Thank You"!  Sure, I'll show you.  I bought the tank with the built-in gauge at Camping World.  It did cost a bit more than other places, but this one has been great.  I know PXLated and others can tell when the tank is running low, but I keep the tank bolted in place since it's between two batteries and I feel better with it held tight.  (I drink wine...beer just doesn't taste good to me.....but, thanks.)

Cindy already got a lesson on where to find those pesky little Alde fuses, and where the hidden storage is on the S model ;-)  I think she likes what I did with my label maker, too!

Pit Pat is de-winterized!  Dawn knows how to splice wiring for her solar.  And my new digital thermostat works wonderfully!

We've been busy, but having fun!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    OK, here's the group, so far:  Verna (with Sunny Day), Pit Pat, Dawn (not on the forum), Cindy, Beth, Michelle, Gladys (LG 5-wide teardrop), and another lady in an LG 5-wide teardrop.  If it wasn't for the 23 vintage campers and teardrops, we would have no males here!  I guess we're giving the impression that T@B's are only for the female solo travelers?  Come on guys, we're here through tomorrow ;-)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Wish Why was a little closer. Looked at the map when this thread first started and man, it's way down over there.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Hey! Manly Man OutbackAZ is here. Chalk one up for the Y chromosome.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
  • Options
    Frank wear a skirt? Not a chance. He's a Manly Man. What a great group. Having a lot of fun meeting all the people who are camper-loving people and who up until now I've only interacted with through  the Forum. So nice to meet everyone. The weather is great, and Pixelated, we miss you.
  • Options
    Glad you gals are having a good time!
    We'll meet up at some point.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Met Pit Pat on the road - Should have seen the double take she did when she rounded the corner and saw another T@B sitting right next to hers - classic - wish I had a video :-)
  • Options
    kccatekccate Member Posts: 51
    Happy Valentines Day to all of you in AZ. Being (as usual) a few days late and dollars short.. I am putting this cool gathering on my list for next winter, when I hope to make my way from AZ to Fl via I 10. Why Not, indeed!
    Cathy and traveling canines, 
    on the sunny side of the street
    2007 Dutchman T@B, C@te's Cr@te
    2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    You gals got any pics of your festivities?
    Maybe a new pics thread like was done for T@Bazona.
  • Options
    The WiFi is quite slow here, so any pics I have will wait until I get back in AT&T territory.   But, to Coyote Howls credit, they have improved their WiFi since last year, so at least we have WiFi ;-)
    Verna, Columbus, IN