Front Window Won't Stay Open

WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
Hi, Tabbers -- I'm posting this on behalf of Mickietucs who is on the road with no WiFi.  She says that the front window on her 2015 T@B won't stay open.  She has the knobs turned until they are tight, but the window slides back down.  Anyone have any tips or fixes for this issue?  Thanks!
Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)

Comments

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Just got to muscle up Micks :-)
    Maybe open wide and clean the rods <- Only thing that comes to mind.
  • WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Ha!  She's gonna love that answer.  :)  I'll pass your tip along.  Anyone else care to comment?
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    This is the first time I have heard of this issue with the new LG windows. I will be interested to see what the answer is.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Try keeping constant pressure holding the window open while tightening the screws one side at a time.  If I don't do this, the window tends to slide down to the close position if relying on the thumbscrews alone.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Wanderoo: I have the same problem with my front window. The side windows stay up just fine. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • PITPATPITPAT Member Posts: 32
    Cindy, Beth and Michele.....same issue with my front window. It take MAJOR muscle power to tighten the knob enough. I cannot get enough torque tightening it from the inside. Have to tighten it from outside the window. Side windows work just fine. Weird, huh?
    Patty
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S Maxx  being towed by Nissan Pathfinder

It is weird as it's the same mechanism - It is ackward getting at them from inside.
  • mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 707
    edited May 2016
    Well tabbers - I'm quickly using my phone as a hotspot while in Boulder Beach NP, NV (after Wanderoo texted me that others have had issues as well). I cleaned the "tubes" and even went outside and tried to tighten as suggested using one of those rubber jar tightening things to get a better grip and used more than enough "muscle" --- still no luck. PXL - if the side windows stay open with my muscles, there's no reason the front window shouldn't do the same, right?!  I'll try again tomorrow but something doesn't seem right - almost like the screw knobs aren't long enough. If it doesn't work I'll email Ed. Actually good to know others have had issues too - it may not be all "operator error" - ha! Thanks.

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    If this is an ongoing issue, maybe someone should contact Ed.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Jenn - I thought I'd email him tomorrow if I'm still having the same problem - when I tried again today it was like there was NO contact --- neither side would hold any resistance and it would slide down. 

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• jctangneyjctangney Member Posts: 76
    How far open are you trying to lock it at? On mine, wide open, ore near that locks fine. However, if you want to lock it open just a couple of inches, it won't hold.

2016 T@B S Max, near Portland, OR

Photo Galleries www.pbase.com/jctangney

I recommended Muscle Beach, not Boulder Beach :-)
  • jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Wonder if it the design of the window being curved, puts more stress on the arms being partially opened?
    That's about the only thing different - As it appears anyway.
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    I an 6-2 and 185 pounds and all 3 of my windows are hard to get to stay up. I have to tighten them from outside the trailer. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    I also have a hard time getting the screws tight enough to keep the front window open.  Being in the PNW I haven't had much reason yet to open windows wide.  I'll be out this weekend and we are suppose to have awesome 70ish weather so I'll try it again and report back.  
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I just sent an email to Ed. I'll give you an answer when I receive it. 

For or the record, while I had trouble holding the window still while I was tightening my knob, my window stayed open last winter while in AZ. I'm not sure if the 2015+ side windows have two "catches" that click when you are at the hokding spot, my side windows are wonderful. After having such a hot summer last year, I had never opened my
    front window until mid February of this year. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    V? Mid-Feb? Do you sleep in the artic cold like jkjenn? :) 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    Ratkity, I left home (Indiana) on Jan 1, 2016 and got back on Apr 4, 2016 from wintering in AZ. Oh.....I should put "whenever I used the front window"....  But, I always (except during dust storms) keep one of the side windows open to that first notch on the latches, rain, shine cold or warm. 

And, I don't "do" cold any more since I found how inexpensive it is to camp in the Southwest in the winter....but, shhhhh, don't let the secret out ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Mah lips are sealed, V! ;)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    Thanks all - I tried again putting them all the way up - no dice. And I know I put some muscle into it but the side windows don't require Arnold Schwarzenegger so I don't think the front window needs me to hire him to do the front!  Verna - yes, please let me know what Ed says (I didn't get to do an email to him yet). No "catches" that I can tell on any of the windows - actually would be nice if there were multiple "holes" in the pole that the screw knob could go into. I thought maybe a longer screw would do it but they all appear the same. Anyway, will come back to check for any answers from Ed.

• JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    The front window on our 2015-L work just fine. All the windows are the same size, just doesn't make sense. Unless, just because the side windows are vertical and the front one is already at an angle just from the shape of the front. Just a guess.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
    I should add - Mine stays open but the wind will blow it shut whereas the wind never does on the side windows when tightened.
  • SubismSubism Member Posts: 38
    I had this issue the other day on a side window. It felt tight, but wouldn't stay open. I loosened the knob and put more torque on it and it held. I didn't look closely to see what the issue could be, but I will look tomorrow. FYI, this is a 2016 that we have not even taken out yet, so I wouldn't expect it is broken already.
    Marc and Angie in Burlington, NC. 2018 Ford F150 FX4 3.5L Ecoboost, 2016 320 S Max
    Here is Ed's answer:

"We have had a few complaints that the windows did not stay open. Have them contact us by email or by phone as we have replacement window stays."

Verna, Columbus, IN
    Thanks Verna - I'll contact Elsie/Ed and ask they send them to my son in OR (where I'll be in July). Appreciate it!

• cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    THANK YOU, Verna....
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
    edited May 2016
    I can't wait to meet Ed! I get to meet Marvin tomorrow too! I'll be at the factory for a non-window repair issue. Made it Atwood SP in constant rain and a little hail. I think the truck and T@Bitha swam most of the way. Good thing I wore my waterproof boots. I sorta just brought minimal stuff (mostly Harvey's things).

Yay for front window solution!
    Correction on the availability of the new window stays, per Elsie:

"I think the conversation was misunderstood about the window stays. If we send you replacement window stays, they will be the same as you have now. We have to do some research on getting a NEW style that will work better.."

The replacement stays are not yet available, and yes, I will tell you when they are available. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Thanks Verna, I just read Elsie's email and appreciate your prompt posting.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ