Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    @Verna, great set-up!   We have all 3 too (visor, awning, tent) and while the visor is by far the cutest, we find the awning most useful in summer conditions ( sun / rain protection). 
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    In case you missed the rainbow(s) at Tearstock.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Great shot, Larry!  That was the 2nd worse storm I've experienced from inside the T@B.

I got home this morning (1:30 am) and found out the house was without power for over 20 hours from this same storm, but in Indiana. I have a call in for the tree guy because the top 20 ft of my hard maple tree is broken and still laying in the top of the tree. Never a dull moment in home ownership ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Sorry about the tree.  Glad there was no house damage.  I took the short route home, which meant I got to drive through cities and crowded Interstates, but once I got started I just kept going.  Seventeen hours.  Enjoyed seeing everyone, but it's good to be home.  Without seeing any signs, here's how I knew I was back in Arkansas.  Thank goodness they are down in the Delta and not here in the hills where I live.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    I drove on the two lane roads and it took 9 hours....and I sort of got lost  :s. Sunny sure loved her shady yard when she got back. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Nice photo Larry!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We couldn't make it to tearstock this year, (new job) missed being there, could someone please post some photos?
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    edited July 2016
    @Fatman1966

Smittybilt 2798 Jerry Gas Can Holder for $35 on Amazon.
    Plastic Water Can - 5 Gallon, Desert Sand by LCI $52 on Amazon.
    The Smittybilt holder is made for METAL (gas) jerry cans without the two protrusions on the filler cap that the WATER jerry cans have.  You will have to use a Dremel tool and file to cut into a portion of the metal strap in order to get a tight fit.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Photomom said:
    We have a "big trip" coming up and decided to camp this weekend for more "practice". Gannett Hill Park is a little known gem in Ontario County, NY. RV sites with electricity but no water hookups, and lots of tent sites. Cleanest campground restrooms anywhere. Very quiet relaxing weekend. First time we took Max camping and he did great!

A key learning was that this park places the power pedestals between campsites (ours was on the passenger side of the T@B and the trailer power cord wasn't long enough.) A 30A extension cord is on the way, thank you Amazon Prime.

This park is at the highest point in the county, something like 2200 feet. I was hoping to do a little night photography (University of Rochester has an observatory here and it's pretty dark) but we had too many clouds.

We are originally from upstate New York and did some of our first camping at  Gannett Hill in a tent and then a very simple pop-up trailer.  Your photos bring back great memories.  It is wonderful to hear the campground is still well maintained etc. as that is what drew us there 30+ years ago.  Thanks for posting this.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217

We are originally from upstate New York and did some of our first camping at  Gannett Hill in a tent and then a very simple pop-up trailer.  Your photos bring back great memories.  It is wonderful to hear the campground is still well maintained etc. as that is what drew us there 30+ years ago.  Thanks for posting this.
    Every time we go there we see improvements. The county is now putting in some very classy one room cabins - similar to what you see at KOAs etc. but completely finished inside with knotty pine paneling. The Bristol Branch of the Finger Lakes Trail begins here and the hiking is outstanding. Lots of geocaches, mountain bike trails, a fishing pond, etc.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Photomom said:

Every time we go there we see improvements. The county is now putting in some very classy one room cabins - similar to what you see at KOAs etc. but completely finished inside with knotty pine paneling. The Bristol Branch of the Finger Lakes Trail begins here and the hiking is outstanding. Lots of geocaches, mountain bike trails, a fishing pond, etc.
    We have to put a return to Gannett Hill on our bucket list for sure.  Have to hike the trail a bit for memory sake and to find a a few caches along the way.  Our first ever camping trip was to Cayuga State Park.  It looks like we are going to re-visit there in September.  
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    Tabby_McTabfaceTabby_McTabface Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016

Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, Alberta
    Tim & Cathy from Port Perry, Ontario
    Yukon bound, summer 2016
    2015 T@B S TV 2016 Colorado 4x4
  • Options
    catndahatscatndahats Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2016

Hunting Island State Park, SC.

Moderator's note: Photo edited for size.

Nate & Cheryl
    Seabrook, TX
    2014 T@B Q Max, 2012 Toyota Tundra 4.6
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232

Finally pulled the photos off my camera, and here is the Tearstock setup.  I would not have put the awning up at all but for the rain Wednesday night, which made me glad I did.  The visor helped keep things cooler in the heat of the day.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    @catndahats, lovely site and photos! 
  • Options
    @Cyclonic, great idea to put visor up on the other side for shade! Thanks for sharing. 
  • Options
    @Cyclonic, next time you put the flag up, turn it around so the union is on the flag's own upper left. 
  • Options
    @Photomom, because the flag can be viewed from both sides here (it is at an angle to the frog) I choose an eastern direction for the union.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    But it should have the blue to the left as viewed by others, Nathan. Sorry, the view from your door isn't the important one. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Just one of my little pet peeves - years ago in another life I sat thru training classes in this... Kudos to you for thinking about it and making an attempt. 
  • Options
    lykopis33lykopis33 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2016
    Hot Hot Hot....Louisiana camping in the summer lol :o

Moderator's note: Photo edited for size.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    Very nice @Tommy , looks like a fantastic trip.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Beautiful pics Tommy!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TomStephens1TomStephens1 Member Posts: 88
    Sounds like an awesome trip!
  • Options
    RVABuffRVABuff Member Posts: 15
    Here are a couple pics from my trip to Ohiopyle State Park in PA and Seneca Rocks in WV.
    2015 T@B M@X-S, 2017 Ford F150 2.7L V6 Turbo
    Chesterfield, VA
  • Options
    Nice pictures! What's the pole you're leaning on for? :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RVABuffRVABuff Member Posts: 15
    That is actually not me, but my cousin.  He needs lots of help standing after paddling and riding all day.  ;)
    2015 T@B M@X-S, 2017 Ford F150 2.7L V6 Turbo
    Chesterfield, VA
This discussion has been closed.