Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Cyclonic said:
    RZRBUG said:
    Cyclonic said:
    Sorta counts, right?  Found a T@G close by when camped overnight at the KOA in Huntington, WV.

Fox Fire?  Pretty nice, but expensive...and they put me in a bad spot just because it was small enough to fit.
    Looking at my notes, we put in there for $35 for the night, which is reasonable around here.  Basic pull through spot, we didn't even unhitch.  Indeed, a nice campground, but right next to the highway without having easy access to the highway.  Place was also packed, lots of folks pulled in to get out of the flooding in the Charleston area that weekend.
    $35 not too bad.  I paid $40 (plus tax) two years ago for a basic spot, grassy and wet.  Was also crowded the night I stopped.  Only two vacant spots.  Was glad to find a place late in the afternoon, and would gladly pay the same again under the same circumstances.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    Our Michigan pics are from near Sleeping Bear Dunes.  It is beautiful up here right now!  Campground is Indigo Bluffs.  A bit crowded but the campsite is level and private (ish).
    Sug@rsh@ck -  2016 Max S Outback, 2016 Nissan Pathfinder.  
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Since we are on the subject of KOA, here is the setup we had at another KOA stopover, this time at the Louisville South KOA in Sheperdsville, KY.  I know @jkjenn had a terrible experience at the Louisville North KOA, and she is not the only one, so I decided on this one.  There are other campgrounds in the area, but I was not so sure about the ones at the flea markets, and we really just needed a solid overnight stop, so this was a good choice.  Simple setup, we didn't even unhitch.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    ethelouiseethelouise Member Posts: 32

Jenn is a hard act to follow (the photo with Rocky is precious, BTW), but I have been wanting to try to post images on this board and this is my trial.  I apologize in advance if the image is too big (I sent it as a small file using my Iphone). 

This image is from Big Meadows Campground at Shenandoah NP in late July 2016. Nice campround.  Sites have varying levels of shade and privacy.  Site #51 was moderate for both.  No hooks, but dump station and nice coin-operated showers. We walked over to the Lodge for a nice Sunday brunch.  There are great view from the Lodge, but we were above the clouds that morning.

Margaret, Lynn and D@isy M@y
    2017 S Max
    2016 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Based on that, you could probably go medium.
  • Options
    That is a nice looking spot @Geo

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,527
    So Geo, did you know this exact picture has been on the RV Supply Shop advertising the Pa Ha Que Dome?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    GeoGeo Member Posts: 160
    edited August 2016
    Sam,
    Yes,  This pic is from 2015 and the first set up of the Paha Que teardrop dome. This year was a rainy week, but the dome gave us a large dry room.
    We were the 'Beta' testers of the dome.  Paha Que folks first saw our set up at the 2013 'Rolling Home' rally with our 'Coleman' dome and approached us about emulating it. 

Cyclonic,
    We have been to this lake almost every year for 30 years for our family camping week.
    A Virginia location for you to explore ! ! !

Geo&Liz
    T@BMahal
    Geo & Liz
    T@BMahal
    '04  #100
  • Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    We just competed a 12 day trip around the Gaspasie in Quebec.  Covered 2,061 miles in 12 days and saw some spectacular scenery.  The first picture is from a campground in Perce, QC.  The second is in Parc Forillon and the last two are in Mont-Louis, QC.  The last two pictures are the same campsite, I couldn't decide which way to look.
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    edited August 2016
    @lapowers57 -- what a beautiful place. And that harp!

Life happened this year (we moved from AZ to TX) and we haven't had our T@b out at all yet. I should NOT have come and looked at all of these pictures. Jkjen - Rocky is adorable with the monuments, and you got a great picture of the Milky Way! Ethelouise - your picture is cute, with your awning covers on your windows - makes me want to get my polka dot ones out just to touch them even if I can't take my T@b out.

We will get going soon though. Happy Camping All.
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    jkjenn said:

I love this Rocky facey face!

'dis mah territory, mahm, all of it!'
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Home from a super week long trip through WY and SD. Custer SP in South Dakota one of several beautiful locations we visited.

DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Belle Fourche River Campground at Devils Tower National Monument. Not the prettiest campground we've ever stayed in, but you can't beat an iconic view.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Getting our August camping in at a local winery.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    Guten_TaB said:
    New owners, this our third trip with the T@B.  Ocean Cove Campground, north of Jenner, Ca.  Weather was great overcast but temps in the high 70's low in the high 50's. 5 days on the ocean. Great hiking trails in the area. Light breeze. 
    Very nice! Ocean Cove seems like a hidden gem - can I ask how crowded it was? Did you have any problems getting a good spot?
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I saw your camper there.  I live just up the hill from there.  Have you tried Stillwater Regional Park just up the road a mile?  It's pretty nice and Stillwater Cove is a nice little beach.
  • Options
    Guten_TaB said:

New owners, this our third trip with the T@B.  Ocean Cove Campground, north of Jenner, Ca.  Weather was great overcast but temps in the high 70's low in the high 50's. 5 days on the ocean. Great hiking trails in the area. Light breeze. 
    Congratulations, looks like a great spot to me!

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Another great spot, just for a single night.  The wine was very good as well.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Nathan - That's the first shot I can recall without you poised in the chair - or was that a mannequin? ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    We just returned from a way too short 3-nighter. The first two nights were at the campground at Clear Creek in San Benito county. Not very picturesque but we had the whole thing to ourselves the first night then one trailer showed up late the second night. We use this free campground as our staging point to enter the permit-required collecting areas in search of a material called plasma agate - a beautiful serpentine based dark green agate.

After catching our limit on the first full day we decided to pull out early and drive down into the central valley to attend a gem and mineral show in Hanford. On the way we made reservations to spend our last night at the High Sierra RV park in Oakhurst. Nice spot - kind of a laid back place with good people and a wonderful swimming hole for people and dogs (not shown in the photos). A little bit expensive due to the holiday weekend - $45 after our AAA discount - but the way we figured it we would have had to pay $20 to dump in our home area so it was a pretty good deal overall.

• Options
    Here's the swimming hole I didn't show above...

• Options
    edited September 2016
    PXLated said:
    Nathan - That's the first shot I can recall without you poised in the chair - or was that a mannequin? ;-)
     @PXLated I know, must be not as lazy this time around.  Note, also, you will be happy to see the use of blocks.  Didn't unhitch, so this was a rare time I used them.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Tommy, Jump in and join your pouch! Nice shots, sounds like you had fun!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    Tommy, Jump in and join your pouch! Nice shots, sounds like you had fun!
    My role is thrower of the stick (shown in 10-oclock position) ... I stay on shore and I throw sticks ... or tennis balls ... repeatedly :) 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Repeatedly is the key word! Seems like you get tired WAY before they do! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    tired ... and wet haha Big dogs throw off a LOT of water when they shake. 

• Options
    Nathan - You're now an official member of the "Blockheads", an elite group of T@Bbers that know how to level a camper under any circumstances - Welcome :-)
This discussion has been closed.