Options

Fresh Water Overflow????

deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103

Un-winterizing T@B to go camping, I hooked up fresh water line to T@B attachment for fresh water. get constant stream of water from rear of trailer drivers side, from some type of draining tube?   with pressure on, ex.  camping hose continues to feed water.  This has never occurred before, so I'm thinking I must have turned a valve near furnace, but do not recall doing so?   Need suggestions for this Old School newer camper. 

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    It's probably the drain valve for emptying the Alde hot water tank from where it's coming out.
    Can't get at mine at the moment to tell which one but should be easy to find.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,466
    If you poke around in the Alde compartment under the seat, you'll find three valves that drain through the floor to the outside. All should be closed.

The hot and cold water drains should be pretty obvious. The Alde hot water drain PXL describes is in the blue water line leading into the bottom of the Alde. It has a yellow flap-thingy on top. If the flap is sticking straight up (perpendicular to the pipe), the valve is open. Close the valve by pushing the flap down flat (parallel to the pipe).
    2015 T@B S

• Options

ScottG.  Followed your suggestion and yellow valve was down, closed.  Thanks    Maybe I'll call Factory?

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,466
    Hmmm. The only other water line that empties out there is a clear tube that branches off the hot water line right where it exits the top of the Alde. Looks like a drain for a pressure relief valve or some other plumbing do-dad. If said do-dad was malfunctioning, you might get water spilling out of that.

Beyond that, my only other guess is a malfunctioning valve. Again, I would guess the Alde drain before the hot and cold water drains. Did you try flipping the yellow lever up and over a few times, just in case something was sticking?

Can you could get a bead on exactly where the water is coming out? A photo would be helpful, if possible.  
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Check the other two valves under the seat as well. Open and close each.

A photo of those three valves would be good, too. The ones in our Tab are different from the newer ones.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    baclawsonbaclawson Member Posts: 17
    are you sure you aren't using too high water pressure?  Water will pour out if you aren't using a pressure regulator.

• Options
    JOEnJanetJOEnJanet Member Posts: 2
    I have an ALDE 3010-9300. I put on my pressure regulator, and turned on the water. now I am aware of the blue drain line that drains the water for winterizing but there are two large black hoses that come from the heater, one goes to the flue, the other has a T-Line that goes through the floor of the trailer before continuing to the back of the trailer parallel to the flue line. As soon as I turn on the water the water goes straight out this black hose T-Line. Is something broken or are my valve line ups incorrect? Can't get hot water until I get this fixed.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    JOEnJanet said:
    I have an ALDE 3010-9300. I put on my pressure regulator, and turned on the water. now I am aware of the blue drain line that drains the water for winterizing but there are two large black hoses that come from the heater, one goes to the flue, the other has a T-Line that goes through the floor of the trailer before continuing to the back of the trailer parallel to the flue line. As soon as I turn on the water the water goes straight out this black hose T-Line. Is something broken or are my valve line ups incorrect? Can't get hot water until I get this fixed.
    Could you post a picture, and also tell us the year and model of your trailer?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @deputydog, I forgot the water pressure thingie once and the exact same thing happened. The water pressure in my house is way above 50 psi and the safety kicked in for the Alde. @JOEnJanet, sounds like your water drain valve is open. One of those black hoses drains the glycol from the Alde.  A picture would be worth 1000 words! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Thanks to all whom commented on my problem.   I have a water pressure reducer attached directly to T@B water entry then home house water hose.    I will try all your suggestions.  You've been very helpful.    Hopefully a sticky value will pop free when I investigate.   Also Ill try to have kid next door download a photo?    Computers are not my forte.

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Aha! Always nice to have a 'kid next door' for the tech stuff... One less complication in life.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    JOEnJanetJOEnJanet Member Posts: 2
    OK, I will go out and take a picture of it, will post separately. It is a T@B Model S, bought it May 2015 and it was brand new on the lot.