Options

ARB sale and ARB informatipn

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    You are welcome.  I thought we can also use this as a backup in case our house power goes out!  What do you have in the space where the fridge normally is located?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    SAM said:
    You are welcome.  I thought we can also use this as a backup in case our house power goes out!  What do you have in the space where the fridge normally is located?  
    I came home from Tearstock and had to toss the contents of my home fridge and freezer. The power had been out for over 20 hours and since I wasn't sure if anything had gotten too warm or thawed, I took the safe way and chose NO to food poisoning. If I had been home, the solar panel would have been deployed and the ARB would have saved my food. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    5% off coupon code, if anyone cares to order:  OK4BJB9L7

Verna, like your idea of the extra Zamp plug.  I might be able to drill a hole without ruining anything.  I'm not proficient with power tools.

• Options
    Could I use a 12v extension cord to reach inside the T@B front window?
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I am purchasing a new truck bed cap that has 12v receptacles (fused) that are tied directly to the TV battery, so I'm a step ahead of those 12v outlets that turn off 10 sec after the ignition is turned off in the TV (for short stops). 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Thanks, SAM.  Bought the 50 qt.  Found a 12V plug in the back of my van, but will need to wire something for when I am parked.
  • Options
    gooselady said:
    Could I use a 12v extension cord to reach inside the T@B front window?
    @gooselady, please purchase the extension cord on this ad. Most 12V extension cords are not large enough to carry the ARB's voltage requirements. Yes, I know it's $45, and I know you'll have to splice a "trolling motor" plug (same as the Zamp SAE plug, without the screw holes that hold it to your tub). Go to a Super Walmart, boating section and look for the plug that will mate with the Zamp plug. They are used on trolling motors. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    I purchased a 50qt! They had a good day in sales! They are going to wonder what happened.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    gooselady said:
    5% off coupon code, if anyone cares to order:  OK4BJB9L7

Verna, like your idea of the extra Zamp plug.  I might be able to drill a hole without ruining anything.  I'm not proficient with power tools.

When I spoke to the customer service about the coupon code, he said that because of the sale the 5% could not be used.  
    Did it work for you?
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    Yes.  I forget when the code came up and exactly where I entered it, but my receipt reports a 5% reduction, but then I also purchased other items.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sale worked for me. Discount code was entered when I opened my cart - it was down towards the bottom of the page.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    PITPATPITPAT Member Posts: 32
    Hi Allie, the code worked for me this afternoon. I did the entire transaction online and just entered the code in the box provided....5% was taken off the total at checkout! Huge thanks to SAM for posting this sale notice. I've been ready to take the plunge since last winter watching Verna's ARB perform like
    a champ. Knowing that I can use it in Arizona with my Zamp was what sealed the deal for me B)
    Patty
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S Maxx  being towed by Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    PITPAT said:
    Hi Allie, the code worked for me this afternoon. I did the entire transaction online and just entered the code in the box provided....5% was taken off the total at checkout! Huge thanks to SAM for posting this sale notice. I've been ready to take the plunge since last winter watching Verna's ARB perform like
    a champ. Knowing that I can use it in Arizona with my Zamp was what sealed the deal for me B)
    Dang, I spoke with a CS rep and he said it would not work, so I did not enter it.  I'll call on Monday and see if they will give me the % off.  Unlikely, but worth my time if I can save $40 more.  A Dutch Oven camping friend of mine has an ARB and loves it.  I can leave it in the RAV and use it for grocery shopping here in the summer.  It gets really hot in the car fast when it is 110 degrees.  Verna has a really sweet setup with her unit.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    Glad so many members were able to take advantage of this.  One day left - it's not too late!  I had been tracking this on Amazon and not seeing much movement.  Not sure how I stumbled on OK Auto!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Sam, A good thanks to you and for helping folks. That's what this forum is all about! [And a few good laughs as well!] =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Update on discount code.  I spoke to Christie (sp?) and she said that I had be misinformed by the  cust. svc. rep. and she deducted the 5% from my order.  Thanks to all who verified it for me.  Saved me a few dollars to help fill the fridge when I use it.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    PITPATPITPAT Member Posts: 32
    Glad you got the 5% Allie....every little bit helps. hmmmmmm, now where can you spend that $40  :)
    Patty
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S Maxx  being towed by Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    HAHa, now see what you've done SAM;  you caused a SURGE in orders:

OK Auto 4WD  Tire Inc

Dear Allie L,

Your order # ***** has been updated. It's current status: Back Order

Due to a surge in orders, we are currently out of stock on the item(s) you ordered. The current ETA is 8/8/2016. We will ship your order as soon as it becomes available. If you're unable to wait, we may cancel your order. Thank you and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at sales@ok4wd.com or by phone at (908) 454-6973.

Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    The tie downs are on back order, too!
  • Options
    They are SAM? I wonder if the slide is too for the 37g. My ARB arrived yesterday. I'm glad I got the smaller one due to my limited strength. That sucker was boxed to the hilt! I think it wins the "best packed in-a-box" award. I had some trouble with the insulation cover when putting the metal tabs in the slots, but they are all set up. The monitor is nice, but only one pre-drilled hole existed on the 37g. The 2nd one was easy to add. Make sure the monitor plug is in WELL into its little slot before securing the monitor and installing the tiny antenna. 

Tis plugged in 120v and keeping cool and not running off and on like other frig types I've come across. Amazing.
  • Options
    It is amazingly quiet and cools rapidly.  My tie downs are due to ship this week.
  • Options
    I told ya so, I told ya so!!!   

Sorry, I had to gloat! It is a great investment, designed to make your camping more pleasurable ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Yes you did Verna- ARB should give you a commission!
  • Options
    I don't need a commission. I just know how to make us happy. I was the one who always forgot to get the bag of ice on the way to the campground, and had spoiled food. Now I don't need to remember anything except to plug in the ARB into 12V. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
  • Options
    Just an update:  The "sale" is still available through the OK4WD website.  All of us on back order should be shipping this week.

Per Verna's suggestion, I order the Zamp recepticle plug from Elsie at PV.  It costs $6.32 plus shipping.  Now I need to find the correct trolling motor plug to splice in the ARB extension, as there are several.  I also need the 12V socket that will serve the other end, to make the extension.