Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

I know that there are many of you out there who love photographs and who have taken many shots of your trailer when it is all set up.  We all set up differently so this is not only a chance to share some of your best shots, but an additional opportunity to share some great camp site ideas too! 
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    Mike, where on the forum are the instructions for posting pictures. I should probably try the Search function...
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited February 2015
    Thanks so much Mike. I knew I had seen it at some point in my search through the topics. Tried the search but it did not come up. Probably did not state the search correctly. However I have it now and thanks again.
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    It was located in the "Forum Help" area but with all the postings in that one spot that should have been in other areas on the forum it was hard to find anything.  I took some time, cleaned the help area up and moved a bunch of postings to their correct discussion areas.  We might have to remind people to place their posts in the correct areas when creating a new discussion, but feel it's due to inexperience and not understanding how things work more than anything else.    
    I realized the area it was in from the info you sent me.  I have a lot to learn about how things work here and will make mistakes but not afraid to ask questions. Thanks again, and I think you do a great job here. I for one, and I have no doubt everyone here, appreciates all the help you give and the very professional but sincere manner you communicate.  Now I need to come up with a picture for my profile and add that. 

Oh as a side note I have brothers in Carson City, Michigan a little north of Lansing.
  • WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

I need to get better about taking photos when I am camping!!!  I recently camped at Carter Lake near Loveland, Colorado, and had a beautiful site.  I would NOT recommend this campground in the busy summer season, as it is extremely noisy and full of "weekend campers" who want to fish and party. However, in the fall the campground is occupied by campers who just want to quietly enjoy camping in Colorado and are respectful of their fellow RVer's.

The campground is built on 4 tiers of camping levels, and I was on the 3rd tier, at Site #27.  The 4th tier is only for tents only, so the 3rd tier is the best tier for an RV.  I really enjoyed my stay there, and it's close to hiking some great territory off of Hwy. 34 on the Big Thompson.

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    We camp a lot at Rend Lake, a COE in southern IL, 45 minutes to an hour from home, depending on which campground we choose.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Crystal, I didn't realize Rend Lake was COE.  I stayed at Carlyle Reservoir, Carlyle, Illinois in July.  It, too, is a COE, and it was a wonderful place to stay.  I'll definitely have to stay at Rend Lake now that I have my Senior Pass.  Thanks
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!! ;;)
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ok - I'm might be dumb but I have no chance when you're talking in code. What's a "COE"?
    Corp Of Engineers. Not sure I spelled that correctly.
    Ahhhhhh
    Looks correct to me.
    Don't feel bad when I first read it I was wondering what COE stood for also, but when I read your post it dawned on me. That one I know!!! 
    edited October 2014
    Sorry, I was in a hurry, I meant to put Corp of Engineers in parentheses. For those who don't know, if you are 62 or older (there are some other situations that qualify you, so check into it), you qualify for a Senior Pass for $10 for life at any National Park or Memorial, and the Corp of Engineers accept this card, too. I paid only $18 for a campsite with electric, and a full service restroom/shower within 50 ft. Had it been two weeks later, I would have paid $9, or half price, with my Senior Pass. It gives you free admission to all National Psrks and Memorials, and half price on camping. A great deal. Those younger than 62 pay $80 per year for the National Park Pass, and receive no discounts on camping. The State of Indiana also gives my half off my yearly pass for the state park pass. Sometimes it pays to be "mature" =))
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    This was at the T@B rally, held each year at Rock Creek state park near Kellogg, Iowa the second weekend in June.
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
    edited October 2014
    Yes, sorry.  Verna is correct.  Corp of Engineers is federal and is often referred to as a COE.  They're typically my favorite type of campground.  I love to camp by water :D
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

Wow Verna - In addition to not knowing what COE was, I didn't realize there was such a discount for 62+. Will definitely be checking that out. Like TABaker, I love water. Lived on a lake for 35 years - Of course it's hard not to be within sight of water in MN (at least the northern half).
    I anxiously await the pass, commonly referred to as the old geezer pass. lol  Hubby will reach 62 four years prior to me, but I assume he has to be along for me to take advantage of the discount.  He usually arrives a day later, or doesn't come along at all.  

Yup, this "Old Geezer" has the "Old Geezer Pass", and I'm proud of it! Yes, Crystal, your husband has to present his driver's license or picture ID, and only one signature is allowed on the old geezer pass.  So, you have to wait your turn.  PXLated, yes, by all means look into getting the Senior Pass.  It's a great thing to have and keep. I'll be visiting Washington, D.C. and surrounding sights next month and it will save me some money.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Any idea if you can get the pass at a National Monument - With a very slight variation in my route I'll go right by one later this week.

I had to go to the National Parks office in Indiana, which happens to be about 65 miles from my house.  A nice fall afternoon drive.  Call first and they will be able to tell you if they have it.

And to keep this discussion on topic, sort of, here's my Silver Shadow at Meadows RV, New Meadows, Idaho, about 7 miles north of McCall, Idaho.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    PXLated, do you live near Minneapolis? My husband purchased the America the Beautiful pass (aka Senior Pass) in June at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife office near the Mall of America.

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
    I lived out on the western edge of Minnetonka for many, many years - am headed up there later in the week to finish up some design work - I'll have to check it out - Haven't been to MOA for quite some time - Thanks
  • SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Last weekend was our first camping weekend of the Florida season.  Want to share a few pictures of Dulce Domum at Sebastian Inlet State Park.  Nice facility with a beautiful view of the inlet.  We saw numerous dolphin, particularly in the evening.  They are way to quick to catch on film at least with my reflexes.  We particularly love the sunsets. Still plenty hot but we had a great time.   
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

SweetllyHome,
    Thanks for sharing the pictures. If I never get to make a trip there at least I will have seen what I have missed. I do have close friends in Jacksonville and hope to get out your way and visit them and see camp in Florida. I was conceived in Pensacola in 1944 and have always thought that might be why I have always wanted to go to Florida. I think that might qualify as a good excuse....  
    Sweetly Home, I love it!  Lucky you :D  A group of 20+ (mostly family) go to Destin every year.  We stay in condos :(  I'd rather take the T@B.  I had family stationed at Ft. Walton in the early 70s, and we just really never stopped going.  I'd love to camp down in the keys some day....oh, come on retirement.

Hi, Katie -- I LOVE your awning and it matches your patio rug. :):):)  It looks as though the site you have is nice and wide.  I could probably handle backing up T@B if I had a wide, flat campsite.  Ha!  What exactly is your "camping season" in Florida?  :D
  • SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    edited October 2014
    Hi Beth! I have Dave do the backing up...I stick to pull-thrus. Camping season here I. South Florida is November to April. We love the cooler weather so we can keep the windows and door open and the a/c off,
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

This discussion has been closed.