Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Wow! Talk about a Zombie Attractor.  Get ready for lots of visitors Larry.  That is sooooo cool.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I luv the Route 66 bolded line!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I like it!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    You going to add little dots where you've been?
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    A bit too much for my liking, but cool none the less.  I like PXL's idea.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Where did you get this?  I want something for the back of a CSS!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    PXLated said:
    You going to add little dots where you've been?
    Not.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Cyclonic said:
    A bit too much for my liking, but cool none the less.  I like PXL's idea.
    Well, I don't have any frogs and flags to put out, so this will have to do.  :)

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    SAM said:
    Where did you get this?  I want something for the back of a CSS!
    I bought the art and scanned it high def on my computer, then sent the file to a print shop which printed it on adhesive vinyl. 

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You can also buy a stock image from someplace like Shutterstock.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Nice idea.  Now you don't have to mess with a map while traveling.  Just look in the rear view mirror!
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Just remember, in the mirror lefts are right and rights are left - you'll get the hang of it after getting lost a few times I'm sure.
    What do you mean I'm in Maine I was headed to Washington.
  • Options
    Jo_chrisJo_chris Member Posts: 21
    Nice! What did you do inside?
  • Options
    Allie said:
    Nice idea.  Now you don't have to mess with a map while traveling.  Just look in the rear view mirror!
    There have been times I would have been better off doing that. :)

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Jo_chris said:
    Nice! What did you do inside?
    You know, I've heard you can tell how much of a Redneck a person is by the number of stickers on his rig.  I unashamedly claim my heritage.  Some inside pictures, since you asked.  (Just one picture this time.  Having trouble with others for some reason.  Will try again if you like.)

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Larry - Have you done the Kingman > Oatman > Needles part of 66?
  • Options

Last summer I rented a condo near the Flagstaff Arizona mall.  There was a small section of the original Route 66 across the main roadway.  I must say, seeing that oh, so small in width piece of asphalt and realizing that I was looking at the main mode of interstate travel in years past, it was a handshake with how great a country we are.

Good for you Larry in keeping this profound piece of our history alive.   

• Options
    What if Larry were to propose a T@B Route 66 event?  We could all meet in our respective states and join those already in transit.  Perhaps we could also connect with local historical societies an raise funds for their Route 66 organizations.  Hmmm.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Flagstaff is as far west as I've been on 66.  There are sections of the original road that now end in a cow pasture or simply drop off into a ravine somewhere.  Although you can still follow the general route, it is now impossible to stay on the original road from one end to the other.  I say that knowing that the "original" route also changed over time.

In truth, it is not my goal to travel the entire route anyway.  Route 66 represents something much more to me than a journey or a destination.  After I had traveled the longest part of it, I wrote this in my travelogue:

"I guess most people remember things like drive-ins and diners and wig-wam motels when they think about Route 66.  There were 'Indian' trading posts every few miles when all things Indian was popular.  There are still a few of those around.  What I miss most is Stuckey's.  I know it was overpriced candy and carnival novelties, but to a young farm boy who was lucky to go to town once a week with the family to buy just the essentials, Stuckey's was like going to Disney World.  I can almost see that kid right now, all wide-eyed and wishful.  I wonder if I was on this journey looking for Stuckey's.  I guess in a way I was.  I think I got a glimpse here and there, but alas, they were all just mirages."

May your trails be happy and safe.  I hope every once in a while you catch a glimpse of Stuckey's.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2016
    I loved Stuckey's as a kid. Several times we drove from CA to visit family in KY (hwy 80 the whole way) and Stuckey's for a pecan roll was a highlight of the journey. Our last trip as a family would have been in 1978.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    I remember Stuckey's on the way from Ohio to Florida!  That brought back memories of sleeping in the back of my Dad's big car as we departed at 4 in the morning.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Ugh.. I don't miss Stucky's. Every time we came across one on the way to Florida, Mom would stop to get a pecan roll and eat it all herself. I tasted it once and about gagged lol.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    My sympathies.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map