Options

Seriously considering buy a 2017 Max-S, but I have questions.

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while as I pondered purchasing a new T@B trailer.  I must admit, I think I've fallen in love with them. :)

However, I'm wondering if someone here might be able and willing to answer a couple of questions for me.

1.  Do I need to purchase additional hoses for the black and grey water tanks in order to empty them?
2.  A dealer told me that I need to either keep the front window shut (when running the fridge on propane), or maybe put a fan there to keep the exhaust from coming in the trailer.  Is this an issue for anyone?  How did you handle it?
3. I'm torn between two colours.  The local dealer has a silver and blue one....and a red and white.  Decisions, decisions.

Thanks!
Laura
Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    1. Yes, you have to purchase the hoses separately.
    2. Can't help you there, I don't have a front window.
    3. Blue and silver, but YMMV.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    1) Yes - One hose. I have the Rhino and works well, quality hose/fittings (available at Walmart and many other places) - One caviat is that some dealers include or sell you a kit. In my case (and many cases) it was a piece of junk. Mine went in the nearest dumpster. Some have 20' but I've never needed more than 10'
    2) Never heard that before.
    3) Can't help you there - I opted for silver/silver. Figured I might get tired of any one color.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    1. +1 for Rhino hoses, at Walmart or on Amazon. I did need 20' at a full service campground to reach the sewer connection in Arkansas recently. 
    2. No one ever told me that. While the front window is the last one for me to open normally, I have never smelled fumes, nor has the CO detector sounded when open and using propane.   
    3. White and red are a great combination, but red is my favorite color. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    1. Ditto on the Rhino hose,length is kind of a personal thing I think, mine is 10', and never had an issue.
    2. We leave our front window open, and have NEVER had fumes in the trailer. We only run the fridge on propane.
    3. Flip a coin, both good choices! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    PXLated said:
    - I opted for silver/silver. Figured I might get tired of any one color.
    Isn't that just one color????  :s

• Options
    Ok - Picky, picky, picky - You know what I mean :-)
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    LOL...thank you all for your feedback.  It is greatly appreciated.

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Silver and blue definitely!    =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Can't even IMAGINE why you picked that one Mike! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Mike and Verna - So predictable :-)
  • Options
    I'll stick with the silver on silver, save colors for other stuff. Besides, kinda gives the 'ol T@B a retro look. B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Other stuff -> Pink Flamingos, blue flamingos, orange flamigos, green flamingos, rope lighting in various colors I'm sure ... I almost thru up just typing that :-)
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,505
    If you like being a little different, I think there are fewer blue ones out there.  Check the Poll!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Michigan_Mike LOL...yes, that is the exact colour combo I'm looking at buying. 
  • Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    LauraRey said:
    3. I'm torn between two colours.  The local dealer has a silver and blue one....and a red and white.  Decisions, decisions.
    too funny. I delayed our order for over a month because I couldn't decide on a colour combo. Every time I thought I'd decided someone would post another photo of a different combo and I'd think wow, that looks great!  Eventually we went with silver w/ black trim. I've decided I'll accessorize with window coverings. Now my dilemma is whether to buy a coordinating tent or stick with silver/black. :-) 
    Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim
  • Options
    PXL, I'm sure you're familiar with all sorts, shapes, colors, and sizes of flamingos.
    1. Does your campsite look like the Florida coast?
    2. Do 'ya wrap the rope light around your waist in your pink flamingo skivvies to see when 'ya change the propane tank at 2:00 am to scare off the Nightcrawlers & Slugs?
     :s  :o=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    SnapDog said:
    . I delayed our order for over a month because I couldn't decide on a colour combo. 
    LOL..Yeah, it is nice though not to have to buy beige/brown. 
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    LauraRey said:
    What color is your tow vehicle?
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    AldebaranJill  It's silver. :)  That's why I'm leaning toward the silver and blue.  The red and white is very cute though and has the nicer leather upholstery.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    We ordered silver and red. I told DH that smooshed bugs and road dirt on white would drive him nuts. He agreed.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    We ordered silver and red. I told DH that smooshed bugs and road dirt on white would drive him nuts. He agreed.
    Black streaks are worse than bugs......
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Verna, oh thanks... Same reason if we had bought an Airstream that man would spend his waking moments polishing it. Somewhere I've bookmarked your list of cleaning supplies for such purposes (Thank you!) Good thing I have time to go through all this before we get our T@B!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    LauraRey said:
    AldebaranJill  It's silver. :)  That's why I'm leaning toward the silver and blue.  The red and white is very cute though and has the nicer leather upholstery.

Gotta match the tow vehicle :-) 
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    So, I'm thinking about swapping my Subaru Forrester for a Honda Ridgeline so I can tow a bit easier.   
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    A Ridgeline is a big jump over a Forester in terms of engine HP and towing capacity.
    Does the Forester even have enough towing capacity for a T@B?
    Most Subaru owners on this forum are driving an Outback model with 3500 lb towing capacity.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    Yeah, I have an older Forester that is rated at 2400. So, right at the limit.  The new ones aren't rated to tow much of anything.  

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    With the early Dutchmen T@Bs, if you ordered a front window you couldn't get the 3-way fridge.  When LG started implementing the 3-way together with an operable front window, I wondered why it was no longer a concern.  However, I've never heard of someone being told they can't open the window.  If that's such a concern, I'm sure LG wouldn't be able to sell them in that configuration.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    I agree, Crystal @TABaker
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    LauraRey said:
    Yeah, I have an older Forester that is rated at 2400. So, right at the limit.  The new ones aren't rated to tow much of anything.  

Yep, that was Subaru's unfortunate decision to replace their transmissions in newer models with CVTs.  They have lower power limits so out goes the towing capacity.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103

I know no matter what color you choose, the T@B's are so Cool it doesn't matter.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.