Are you 6' tall?

I just discovered the T@B as well as this forum.  I'm fascinated with the version with the kitchen and bathroom inside the trailer.  Are there any folks out there with one of these who is 6' tall. How are you coping with the low ceiling?

Comments

• marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I'm 6'2 and, after the first day, I just sort of forgot about it. You become acclimated, I think. No head bumps and no discomfort. You pretty much have to sit down to take a shower but that's not a big issue to me and much better than using a public shower. As indelicate as this may be, standing up to use the toilet is a little comical as it takes a bit of contortion to accomplish. Other than that, I will honestly tell you that, for me, I don't even notice.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    pgustaf249, I also am 6' tall, and have to say ditto to what marknjudy said in their above comment. After the first trip, you don't even notice anymore other than the shower & toilet, and "ya just get used to it. ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Even if you're short, sitting down for the shower is the preferred method :-)
    I hadn't thought about that, but my wife is 5'2 and I think she sits as well.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    5'3 1/2" and I stand for my shower....because I can ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Actually, I stand to get wet, sit to scrub, stand to rinse :-)
    @verna: now you're just braggin' :)
  • FandN_SCFandN_SC Member Posts: 3
    We are looking at a 2017 Outback S model and I have noticed the same height issue with the ceiling as I'm 6'2" myself. I feel I can live with leaning over a little and I think I'd get use to it quickly.  How do those of you that are over 6 feet tall find sleeping on the bed in a S model? 
    I'll go in feet first. :) I don't have any problem with that aspect either. If I scoot my head towards the top, all of me fits, but then I have to worry about banging my head when I sit up, so I tend to scoot down a bit to prevent that. I usually just bend my knees a little and I'm back on the bed or I let them dangle off the end and that doesn't bother me either. Someone in an earlier thread who was three to five inches taller than me came up with a very creative solution using a collapsible cube between the bed and the refrigerator and one of the small side cushions to extend the bed. I can't recall the thread or even the topic or I'd link to it.
    Ok, Verna, rub it in. I do the same as PXL and it works well, just have to stand at the end where the shower head is. Tried straddling the toilet, but got my foot stuck......... :s Didn't tell Liz about that one, so don't tell! :o
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

"Tried straddling the toilet, but got my foot stuck......... s Didn't tell Liz about that one, so don't tell! o "

Now that's just plain funny!

edited March 2017
    Worst part was, it took a while to get unstuck, water was still on while I was stuck and it got kinda chilly (ok, cold, and still nice and soaped down, and it kinda shocked me that I got stuck in the first place) before I managed to get it unstuck. Duh, didn't even think about hitting the button to turn the water off, was more worried about Liz asking me what was taking so long.?! Again :o:s:|, unstuck :) Learned some new dance moves to boot! =) Never said camping with us was boring.
    Spokane, Wa.

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    marknjudy said:
    Someone in an earlier thread who was three to five inches taller than me came up with a very creative solution using a collapsible cube between the bed and the refrigerator and one of the small side cushions to extend the bed. I can't recall the thread or even the topic or I'd link to it.

That was @webcrawler in this thread: http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/53539#Comment_53539
    A collapsible foot stool might work as well (same kind you'd use with T@B side tent) plus Velcro to hold the side cushion in place.
    Something more elaborate would be hinged legs with extension shelf or collapsible shelf brackets to hold an extension.
    In either case the result would be 1-2ft extension on the passenger side couch that is removed during the day.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Yes, I'm 6'2", and the only trouble I've noticed is trying to stand at the sink/stove for any period of time, like doing dishes et al. Gives a bit of a backache.

As far as the bed, we sleep crosswise, and I sleep a bit kitty-corner, with no problem at all. DW is 5'8", and says she doesn't feel cramped by it.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • TulsaTimeTulsaTime Member Posts: 21
    In the CS-S my head and feet can touch the walls, but sleeping at a slight angle makes that a non event.  When I look in the mirror to shave, what I see is not my face!  That could be remedyed by attaching one to the inside of the cabinet doors. 
  • pgustaf249pgustaf249 Member Posts: 2
    So if y'all use a collapsible foot stool to extend the length of the bed it sounds like y'all are sleeping parallel to the length of the trailer.  Is that correct?
  • wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    At 5'11" I can't quite stand either, but it's close.  I can sleep east-west on the bed just fine with my 5"4' wife.  We have the CS (no shower). It gets real interesting though when you got two times 2-year olds crawling between you when you're trying to sleep, and keeping them from falling off the end. :o
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    edited March 2017
    ericnliz said:
    Worst part was, it took a while to get unstuck, water was still on while I was stuck and it got kinda chilly (ok, cold, and still nice and soaped down, and it kinda shocked me that I got stuck in the first place) before I managed to get it unstuck. Duh, didn't even think about hitting the button to turn the water off, was more worried about Liz asking me what was taking so long.?! Again :o:s:|, unstuck :) Learned some new dance moves to boot! =) Never said camping with us was boring.

ds@work and I are rolling...this is too funny! :lol: 

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • thelawgoddessthelawgoddess Member Posts: 7
    Hubby is 6'2". He refuses to use the bathroom/shower. (It was more of a requirement for me and our little one anyway.) He doesn't seem to have an issue with the interior height really, but he does hit his head on the back cupboard pretty often. (We sleep with our heads under there.)
    2016 T@B M@x S Sofitel • Huntsville, AL

• webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    pgustaf249 

I am 6'-4" and I make The little T@b work.  This video shows a little about it including the sleeping extension toward the end.

hbttps://youtu.be/7tzbavBjIkE
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
    edited March 2017
    This may seem off topic but hang with me. If you're 6' or over you NEED to lose the fold down table and go with bed slats. I have loved my T@b since the day I saw her but have had a troubled relationship with that table. I tolerated it but it made the space a little 'cozy'. This is the first weekend with no table and with slats and my camper feels twice as spacious! We don't have a table because we haven't decided on what we want; but I've decided no table would serve me just fine. 

I'm not showing pics or listing it as a mod because it's been done dozens of times. I'm putting it here because tall people need to know this and the title of this thread relates to people over 6'. I just fell in love with my T@b all over again. Best $30 and half hour I've ever spent. 
  • dundonsdundons Member Posts: 36
    I'm 6' and that fact caused us to buy the T@B CS model with kitchen out back and no indoor plunbing.
     2016 T@B CS/ 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    I am 6'1" and I have adapted to the T@B just fine.  Bathroom, everything I do in there I do sitting.  It is just easier to back in and sit down.  I have done dishes kneeling at the counter and cooked sitting on the end of the setee.  When I have a choice I just do my dishes outside and I cook on the grill while my wife does the inside cooking.  I have done a few head bumps when getting out of bed but it almost instinctive now to slide down and then sit up.  I don't have any issues with the length of the bed.  We did get rid of the stock table and put in bed slats.  With no table in the camper it feels huge inside.  We have a small tray we can sit on the settee between us for snacks.  We have a small table that we can use inside or in the tent if we can't use the picnic table.  
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• rgbarneyrgbarney Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2017
    I'm 6'4" and have had no trouble living in our S for more than 80 nights in the past 24 months. I've slept on plenty of too short beds in my day so the T@B bed is no big deal for me.

If I needed to stand and cook for any length of time that would be an issue, but my wife does the cooking. Washing dishes is my job but hasn't been too much of a problem.
  • db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    marknjudy said:
    This may seem off topic but hang with me. If you're 6' or over you NEED to lose the fold down table and go with bed slats. I have loved my T@b since the day I saw her but have had a troubled relationship with that table. I tolerated it but it made the space a little 'cozy'. This is the first weekend with no table and with slats and my camper feels twice as spacious! We don't have a table because we haven't decided on what we want; but I've decided no table would serve me just fine. 

I'm not showing pics or listing it as a mod because it's been done dozens of times. I'm putting it here because tall people need to know this and the title of this thread relates to people over 6'. I just fell in love with my T@b all over again. Best $30 and half hour I've ever spent. 
    We bought the Walmart table when we put in the slats.  We've used a couple of slats as a coffee table, and now just use slats for eating inside.  If it's nice we eat outside anyway.  

2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• jenmillerjenmiller Member Posts: 3
    My dad is 6'2", he banged his head twice or thrice, after which he is now cautious to avoid banging. But he loves staying inside it.
  • DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2017
    I'm 6' and have adjusted well to the T@B. It's small enough that you're not doing a lot of walking around in there. The bathroom can be a bit tricky so I'll typically use the park restroom. My 5' wife loves it though. As for sleeping, I sleep at a mostly an angle and it works well for us.
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2017
    My husband is 6’2” and we sleep with our heads toward the front. Didn’t even consider the cs due to the smaller bed. Husband sleeps on the passenger side because it’s open and he has more room. We have a 2016 Q with an outdoor shower, so bath isn’t an issue. He sits to dry dishes and I do any inside cooking. We’ve adapted to the size and
    it works for us. 
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• GailandJohnGailandJohn Member Posts: 123
    My husband is 6'1" and he adjusted easily. I've mentioned perhaps getting a 400 in the future because of the larger bathroom and taller ceilings, but he said our little outback is just fine. :)

Gail & John 

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 154
    I'm 6' 5" and have spent my life wondering how it would feel to sleep with my feet under the covers...

WilliamA
    2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Can generally be found around west-central Wisconsin.