West Coast sponsored event?

ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
I know that the event on the East Coast is huge (uCamp 17), and I'm not in any way trying to take away from that event at all. I was just curious if a West Coast sponsored event is plausible, or even possible. The reason I'm asking is that I know there are folks here that would love an event like this to happen here (or closer) as well. To say that it is a long trip to the Eastern event is an understatement. I'm thinking 3-4 days there, and the same back, plus the time spent at the event itself. I'm not real sure a lot of folks have that much time, money, or stamina for a trip of that caliber. I've spoke to a few that are going to our local East meets West Washington style event ( We now have 30 folks attending), and they agree, a very long trip. The interest is most definitely here, and I know if it could happen, it would be a great success! Any thoughts, or comments would be appreciated. Would LOVE to see this happen if at all possible. Thanks.
Eric
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Just a side note on the above for the East Meets West Washington event: We would have had more in attendance, but the campground ran out of  available spots!  :o:s;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    =) Two Thumbs UP for this suggestion.
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • ORtravlerORtravler Member Posts: 3
    This is a wonderful idea and we would surely attend!
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Forwarded....my plate is a little full for the next 2 1/2 weeks.....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @ericnliz that is a wonderful idea! For us to go back East is 4 days each way plus the event, so 12 days and right now Mr. Homebody doesn't have that much vacation and what he does have needs to go (every year, once or twice) in part to see family and his mom who will be 91 this year. Also we need more lead time for summer as I booked out my trips a few months ago, and the Mr. needs to put his requests in far in advance. I have to get mine in before my boss does, so to know ahead of time would be helpful. I'd be fine with knowing a 2018 set of tentative dates by this fall. I also know that NuCamp is just getting this kind of stuff up and running, and I appreciate what they have pulled together so far!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    @Homebodyatheart , and @Verna. Ladies, ladies, :) I was making an inquiry for THE FUTURE! 2018 would probably be the earliest anything would, or could happen in any event. I was only trying to get some feedback/ideas, and to see if this would/could come to fruition. I had NO intent to shove this down anyone's throat at all. My intent was to see how much interest there would be, and if NuCamp would be open to this option. That is still my intent, and I am STILL hoping for feedback, and opinions.
    @Verna, thanks for the forward! I Know you're a busy lady, and appreciate to the utmost all you do for all of us! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

@ericnliz Sorry if I misrepresented my intentions. I was just pointing out that some trips take more advance notice for many of us than others. No doubts about your intent, either! :bee:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    @Homebodyatheart, Thanks for the reply, I appreciated it a lot. Kinda felt like I started out on the wrong foot, and was wondering why. :o:s
    I agree with the amount of time involved in going back to Ohio, and that it is not at all even feasible for a lot of us living on the West Coast.....hence, the posting, and inquiry about a closer event. Keep sharing though, it helps! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

@ericnliz it's a great idea, and it would draw a lot of folks! Actually it would be nice to see at least three:East coast, Mid-West, and West coast. They would be better attended if they were regional, open to all of course!
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    Or we could have a really big one in the middle for all of us. Imagine 200 plus T@Bs I one place.
                       T@Bs Rule 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    Thanks @Dalehelman, I KNEW you'd chime in, and you're right T@Bs Rule. Gonna have to find a bigger campground! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

Here's the reply from Scott Hubble at nüCamp:

"Wow…too much for me to think of at this point…but if we collectively file it in the back of our minds and have some strong support, I don’t see why we couldn’t in the future."

And from me....don't forget the T@G's, and Teardrop Enthusiasts. I would never want to exclude the other "pull behind" products of nüCamp/Pleasant Valley. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    I would LOVE a west coast event. 
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133
    Awesome Ideal Eric!  we would definitely attend,

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    There have been two T@Bazonas in January 2016 and 2017.  Doesn't that count as a Western T@B get together?
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH

Allie said:

There have been two T@Bazonas in January 2016 and 2017.  Doesn't that count as a Western T@B get together?

Allie, the Tabazona was not sponsored by nüCamp, but rather a gathering started by the wonderful residents of Arizona who are T@B owners and wanted to have a T@B/T@G/anyone else gathering. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    I would have attended the T@bazona Arizona event, but I'm not traversing the mountains in January from up North.  
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

Verna said:

Here's the reply from Scott Hubble at nüCamp:

"Wow…too much for me to think of at this point…but if we collectively file it in the back of our minds and have some strong support, I don’t see why we couldn’t in the future."

And from me....don't forget the T@G's, and Teardrop Enthusiasts. I would never want to exclude the other "pull behind" products of nüCamp/Pleasant Valley. 

As far as V's last thought:

You CAN'T discount the "Zombies". Much of T@B's success has been folks seeing its amazing compact size and cuteness in its natural h@bit@t. Tenters wanting to step up quietly into the trailering world, RV folks seeing that "less is more". The "Zombie Effect" has been an amazing marketing tool. So many T@B, T@Gs and teardrops in one place would have the zombies in overload! Of course, it'll be hard to distinguish zombies from T@B(G)bers... Everyone dr00ling over everyone else's mods!!! :) I think the folks at NüCamp knows this as well, but have hands full. That the forum is still gaining new T@B/T@G folks is proof this market is not going to stay a small niche for long. 

The fun stuff local folks are doing together (breakfast!) alone is a benefit!! I just love these trailers so much (and the unique, genius and eclectic owners). Even if I only get to see a video or pictures, it would still be awesome (I wonder if I can sneak a smallish Black and Orange Retro Toy Hauler somewhere in the back of the campground and do the zombie walk). :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • AllieAllie Member Posts: 194

Verna said:

Allie said:

Allie, the Tabazona was not sponsored by nüCamp, but rather a gathering started by the wonderful residents of Arizona who are T@B owners and wanted to have a T@B/T@G/anyone else gathering. 

Thank you for clarifying that Verna.  It would be nice if there could be a sponsored event out west, but it could be costly for the company.  In addition to finding a campground in an unfamiliar area willing to take all us rowdies.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
    @Verna,
    #1-Thanks for sharing Scott Hubble's reply! ( A little enticement, maybe? I'll throw prime rib on the Pitt Barrel for all nuCamp employees that attend!  =) Heck, last time I did prime rib, we had the Sheriff, Park Rangers, and Camp Host over for dinner! )
    #2-Of course Everyone is invited, T@Bs, T@Gs, Te@rdrops, even @Ratkity with her Retro Toy Hauler! Come one, come all!
    #3- Zombies are a given. There's been times I wondered HOW they found us!
    #4- "In addition to finding a campground in an unfamiliar area willing to take all us rowdies." @Allie, by the time they figure that one out, it will be WAAAAAAY too late! Figure out a place, have locals check out availability, get back to nuCamp, and away 'ya go!
    One last thought..... @Verna, @Michigan_Mike, and Scott Hubble, believe me when I tell you, if you could make this happen, it would be a TOTAL success! The interest is definitely here!
    I am fully aware you folks have your hands full with various things on your plate right now, which is the reason I brought this up as "food for thought" for the future.
    Thank you for your kind consideration.
    Eric
    Spokane, Wa.

A tried and true location for large rallies are the  various state and county fairgrounds throughout the country. Many are set up with water and electric. Since many of them sit idle a large part of the time picking a  time is a lot more flexible. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    Good point @Dalehelman!
    Spokane, Wa.

Awesome idea, @Dalehelman!  

The first things you guys would need to do to help nüCamp, would be to contact the fairgrounds to see what they charge, electric sites seem to be the first preference, check for RV dump facilities and see what timetables they have for availability. Please don't make concrete plans as the there needs to be coordination with nüCamp. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    @Verna, Thanks! We have a breakfast meeting coming up the 2nd Saturday of May, and a Rally at the end of May. I'm sure the subject will come up, and we'll see how many alternatives we can come up with.
    Spokane, Wa.

What would be nice is if we had a national T@B organization. Then we could set up regional and local chapters to organize and coordinate all kinds of events. Nu Camps plate is probably pretty full just maintaining building their dealer network.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    @Dalehelman, Hmmm that's a thought. Folks, keep the ideas coming in, we'll figure something out.  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

@Dalehelman, can you imagine removing some products and what it takes to produce them from your well-oiled production lines, ramp up production of your new T@B 400 line, continue to prove the T@B 320 and the two T@G's, hire marketing people, rearrange your business model and deal with all the little bumps that come along?  I don't think they will have any time to breathe for a few months!  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    I would think that a T@B owner group would be better organized by T@B owners. The manufacturer should do what they do best. Continue to build a great product. JMHO
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    @Dalehelman, Ok, ( and 'ya probably saw this one comin'! )......I vote @Dalehelman for President & Founder of the National T@B Organization! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

I think Verna is a natural. The first woman President.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun