Options

Black tank valve impeding the left front stabilizer?

MitchMitch Member Posts: 8
OK, I'm new here, and we just got our t@b a few days ago. I tried a search on the site and didn't find anything about this, but I can't be the only one to experience this...OR, I could just be stupid. 

But has anyone else experienced trying to lower the driver front stabilizer and running into the valve pull on the black tank? I was able to bend and manipulate it enough to finish, but I hope this isn't SOP. I'm afraid of putting that much stress on the plastic valve release. Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the great info on this forum!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @Mitch, it sounds like it might be a 'faulty' plumbing job. Maybe they measured the PVC poorly at the factory?
    Do you have any photos?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited May 2017

Here's one thread: http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/4725/any-solutions-for-the-trailer-stabilizer-jack-hitting-the-black-tank-valve

There is another thread that shows a ground down pad nüCamp will provide if you contact them. I could not find that thread.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    Thanks for the speedy replies, ChanW and TabberJohn! It looks as though I won't need to submit pix, as TJ's link leads to a number of comments on the same problem, along with some solutions. I may have to check on the ground-down pad at nuCamp.
  • Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    I had the same problem.  I contacted warranty and they sent me a new pad that has that side cut off.  They did a real nice job; smoothed down the edges and repainted after the mod.  No charge!

• Options
    pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    We have the same issue.  Glad to see we are not the only ones!  It is not a big deal, but will think about using the grinder on that side.....good idea!
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV
  • Options
    Kurt_SueAnnKurt_SueAnn Member Posts: 10
    Just trimmed mine with a hacksaw, file and rust preventing spray paint. Took about 45 minutes! Thanks for the picture, gave me the confidence to go ahead an do mine as this was exactly what I had been considering.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,485
    I wonder what has changed. I don't have this issue on my 2015.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Here's the answer from Renee in the warranty department:

"This is something that started when we connected the gray tank drain to the black tank drain, a few of  these left the factory before we found this problem.

It has been redesigned so that it no longer hits the stabilizer jack.

We also offer to send out a grinded down replacement foot for the stabilizer jack if your unit has this issue."

So, call the warranty department at nüCamp and they will send you the new foot.

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited May 2017
    @Verna, Thanks for digging in to this one for us! Glad nuCamp found the problem, offered a fix ( for those affected ), and took the time to investigate, and redesign! As always: A company that listens to, and responds to their customers wants, needs, and concerns. My hat is off to them, and I, for one am extremely happy to have them as, ok, I'll say it.... A Partner! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Jfrost6Jfrost6 Member Posts: 11
    Doesn't grinding down the foot affect the ability of the stabilizer?  My t@b has the same issue and to me I would rather not pull up the foot the last couple of inches for travel and know that the footprint of the stabilizer will perform as intended.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410

Jfrost6 said:

Doesn't grinding down the foot affect the ability of the stabilizer?  My t@b has the same issue and to me I would rather not pull up the foot the last couple of inches for travel and know that the footprint of the stabilizer will perform as intended.

X2
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    @Verna Thank you! Just finished talking with Renee about a new stabilizer foot. If anyone else needs this change done, Renee requested that a photo be included so that they will know how much to grind off.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    @Jfrost6 I don't think it will make much of a difference on mine. I need maybe just a quarter of an inch taken off.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394

Jfrost6 said:

It's more of a pad than a foot. It is primarily to help the weight of the stabilizers to not sink into soft ground and to protect the surface the stabilizer meets the ground.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,485
    What jkjenn said. It's the pivot points and the arm that bear the load, and that is not affected by the modification to the foot. If you are on really soft ground you will probably need an additional pad anyway.

RDWHAHB (and camp on!)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    My sister's Alto doesn't even have FEET!! OMG.. the stabilizers look weird. They have the holes to put them on, but don't have em. I asked her if she was going to put some feet on and she shrugged. She didn't seem concerned. They've kept camping and had no issues. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)