Options

East Meets West, Washington Style! May 18-20, 2017

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited May 2017
    @j_ntabowners  Hey, easy now, 'ya don't wanna have to make MORE beer runs!  :o
    By the way, I'm bringin' two cases, what are YOU drinkin'? =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Think I'm gonna need a bigger boat! :s
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @ericnliz, maybe @j_ntabowners has a delivery service set up or something. Guess you can dream, huh?!  B)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, One way or the other, I'll make room, always do. Just have to be a bit, shall we say....CREATIVE! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    Late to the party, but count us in. Just reserved Site 62 for Thursday and Friday nights.  I'm so excited. Will read the entire thread to know what we need to bring, etc.  Any further instructions, just let me know.  WE include, Darrell, Jeanne and Sadie. 

2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Jeanne, Yipee! More folks, and welcome! :)  Friday is the BBQ potluck. Read through the previous posts. If 'ya have any questions, please feel free to ask! Where will you be coming from?
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133

@ericnlix I like a nip of fireball once in a while but stick mostly to plain ol' Coor's light most days. 

@homebodyatheart There's a Costco and Wal-Mart within a short driving distance from Lincoln Rock if needed :)

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options
    @j_ntabowners, REALLY, Colorado ( Coors ) KOOLAID? Never mind, Fireball is already packed!
    Thanks for the info on the Costco. How far away? Might save me havin' to pack ribs & pork loin on the way there!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    OK Ericnliz, (somebody tell me how you tag someone with the @ sign, because I am not figuring out). We are coming from Richland. Will get there Thursday afternoon.  We NEED an introduction time at the dessert potluck to start putting names with faces and where everybody is from. Just read you couldn't bring ice cream because no freezer, so I am considering bringing ice cream maker, ice, and salt with premixed ingredients for Thursday night.  
    Donations to you for the Friday barbecue there, or do you want it before?
    Can't think of any other questions, need to go out and drain the antifreeze. This will be our first trip out for the year. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options

Eric,  about 10 miles away in East Wenatchee.  Here's the link with the location and hours
    https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locations/warehouse-112.html?langId=-1&storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&warehouseNumber=112 

States Visited Map

• Options
    @Jeanne, Before you start someone's name. Hit the @, no space, then start typing their name. ( I had to figure that one out too!  :o)
    The intro time will come as folks start gathering...hmmm.. good thought...anybody got those stick-on name tags? That would certainly solve THAT problem.
    ICE CREAM! I love ice cream! Electric, or the old fashioned crank type? Don't forget to put the paddles back in before you put the top on. I did that...once ( the old manual crank style ). Couldn't figure out why the ice cream wasn't starting to get thick...until I walked in the kitchen & saw the paddles sitting on the counter top!  :o:s It was 2 hours later, and we had traded off several times ( 'cause our arms got tired! ;)
    Donations are welcome anytime, don't worry about before. :)
    Any more questions, @Homebodyatheart  will probably chime in here, or maybe @Dalehelman, if he's not in the middle of another modification!
    @j_ntabowners live close by Lincoln Rock, so local questions should be directed his (Jim's ) way.
    Glad you can make it, and look forward to meeting you folks!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz I'm just guessin' maybe the paddles were lying next to the Kokanee empties? :)

States Visited Map

• Options
    @j_ntabowners, Nope, had a keg that time! =)
    How far away is Costco from Lincoln Rock? 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

Eric,  about 10 miles away in East Wenatchee.  Here's the link with the location and hours
    https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locations/warehouse-112.html?langId=-1&storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&warehouseNumber=112 

about 10 miles :)

States Visited Map

• Options
    @ericnliz... this isn't rocket science... (sigh...) https://www.google.com/maps/place/Costco+Wholesale/@47.4014281,-120.2798355,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xa3533150d1d33a18!8m2!3d47.4014281!4d-120.2798355

Also @ericnliz I bet you could call that Costco and have the meat department hold the meat for you in the back cooler so you can be sure to get what you want. Might be worth a call!

Jeanne, I'm so excited that you, Darrell and Sadie will be able to come, and that you got a site! I plan to bring stick on name tags so folk can put their name and what type and year of rig on it. You are also my new best friend if ice cream shows up  :). Thursday dessert potluck will be about 7pm. In theory Jim is going to go early and snag a covered area/gathering space we can meet up in for the weekend. Friday about 10am we will have a 'tour of homes' and someone suggested we make a list of the mods we have done so people know what to look for. We will probably give @Dalehelman a pass on the list as he would surely get writers cramps from his long and fascinating list of mods. Friday sometime Jim has offered to take any interested folk on a hike as he knows the area well. @ericnliz and Mr. Homebodyatheart (Dan) will be watching dinner cook, um, attending to the cooking. Potluck dinner 5 or so. (side note...Mr. H prefers diet pop...). Some people are getting there Thursday, some Friday, and some Saturday. Some are leaving Saturday, some Sunday. No other events are planned that I know of, just lots of time to meet up and get to know each other, nap, swim, whatever your passion is.

See everyone there!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Thanks for the run-down & the name tags!  :)

Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Fishin', is there fishin'???????????? ( Liz wanted to know! ;) )
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Just a thought, how 'bout during the " Tour of Homes", we have a contest to see who can spot the most mods on each one before they show their list? A little guess the mods game!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Head count now 33 folks, an assortment of dogs, 17 T@bs, and 1 T@D@. This will  be fun!
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410

I would like to remind everyone. If you have camping ⛺️ or RV related items you no longer need. Bring them along put a price or make offer on them, and display them during the trailer tour. At the T@Bazona rally someone got a great deal on a Bal leveler. Thanks to Jill. I will have a trailer  tongue lock and a few other things available. We also had  participants display art, crafts, jewelry, and  collectibles.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    To everyone traveling to this event:
    Yesterday, we took the Avalanche in for an oil change, and to check out a "weird squeaking, rubbing noise" in the rear. Since Liz usually drives this vehicle, and is not mechanically inclined, when I drove it, the noise was of a concern. The noise turned out be a rear "U" joint getting ready to fail. That could have been a disaster to a much anticipated fun trip. Just a heads up for those of you traveling, that "ya might want to get a good once over general look done on your tow vehicle. I'm certainly glad we did. Was absolutely worth the $159.00 total bill for the piece of mind!  :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Big Red goes in for fresh oil and a once over Monday.  ;)
  • Options
    Pika1Pika1 Member Posts: 29
    @Homebodyatheart, @ericnliz, dessert picked out for Thursday and hot, buttered garlic bread for the BBQ. So many things to get ready and check out. First trip of the season.
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442

Big Red goes in for fresh oil and a once over Monday.  ;)

Large Marge had her 15k service done last month, so good from that end!

I do plan to change ball mounts though.  The existing 5.75" drop puts the T@B just ever slightly low on the front when fully loaded.  We don't have the auto level air suspension on the Q7 so the soft springs have a lot of give back there.  I'm thinking a 4" drop should do the trick.  :no_mouth:
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Pika1, A list you can use over & over works. :) Try a plastic cover over stiff paper (the back of a tablet [cardboard] works good), and a dry marker. Write your list on the stiff cardboard, or paper, and slide the plastic cover over it. That way you can just line through, or check-off as you go down the list with the dry marker. If 'ya run out of room on one side, flip it over to continue your list! Good part is you can add, and change for different type trips ( boondocking versus full, or partial hook-ups). When you're done, just wipe it clean for the next trip. Just an idea. ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Pika1Pika1 Member Posts: 29
    @ericnliz, Nifty idea. A great way to replace the the folded, thread bare list we have been using for many camping years.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Pika1, Ha, that's funny! :) Last list I had, ran out of Scotch Tape repairing it! Not to mention, looking at the ol' wore out piece of paper...."Now, what did that USED to say?" :o:s
    Side note: Garlic bread....Love garlic bread! Oh, and so does Liz, 'Ya might wanna get in line in FRONT of her! I know this from having to re-order multiple times at Italian restaurants! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Note for all "Easterners" We: @Dalehelman, @Homebodyatheart, and @ericnliz, plan to "caravan to Lincoln Rock. We'll be leaving the Spokane area about 8:00 am, and will rendezvous at the Sprague Lake Rest Area probably about 8:45 to 9:00. If you would like to join the "caravan", please let us know if this works for you, and if you'd like to join in. Thanks!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

Speaking of lists  @ericnliz

top of my list for Wednesday night's prep 

1 MAKE APPLE PIE

2 Everything else

States Visited Map

• Options
    @j_ntabowners:)=);)B)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spokane, Wa.

This discussion has been closed.