2018 T@B and T@G Changes Announced

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
edited December 2017 in Looking to purchase a trailer?

Yes, this photo isn't resized--my resizing app made it fuzzy.  And yes, we already know many of these, but just n case you missed it....here it is ;)
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Solar standard -- WOOT!

Seeing the 3-way fridge coming to the CS models will also be a welcome addition.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I'm glad those things are now standard, but a bit perturbed that we had to pay a lot extra for the front window and outside shower for our 2017 that came this year. It is what it is I guess, but it would have been nice, and saved some serious money.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • TennTimTennTim Member Posts: 8
    My read is that the solar is a now available "package."

As for the standard features, we haven't seen the updated standard price.  ;) My hunch is you will feel less disappointed. 

Any pictures of this updated T@G headboard?
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

Solar standard -- WOOT!

Seeing the 3-way fridge coming to the CS models will also be a welcome addition.

@wizard1880, no, there will be a solar package available. It is an option. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Just as I'm about to pick out fabric to cover my bench cushions.....lol
    This will be a nice addition for folks, not for nothin' the current fabric choices are, well, ....meh :neutral:
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @IrishCamper74, email elsie@nucamprv.com. I've been working with her on new foam for my cushion seats and she can help you.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442

Verna said:

Solar standard -- WOOT!

@wizard1880, no, there will be a solar package available. It is an option. 

Oops you're right--nevermind, I misread.

Still great that it's offered, nonetheless!
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Finn12Finn12 Member Posts: 22
    Oh, so envious of the front cabinet/drawers in the CS-S!!  I've been using plastic storage bins there (due to lack of carpentry skills). 
    2017 T@B CS-S Max White with Plum Metallic towed by 2019 BMW X3
  • CowboyCowboy Member Posts: 1
    Excited about the solar option. As most of my camping will be at competitions on ranges, dry camping will be the majority of my camping after I get one. This is great news!
  • mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    I ordered my 2017 in may of 2016..  took del. on 7/27/2016   had them put lic plate on clamshell back.. had counter & sink & drawers inside  took out sink in bath....  added ext. storage door  ... removed tv from gallery...   I guess they were  making more custom models.. standard stuff now..
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    So I wonder if the single termination valve will be available as a "part" for modification on existing T@bs.  I would love to have this but not sure about getting all of the off the shelf pieces and constructing one myself.  (Although I might re-read all of the how-to posts on this forum and get brave enough to tackle it).
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited May 2017
    @foxden, All I can tell you about the single termination valve is this....once you have it done, you'll LOVE IT! Used mine for the first time this weekend ( A really BIG thanks to @Dalehelman again for this mod!) , and wished I'd done it a lot sooner. I've watched Dale do four of them now, one of them coached @DouayHA) through the process. Might want to get some tips so you'd feel more "comfortable" doing this. Believe me, you won't regret it once it's done!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

@foxden I heartily second @ericnliz comments! I had this mod done before my first campout and even though I'd never owned a trailer much less dumped before it was a breeze! Now I've been out twice and there is absolutely nothing to dumping with one outlet! Go for it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • gophergradgophergrad Member Posts: 115
    I will probably pay to upgrade to the 3 way fridge on my CS-S.  Do you think my dealer can do the single termination outlet?
    2017 CS-S Max (Silver & Yellow), TV 2019 Ram 1500
    Camping under the Big Sky
  • SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    @foxden I agree! This would be a top of the list mod for me, but all I can think of is What if I mess it up. Yuck! 
    Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited November 2017
    For a 2018 T@B, what is the difference between a "T@B S", "TAB Max S", and a "T@B 320 S"?
    Also:
    Which model(s)/year(s) have a sink in the corner of the shower?
    When was an additional table-mounting bracket added to the outside passenger side wall?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    edited November 2017
    @BrianZ, "Max" was used to designate the full-featured package offered in the days when Little Guy and Pleasant Valley (now nuCamp) were collaborating. There were models with fewer features called the "Basic" and "QuickStart" but you rarely if ever encountered one of those. Now independent, nuCamp appears to have dropped these from the standard offerings, so all T@Bs are essentially a "Max." 

The "320" designates the size of the trailer, distinguishing it from the larger 400 that nuCamp recently introduced. These monikers mimic those used in Europe, where similar looking T@Bs are produced by a different company.

In all cases, the "S" designates models with a wet bath.

I think early LG/PV T@Bs were equipped with bath sinks, but they were dropped at some point. My 2015 does not have one. I'm not sure the current status of those fixtures, but the nuCamp site does list them as standard on S models.

I'm also not sure about the outside table bracket. The Lagun table was added sometime after 2015, but I'm not sure if the outside bracket was standard. Many owners did retrofit their older T@Bs when the Lagun became available.

I think I've got this history right--someone please correct me if not!
    2015 T@B S
    Thank you, Scott, for the T@B history lesson.  That does explain a lot.  So, if I understand correctly, then for our 2018 all three terminologies would be equivalent for a non-400 model T@B with shower. 

The reason I asked is because when we bought ours in August, the sales contract listed it as "T@B Max S", and I questioned the dealer about it, saying that I was expecting it to be listed as a "T@B 320 S".  He offered to change it if I preferred, but not wanting to create unnecessary work, I said if they're the same, then it doesn't matter.  However, I was surprised again later to see it listed on the Certificate of Origin dated June 2017 as simply "T@B S".  It all struck me as weird, but if this was a time of transition when options had already become standard & a new model was coming out that would also change the name, but not retroactively, then that explains a lot.
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    Yep, for your model year I would interpret them all as meaning he same thing. I suspect the sales people at the dealerships may not always be on top of the recent subtle changes in naming conventions. 
    2015 T@B S
    @BrianZ up until 2018 the outside Lagun mount was an add on. We paid to add it to our 2017 MaxS which was ordered October 2016. We also paid for the front window which is also now standard. I'd do the window again in a heartbeat, but in my first season I've never moved my table to the outside mount. I prefer using a small collapsible camping table outside. That's the beauty of it all, we can personalize them to our hearts content! 
    We only tried the table once on the outside mount, but it was too high up to be useful.  We did however take off the table top and set it across two small camp stools for a nice coffee table while sitting by the camp fire.  We forgot & left it mounted outside overnight when it rained & had a big puddle of water on it next morning.  I was pleasantly surprised that it appeared to be well sealed with no apparent water damage.  I feared that it might have a particle board inside that would swell from water exposure, but it did not.

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    BrianZ said:
    We only tried the table once on the outside mount, but it was too high up to be useful.  We did however take off the table top and set it across two small camp stools for a nice coffee table while sitting by the camp fire.  We forgot & left it mounted outside overnight when it rained & had a big puddle of water on it next morning.  I was pleasantly surprised that it appeared to be well sealed with no apparent water damage.  I feared that it might have a particle board inside that would swell from water exposure, but it did not.

You can modify the Lagun pedestal like this and it does make a difference that allows for use.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    BrianZ, I suspect that some dealers may not have had the most current order form, hence the out dated nomenclature.  The clamshell models still have the sink in the bath, at least our late 2017 model does.  I did not think the outside Lagun mounts are standard except for the Sofitel models.  The outside table height on the S model is limited and requires a modification.  http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3608/lagun-table-pedestal-mod-outside-use/p1

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2017
    I just looked at the nuCamp listed "Features" for each model and they list a wetbath sink with the S model.  Pretty dure that needs an update.  Yes, that needs updated as they list the CS model as a Queen size bed...more like a full size bed.
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Forget upgrading to the 400, the new standard plastic toilet paper roll cover is the reason to sell my 2016 Outback. So tired of having to open and close the Costco trail mix jug for the TP.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Our CS-S is a short queen... Width of queen but only 6' as we sleep wheel to wheel in the clamshell.  Our model has the corner sink in the bath... Seriously considering removing it!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• RogerLRogerL Member Posts: 24
    My dealer just told me that he talked with the manufacturer and he said there is no plan to have a 3-way refrigerator in the new model year T@B clamshells. Does anyone have any additional info on why the change in plans?
    2018 T@B 320CS-S, 2018 GMC Canyon SLT
    Urbana, MD
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @RogerL, To MY knowledge, the only fridge that ever was put in the Clamshell model was a 2 way. I know of a couple of folks here that opted for the ARB fridge instead of the 2 way. If I had a clamshell, I'm pretty sure that's the route I would choose as well, just for the efficiency factor.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

@Tabaz here is my quick, cheap, and easy solution. Thanks to @Dalehelman  for the metal tube!
    Isn't the mirror great for suction cup anythings!  Toothbrush holders, hooks, etc.