Options

What's your take on the T@B table?

Comments

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    marilyncp said:
    I love the table, hate the location.  I moved mine so I can get in and out of bed (I travel alone and only set up the back bench as my bed... I keep it as a day bed with pillows)  I moved it to the bench side near the shoilet... it fits back over the bench but I am able to move it around for 3-4 peeps to use. 
    I would like to see how you mounted it over there, if you could share a pic. I've always thought that would be a much better location. We use it primarily outside or leave it stored.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    dsatwork said:
    marilyncp said:
    I love the table, hate the location.  I moved mine so I can get in and out of bed (I travel alone and only set up the back bench as my bed... I keep it as a day bed with pillows)  I moved it to the bench side near the shoilet... it fits back over the bench but I am able to move it around for 3-4 peeps to use. 
    I would like to see how you mounted it over there, if you could share a pic. I've always thought that would be a much better location. We use it primarily outside or leave it stored.
    I'm going over there today, where it is stored.  I'll take some pics for you and send soon. 
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!

• Options
    @dsatwork your pictures. We added a piece of wood inside and outside for stability too! 
    M@rilyn

• Options
    @marilyncp very nice. Did you consider mounting it to the shower wall?  That's a 2x4 frame I think. I was reserving that space to mount a second 110 plug that would feed off a 1500 watt inverter.   
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    dsatwork said:
    @marilyncp very nice. Did you consider mounting it to the shower wall?  That's a 2x4 frame I think. I was reserving that space to mount a second 110 plug that would feed off a 1500 watt inverter.   
    No I did not consider it.  I honestly like where it is and I like to keep things simple in my T@B. 
    M@rilyn

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    After leaving the Lagun table out of the way in the SUV the last weekend trip, we left it home entirely this time. Day 6 of our 2 week trip and we don't miss it at all. OTOH, we LOVE the $15 Target table I picked up the day before we left. We usually eat under the awning and it's perfect there but it's easy to take it indoors if needed. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    If anyone is interested in selling their Lagun table or just the mount I would be very interested!

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    I just added a long comment and lost it!  I love the @Pop-T@B
     and @Dalehelman table solutions the best.  I like that it can be swung around to be additional kitchen counter workspace as well.  I would like that table modification and this is the only time I have wished that I still had my house and my husband, but mostly my house!  Is there anyone it the midwest that would be willing to do that mod for me?  Wish I had a front opening window and outback tub and front  hitch shelf and front mounted spare as well.  This is an expensive hobby!  I thought dog breeding and showing was expensive!!!.

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @rfuss928- agree!  As another clamshell owner, our table is perfect!  Usually made into the bed, but when needed, it is easy to put up as a table and the perfect size for rainy day board games.  We spend as much time as possible outside... Which is why we have an outside kitchen... But when we need to get out of the weather, our table is just right.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I picked up a new table top when I was down at the factory and use it exclusively on the outside Lagun table mount on the side of the trailer.  We like the new top and it swings out and away from the side of the trailer far enough so that you can sit facing one another which is nice.  I'm very pleased with the factory table and love using it outdoors and under my T@B visor.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    @Michigan_Mike I don't remember what you were using before and since I followed your install instruction, I know you had something?
  • Options
    dsatwork said:
    @Michigan_Mike I don't remember what you were using before and since I followed your install instruction, I know you had something?
    I had a friend make me a table out of maple and I had used it quite a bit. But when we went out to Arizona the table warped on me and rather than have him make another table, I decided to get one from the factory.
  • Options
    dsatwork said:
    I had a friend make me a table out of maple and I had used it quite a bit. But when we went out to Arizona the table warped on me and rather than have him make another table, I decided to get one from the factory.
    Yes that was a beautiful table, I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out. One of the thing we learned our trip is that we need to have a table cover for the factory table when it's left outside all day. We came back a couple of times to see it had been rained on and we started leaving with a trash bag over it for protection.
  • Options
    spkbeamspkbeam Member Posts: 15
    Guess odd ones. Wife and I took table out and never looked back. Love table but we felt it was in the way. Have a small folding we have outside next to chairs. If inside and need table we bring it inside.
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited June 2017
    If you notice, I did keep a side back, which is stored between the beds.  We keep a few things stored under the benches, but not stuff used all the time.  In the passenger side bench, I keep our awning and screen, which are easily gotten to from the front access door.  I was wondering... Has anyone any thoughts of having that outside access installed or are they useful?  Also, expensive?

Notice where the wall velcro is for the benches.  She made some nice bird additions for all of them...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    TerryV6 said:
    If you notice, I did keep a side back, which is stored between the beds.  We keep a few things stored under the benches, but not stuff used all the time.  In the passenger side bench, I keep our awning and screen, which are easily gotten to from the front access door.  I was wondering... Has anyone any thoughts of having that outside access installed or are they useful?  Also, expensive?

Notice where the wall velcro is for the benches.  She made some nice bird additions for all of them...
    I am thinking of having the outside access door installed when we go to uCamp next month. No idea how I arrange this. We have started leaving our twin beds made up all the time and it would be nice to be able to pull out the awning and other things we need for making camp out of there without disturbing the bed.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,426
    I guess the usefulness of that door depends on what you keep in that space and how often you need to access it. We keep it crammed tight with items that come out when we set up, and go back in when we break camp. These include two folding chairs, three folding tables, the awning, a three-point picnic shelter, and a camp stove. Unpacking and packing is a minor nuisance, but there's no way I could get that stuff in and out of that teeny door!  
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @TerryV6 @Photomom
    We had the outside access door installed at the factory after we had made our initial order and were charged $400. But I believe that we paid a premium because our order had already been placed and we were told that NuCamp charges a $100 fee for addons added after the initial work order has been placed.  But @WhiteCastle purchased his about the same time and his dealer included it with the base price.

I couldn't live without it and I call it my garage. The space is too deep to access it all so, I keep everything we need when we get to camp that is related to power and water and stabilizing within reach of the door.  Tools and anything I need to repair stuff is further back and only accessible from under the seat. I even have sandbags in bins that have been attached high in the very back of the area, that I can use for anchoring the side panels of our awning when we are on asphalt. There's even a car vac that @Sandiegogal uses to clean up after me because I'm constantly dragging in stuff from outside. (so I'm told  :s )
  • Options
    dsatwork said:
    @TerryV6 @Photomom
    We had the outside access door installed at the factory after we had made our initial order and were charged $400. But I believe that we paid a premium because our order had already been placed and we were told that NuCamp charges a $100 fee for addons added after the initial work order has been placed.  But @WhiteCastle purchased his about the same time and his dealer included it with the base price.

Hmmm, not sure it's worth $400, or even $300. I wonder how hard it would be to install it myself.
  • Options
    @Photomom  totally doable, I would say and even considered it myself.
  • Options
    blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    I just picked up my new T@B and I have to say that after the first 3 nights, I MUCH prefer the older table. It was a much bigger work area and eating area and card playing area AND it was much faster to convert from dinner to bed.... My dealer said you can still buy the old ones online, so I'll probably do that pretty quickly and maybe keep the swivel table for outdoor use
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @blackc2004 check around first. There have been previous posts from all over the country looking to give theirs away.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    We have an extra mount on the outside of the T@B and use the table there; it holds our convection oven.  If we need it, we can still use it inside but we've found a table tray that we can use on the seat to hold anything that might spill.  We have found that there is much more inside space without the table.  

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    MN_JimMN_Jim Member Posts: 3
    dsatwork said:
    Ref outside access door, the Aliner owners club has a good write-up on this mod.  The critical thing seems to be not to cut through one of the seat supports or wiring.  Disclaimer - I have not done this myself, but the mod looks do-able. https://alinerownersclub.org/diy/ow-baggage-door/ 
  • Options
    MN_Jim said:
    dsatwork said:
    Ref outside access door, the Aliner owners club has a good write-up on this mod.  The critical thing seems to be not to cut through one of the seat supports or wiring.  Disclaimer - I have not done this myself, but the mod looks do-able. https://alinerownersclub.org/diy/ow-baggage-door/ 
    Good write-up and will admit, it took me about 1/2 hour before I could muster up enough courage to cut a hole through the drivers side wall of my T@B to install an electrical outlet.  This after pondering the notion, checking, re-checking, measuring, etc.  It ended up fine, the area under the shower was clear and sufficient and I now have an additional electrical outlet on the opposite side of the trailer that comes in handy.  
  • Options
    MegaMega Member Posts: 69
    How long and wide are the beds Terryv6?
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Initially, we really liked the Lagun table.  But as we started spending time camping out of the T@B, we found it easier to leave the bed made and spend more time outside.  If we have to go indoors, we have a small costco "kiddie" table that is a good size for outside and easy to bring in and lay on the bed if we want to eat inside or watch TV. So, our Lagun table is stored with the rest of the camping gear we rarely use.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    When we use the Tab tent, we use the Lagun on the outside bracket.  No need for an extra inside table.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 272
    We still use the folding table. Nice and big and sturdy. Plenty of space for meals and playing games when the weather outside is less than optimal.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole