Options

Can I adjust fresh water level gauge?

The tank gauges on my 2017 T@B S seem to work fine with regard to the grey and black water.  The fresh water seems to be off quite a bit. When I fill the tank,  it reads 100% way before the tank is full.  Just the opposite, when it reads 25% it's empty.  Does anyone know if these gauges can be calibrated? 

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado

Comments

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    Mine acts the same, although my empty is between 13 and 19 depending on who knows what.  :-)  I'd be curious if there is any way to adjust short of getting into the tank and moving the sensors.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The sensors are mounted on the outside of the tanks. For those under the factory one year warranty, please contact your dealer. Others, you can contact the factory for any suggestions they may have. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    Thanks Verna,  I will contact my dealer.   

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I might have dreamt this, but I thought I read somewhere that the shape of the fresh water tank made it hard to place the sensor accurately. Again, take that with a grain of salt. My one brain cell is sorta fried from this week's workload.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Ratkity, you are correct. The dealer should know if the sensor needs adjustment and the factory can advise through exchange of photographs how the sensor should be positioned. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    edited July 2017
    The photo below has been re-sized by the forum moderating team to meet forum requirements.  We ask that members please re-size all photos prior to posting to the forum to eliminate page disruptions via loading, etc.  

This is a photo of the fresh water tank upside down at the factory.  The sensor strip curls around the bottom of the tank.  According to Renee at the the plant, this is how it should look.  I suppose you have to loosen and partially remove the corrugated panel at the bottom of the trailer to expose this view.  So far, I'm wondering if it's worth the bother.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited July 2017
    There is no manual adjustment of the sensors as they are a computerized chip card.  The sensors can be placed on the side of the tanks and although some do occasionally go bad, they are replaced with a new sensor.  

newell said:
    The fresh water seems to be off quite a bit. When I fill the tank,  it reads 100% way before the tank is full.  Just the opposite, when it reads 25% it's empty.  Does anyone know if these gauges can be calibrated? 
    What you are possibly experiencing at 25% isn't that the tank is completely empty, that is the point where the rest of the water cannot be pumped out as it also begins to sputter, race and suck air into the line.  The SeeLevel ll tank monitor isn't the perfect setup but is better than the internal sensors on some of the other RV's.  

I like this system and once you get the hang of it and understand that you need to monitor the amount of water inside the freshwater tank prior to taking a shower, etc. it allows you to get the most out of every shower and not leave you standing there with soap on your body and unable to rinse off or standing in water from an overfilled gray water tank.  When it gets down to around 20-23% it is time to refill the tank prior to showering!

As noted, it is not a perfect monitoring set up but sure beats the guesswork that many others have to do without it!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    My tank monitoring system is extremely reliable and eliminates any guesswork. However it is not suitable for installation on newer T@Bs with the underbelly protector.  ;-)

2015 T@B S

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @ScottG, Glad I swallowed my coffee afore I saw that one! :rofl: Pretty high tech stuff 'ya got there! Old school man, old school! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Yeah, I was gonna' add that it's a "bug proof" system, but I've seen some mighty big spiders down there under the T@B!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Hopefully, not the "barkin'' spider type!!!! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    ScottG - too funny!

BTW, our solar set up using the pigtails off the charge controller as you described worked beautifully.  The 10 gauge wire is very stiff and we need to find a way to support the wires as they exit the controller.  No lunch box here
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @SAM, glad to hear it's working out. Did you opt for mounting the controller in some way, or do you just set it somewhere sheltered when in use?

How much battery power do the electronic tank sensors draw? There, now I haven't completely derailed this thread.  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    We just rest the controller on a short cat food box and close the tub lid.  If there is rain we will disconnect.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I chased 2 wasps nests out from under the camper last weekend. Small ones. There's a homeless spider out there too. On a good note, the sudden rain storms turned up a little stone fella (3" long?) in an unexpected place next to the camper and house:

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Must be one of Harvey's toys! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Harvey probably invited the wasps... he wouldn't play with a stone turtle, he'd have gone for the snapping turtle! We were trying to get her across the road towards the pond. She wasn't too fond of being poked with a stick and I wasn't going to attempt to pick her up... that head and neck can extend a long ways!

• Options
    I heard somewhere (and how many bits of bad advice start out with that qualifier...) that the thing to do is pick up the turtle's back legs only and coax it along sorta' like a wheelbarrow. Allowing it to continue walking on its front legs avoids disorienting the turtle and putting it off the trail of its destination.

Sounds good to me, though I've never had the opportunity (nor do I suspect I'd have the patience) to try it!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, man, you oughta seen them claws! There was no way I was gonna touch them toes. LOL. She was a feisty old thing. I read that's about as large as they get. We didn't drag her at all because it could hurt the turtle, but we sort of herded it across the street.
  • Options
    @Ratkity, YEEha, Rawhide!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I'll bet herding turtles is a whole lot less exciting than herding cats. Yawwwwn!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, Unless @Ratkity is involved! That could be VERY entertaining! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Dang, @ericnliz knows me too well!! Being the scientist I am, I gave a lecture on snapping turtles, did a demonstration on how our lost snapping turtle could snap a fairly large stick in half and then showed all how far that turtle's head and neck could extend by grabbing the shell where you'd normally pick up a large turtle without harming it... btw, it's still in snapping distance!! 

Did you know that snapping turtles can't pull their heads all the way into their shells? BTW, the one we encountered never showed any fear, never tried to cower and was quite the aggressive reptile.