Options

Making TV sound come thru the Jensen Stereo system

2»

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    We'll just have to go camping in a couple of weeks and figure it out!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    Verna, I couldn't get the sound from the rear speakers either and then I found I had a DVD inserted.  I ejected the DVD and behold!  There was sound from the rear speakers.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Sgtjohn said:
    Verna, I couldn't get the sound from the rear speakers either and then I found I had a DVD inserted.  I ejected the DVD and behold!  There was sound from the rear speakers.
    John, I'm not having problems with my speakers. I've offered to assist Carolyn to figure out her speakers. Thanks for the offer to assist. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I'm sorry Verna, I thought you had the problem with the speakers.  Maybe Carolyn will see what I did and it will help her.
  • Options
    SgtJohn, she has a clamshell, and she can only get sound in the clamshell if she turns on the inside TV. See her explanation on page 1
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm old and can't read fast, she has to type it s-l-o-w.  Same for my hearing, talk slow and I can understand you, I'm old and can't hear fast!  Ha!!!
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am typing this slowly because I know you cannot read very fast. B)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    H e y , S g t J o h n.   I s  t h I s  a  b e t t e r  s p e e d ?    B)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Yes, I can read you loud and clear.  Now we're getting somewhere Ollie-thanks to you!  =)
  • Options
    EmyEmy Member Posts: 24
    Thank you bgkirk!!!!!
    emily . northern ohio . 2015 320s . jeep wrangler
  • Options
    ok, so I tried the directions provided here and from another site last weekend while camping and got no sound from anywhere.  Currently I get sound from both the TV and the DVD Player over the various speakers only when watching a DVD.  What I'm trying to do is get  tv sound (network channels) over the external speakers.  The sound quality of the tv is terrible so I wanted to be able to get sound through the external speakers around the T@B and hopefully also from the tv itself simultanously. Is this possible, or am I reading something wrong?  Thanks.
  • Options
    seajeeperseajeeper Member Posts: 37
    I pulled an audio cable from the TV to the stereo (through the wall and behind the bathroom).  Connect the cable to the audio out jacks on the TV and the Aux Jacks on back of the Stereo.  When you push the Aux button on the stereo it will play the TV sound.

2016 Max S, 2011 Volvo XC60

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 88
    i have a 2017 T@G and this is how to do it. On Jensen switch input to Aux one. On TV switch input to antenna/cable. Turn up volume on the Jensen. 

You can also connect computer or another devise via HDMI to the TV.

If you are using HDMI into TV then switch the Jensen input to Aux One settings and turn up the sound. TV must be on HDMI input. It will play the video on the TV and sound will come out of Jensen speakers. We use it with an iPad with these settings.
  • Options
    JannonJannon Member Posts: 50
    Thanks for this seajeeper!  I just picked up my 2018 T@B and was told the speakers would play the audio from the TV...and noticed it came with the audio jacks.  Figured there was some work to be done to connect the TV to the stereo.   

Quick ?  I'm pulling the radio out soon to install the "kill switch" to fully power off the radio...assume the audio plugs (red & white) are on the back of the radio, can you confirm.
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    I have a 2017 S and it is already wired to do what you want to do.  Unless they have changed with the 2018 models you should be able to use the Aux setting on the Jensen to get sound from the speakers.  Mine also came with audio jacks but I believe these are for connecting other auxiliary devices.  

2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    JannonJannon Member Posts: 50
    Thanks Foxden... I'll give it another try, getting it out this weekend for a short overnight trip with my new TV.  Looking forward to getting some good pics!
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I'm not at home yet to look, but I believe there is an Aux 1 and Aux 2.  I set it to Aux 1 for sound from the TV.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    EjiEji Member Posts: 12
    Hi there , I was able to get the speakers working with the exception of front speakers . The Jensen system has speakers A and speakers B. what is B for and how do i get the sound on all 4 speakers? I am sure its simple  but I can t seem to find it. Help please. 

Thanks for all the post. 
  • Options
    MegaMega Member Posts: 69
    My B speakers are in the galley area at the back,of the clamshell.
  • Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    @Eji,
    We have a clamshell model also. If we want the 2 speakers inside the T@B to be on we press A. If we want the speakers in the galley to work, we press B. If A and B are on then we have all 4 speakers on. If we want one of the pair of speakers off we press that letter to turn it off.
    Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner