Options

Favorite RV toilet paper?

Amazon has Scott tissue, gosh its pricey!! Appreciate any feedback on this important subject. thanks!
Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Don't use special RV TP. We use tha same as we use at home and have for years in many different RVs.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    luvmytabluvmytab Member Posts: 66
    ooooohhhhh, i love that idea!
    Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    A friend gave me a large sack of single ply rolls and they seem to disintegrate just fine! I think I've got a four year supply (maybe longer!), too!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Scott Rapid Disolve, available at Walmart  in the RV section. I purchase it by the case because I now use it at home, too. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    luvmytabluvmytab Member Posts: 66
    I use 1-ply Scott at home for years (not everyone likes the lack-of-softness) and have no problems with clogged toilets. Sounds like i will use it in my T@B now.....unless someone out there convinces me otherwise. thanks!
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    You can always open the toilet valve(like you are flushing) and look down inside with a flashlight. If you have pyramids, you have problems. If you don't, you're good to go!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    boudinboudin Member Posts: 6
    jkjenn said:
    I just use the regular Scott septic safe.
    Yes, this is good stuff. Scott brand and look for the 'septic safe' statement on the label. 
    2017 T@B CS-S MAX towed by a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 HEMI (barely know the T@B is there!) 
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    My T@B manual says to use "biodegradable RV toilet paper" but I have read elsewhere that any septic safe TP is ok to use.  Thoughts?  Can I just borrow from my home stash of Costco 2-ply that says it is septic safe???
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We use the same stuff we use at home. Two ply the softer the better. It all seems to break down just fine. Just flush your tank good. Not every time but once in a while I use a high pressure wand and laundry detergent for extra cleaning power. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Scott standard, septic safe.  We use at home and in rv and boat.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    PNWtabber said:
    My T@B manual says to use "biodegradable RV toilet paper" but I have read elsewhere that any septic safe TP is ok to use.  Thoughts?  Can I just borrow from my home stash of Costco 2-ply that says it is septic safe???
    The Costco should be fine.  There are some you tube videos with people testing the breakdown of various brands for RVs.  Costco was one of the ones that dissolved the best.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited September 2020
    Buying "specific paper" for an RV makes no sense. Keep in mind that the "black tank" is meant as stated, a storage tank. It is not a septic tank for waste to decompose in. So, the ability for the paper to breakdown is null and void. Besides, if you pull a camper around with a partially full tank for any distance, it will agitate it to bits anyway. Use what feels best to you. I can say that if you use high quality paper, you will use less of it. 30 rolls of Charmin last my wife and I close to 6 months. 

***BTW, I lived in a 5th wheel 7 years that was rarely towed and never had an issue with Charmin either.....
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    There are many portable bidets.  Your TP usage will go down so far you won't even notice what goes in the black tank.  I sailed through the Great Pandemic Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020 with no issues at all at home.  I still have most of a big Costco package of TP I bought in late 2018.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)