Options

After much deliberation......

twich55twich55 Member Posts: 4
We -the wife and I- are the proud owners of a new T@B 400, red with integrated solar. I had wanted an Airstream Basecamp and she wanted the 400, so after much deliberation and hand ringing we decided on the 400. the bottom line was that I could live with the 400 but she couldn't see herself in the Basecamp. So here we are nestled under the snow capped peaks of Mt.Rose and Slide Mountain just outside of Reno NV awaiting the delivery of our new T@B 400 from a dealer all the way from Mt. Vernon Indiana. I do a lot of hunting and fishing so I hope this thing can hold up on the dirt roads of Nevada and Eastern Sierra's of California.  we also have two Brittany's one three and one 14, so It could get crowded in our little trailer. let the adventure begin!!!
Don & Michelle
2018 NuCamp T@B 400 
1999 Toyota Land Cruiser
Galena NV

Comments

• Options
    StevieStevie Member Posts: 36
    How exciting! I hope you love your new T@B. Adventure awaits!
  • Options
    TammaraTammara Member Posts: 34
    Congratulations!!  I have a 320s, so similar clearance to your 400, I believe. I bought my T@B in August and have taken it on some forest service roads in the NE corner of California, some gravel, some dirt. My lil' Bird did just fine behind my Jeep Cherokee. As long as you watch the clearance and take it easy on the washboard sections, I think it should be fine.
    2017 T@B 320 S     Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
    States Visited Map

• Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    Pretty Country! When you mentioned those two mountains....

It was a bit over 42 years ago that my wife & I were married at Emily Griel's ranch over on the east side of Washoe. We were living in Monterey, and the closest family I had was a brother who worked for Emily, so that's where we had our small ceremony.  Boy has that area grown since then!!

When we got our marriage license, we had to go to Carson City... guess they had just changed the forms; our marriage license is number 0000002.... (Really!)

Miss that area-- sounds like you've found a quiet spot. Enjoy your new T@B!

...former T@B owner in NH
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Congrats!  Tell John Gerton that Verna said “Hi!”.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Welcome to the forum, to the t@b family and congratulations on your 400! Adventures await. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Just curious...why didn’t your wife like the Basecamp?  They look nice, but we like the light weight (and queen bed) of our T@B.  I believe the 400 has more suspension than the T@Bs; we have to take it easy on all our Western dirt/gravel roads.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Congrats!!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Just curious...why didn’t your wife like the Basecamp?  They look nice, but we like the light weight (and queen bed) of our T@B.  I believe the 400 has more suspension than the T@Bs; we have to take it easy on all our Western dirt/gravel roads.

she couldn't seem to wrap her head around the idea of making the table into a bed every day and again at night. however I was really drawn to high ground clearance and the durable construction. I think the 400 is a fair compromise.
    Don & Michelle
    2018 NuCamp T@B 400 
    1999 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Galena NV
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @twich55, Welcome!!!! Ya' know what they say...happy wife, happy life!!! :) Beautiful country you're in, get out there & enjoy!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @twich55 I felt the same way as your wife when I saw the Basecamp last winter at the RV show. Looking forward to pics and great tales of your 400 travels!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    We have a 320 and are looking at the 400 because of the bed needing to be made each night.  Also I wake up an hour before my wife and there is no where I can sit, read and have a cup of tea in the camper without bothering her.  The big plus side to the the 320 is that without the table you can have 4 people sitting around talking or playing instruments.  There are always trade offs. 
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @Iapowers57 - a side tent allows me to get up earlier and you can use it to gather several people together.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    thanks for all the warm welcomes!
    Don & Michelle
    2018 NuCamp T@B 400 
    1999 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Galena NV