Update for "In Loving Memory"

ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
First of all, a big thank you to all of you who have reached out in one way or another. Your thoughts have been very heartwarming, and welcome.
Liz was the love of my life, and literally the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have been surrounded by 4 of my 5 children, many good friends, and family during this difficult time. This week has been quite difficult in that the doctors had to keep Liz on life support so that her organs could be used, but also while they were in the process of not only testing to see which which organs could be used, but finding recipients for the organs as well. Yesterday her heart was given to a very lucky soul, and her kidneys were also received by a lucky person as well. At least two folks will start the New Year with a new lease & outlook on life. Makes me smile to know that these folks were given a very precious gift from a very precious lady. The news of this event was given to me last night when I was at dinner with my children at Liz's favorite restaurant, celebrating her life. I broke down in tears at the hearing of this news...not sad tears, but happy ones. New life had been given to folks that before had little to look forward to, and my precious wife could finally rest in peace.
God speed Liz, I love you,
Eric
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,395
    On principle, I refuse to use the newly added "Awesome" response to posts. This one is worth an exception, however.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful postscript to the life of a great lady.
    2015 T@B S
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    A very appropriate use of the word to describe a lady who touched more lives in more ways than I can describe. ;) Thanks @ScottG:)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• gooddogs74gooddogs74 Member Posts: 76
    I'm very sorry for your loss.  Sounds like great kids you raised. 
    2018 T@b 400
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Eric, I can’t imagine your heavy heart during this time or how you have found the spirit and strength to share this with all of us.  Good to know you have your kids and friends to lean on in the days ahead.  I am sure the recipients are rejoicing with the blessing of Liz’s gifts of life.  We share your burden of grief and send you and your family healing peace.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    After hearing of your loss, I've simply been at a loss for words.  Nothing I can think to type in this text box can make what you are going through easy.  

But, none the less, I wish that you may find comfort in all the good memories you two made together, and also continue to find positives in each day.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • JerryandVickiJerryandVicki Member Posts: 17
    Dearest Eric,  We are so sorry for your great loss. It is a loss for all of us who knew Liz. Thank you so much for this loving tribute to her. Your post brings such tears!  It is nice to know about her donation to those two families.  And thank you to Ratkity
    Jerry, Vicki and Lol@
    2017 CS-S Open Tab 
    TV 2015 Subaru Outback 6 cyl., The Starship
    Liberty Lake, WA